Cardinal History

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I hope the younger guys on this board come to grips that this franchise has always found ways to lose games. Didn’t matter who the HC was or who the GM was. The only common denominator is the Bidwill name. So, remember that when the whiners on this board complain about KK, SK, KM, etc.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stallings was a decent coach, but he blew that game. From his college years, he was thinking that the clock stops after a 1st down to set the ball. Not in the NFL. So the clock ran out. I remember screaming at the TV.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cardinals were a huge disappointment in 85. After just missing out in 84, a lot of people thought the Cardinals would win the NFC East. The OL was in shambles, and Lomax got sacked over 50 times. Bidwill was so pissed that he had the locks changed & Hanifin didn’t know he was fired until he tried to get in the building.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
'85 was a huge let down. They started out pretty strong with a 3-1 record, but a Monday Night thrashing by the Redskins later that year was the writing on the wall for me.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
'85 was a huge let down. They started out pretty strong with a 3-1 record, but a Monday Night thrashing by the Redskins later that year was the writing on the wall for me.

Sounds like 1991. We start out 2-0 with a punter at QB (Tom Tupa) then get smashed by the Redskins in game 3 and end up 4-12.

I will never forget a news feed/video where Tupa looked into the camera after going 2-0 saying "somethings going on in the desert" Believed that...not the first time or last time I fell for that.:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose