Cardinal History

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He probably wanted a raise :mrgreen:
I did a little research. Bidwill demanded that he spend the offseason in St.Louis & he had a daughter in Chicago that was in HS. So, he wanted to be in Chicago during the offseason. They apparently mutually agreed to split, but Lemm always said that he was fired. Lemm went to Houston & won an AFL Championship. Bill Bidwill was always a horrible owner.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another screw up by the Bidwill’s. Lemm was the HC when I started following the team & he was a damn good one. How do you fire a guy that’s 18-8?
As the tweet states, he was 18-8-2 in 1963-64. But he was 37-38-4 overall in St. Louis with no playoff appearances, including 5-9 in 1965.
I did a little research. Bidwill demanded that he spend the offseason in St.Louis & he had a daughter in Chicago that was in HS. So, he wanted to be in Chicago during the offseason. They apparently mutually agreed to split, but Lemm always said that he was fired. Lemm went to Houston & won an AFL Championship. Bill Bidwill was always a horrible owner.
He had previously won an AFL Championship in Houston (in 1961). When he returned to Houston after his stint in St. Louis, he was 27-26-3 over 5 years, and 0-2 in the playoffs.

...dave

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I had a set of those in high school. Had these plastic goalposts you could hang them on. The only one that somehow survived was the Cardinal one (not planned on my part) that I gave to my son. I remember ordering them and they came about a year later LOL.

Good memories.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was at that game in my hometown! I don’t think I’ve missed a Cards/Cowpies game here in Dallas since I became a fan in 1974. :)
It’s a shame you weren’t at the 1970 Monday Night game in Dallas when the Cardinals won 38-0 & the whole world saw it. Other than the 2009 NFC Championship game against Philly, it is still my GREATEST Cardinal memory. The clothes I wore that night, I wore for many Cardinal games afterwards. Unfortunately, I eventually came to grips that the clothes alone don’t break curses.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose