Can we just admit that Fitz is done?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Shane, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

We hate to admit it but Fitz is running on empty. He may show a spurt here or there but the guy is done.

less then 4 catches a game at 6.3 ypc..... 0 TDs

that’s REALLY REALLY BAD

I don’t want to hear “but he’s Worth the price tag just to be in the locker room crap this offseason”

We all love him and appreciate the commitment to this franchise and the community. He is has been a treasure to watch and a dream for this franchise. But it’s time to move on and get fresh blood. If he wants to stay here it needs to be in a front office capacity.

2. New Mexico

New Mexico Fan since 1976ish

I'll admit that he doesn't get any looks because he's the third option, and KM locks on to his first read. He still finds ways to get open, but KM doesn't see him.

daves and cardncubfan like this.
  3. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Of course he is not what he use to be but if you go back and watch the game there are many times he is open. He can’t throw the ball to himself. Also, Kliff has got to stop throwing him 2 yard passes or behind the line of scrimmage.

I feel when you throw the bubble screens your looking for a plus yardage gain with the possibility of a big play. Fitz is not that guy.

However, I refuse to believe Fitz, even at this point , can’t challenge a nickel corner or a linebacker.

Cardsfaninlouky and daves like this.
  4. Shane

Denial is not a river in Africa.... lol

Finito likes this.
  5. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Fitz is getting open. Quite often actually. But Kyler either can't see him or can't make the throws over the middle where Fitz normally is. Likely both.

Cardsfaninlouky and wit3card like this.
  6. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

Everyone knows we pay Larry $12M to be a mascot / cheerleader these days. No way he is a $12M WR these days. I love the guy and what he means to the organization but after this year if I'm Bidwill I offer him a front office contract not a player contract at $12M.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Russ Smith and Shane like this.
  7. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

You mean like AD was & still is done? Lol. I couldn’t resist :mrgreen:

I think the reality is we don’t really know if he’s done or not when he’s not being utilized or even targeted for whatever reason. With that I said, I do think this is his last hurrah because he sees Dhop is the main man & he can ride off into the sunset knowing it’s in good hands, pardon the pun. Things could also change as well if his role changes but I don’t believe that will happen.

Cardsfaninlouky and daves like this.
  8. BritCard

BritCard Registered

I'll put it this way. I don't think there's any discernible difference between 2019 Fitz and 2020 Fitz and he had 804 yards last year.

9. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

He was leaner and more fluid last year.

Kyler is still missing him. However, physically he looks different. Fitz seemed to pick up more YAC when he had the ball last year as well.

No NFL offseason hasnt been kind to our players.

Russ Smith and Shane like this.
  10. Shane

Yep. He has done less with the balls he has caught. He just looks slow. Heck AI and Kirk have found the end zone before Fitz.... He still blocks well and gets the ball to the LOS quickly in a hurry up situation though.

11. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

How many throws included Fitz in the end zone thus far! I’ll give you a hint, it’s starts with z & end with o

12. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

Let's have this conversation once Kyler starts hitting his targets. Did Kyler lift weights all summer and do nothing else? He's been super rusty so far this season.

Paso Fino and Shane like this.
  13. AZ Native

AZ Native Living is Easy with Eyes Closed Contributor

You can’t catch it if it’s thrown to you. He has been targeted 18 times and caught 14. He was wide open and on the run yesterday and K1 missed him by a mile. That catch and run may have changed a lot of things yesterday. K1 does not even look his way even when he is open. Sure, he is not the Larry of old and never will be. Too bad he doesn't have a QB like Warner who knew where to throw it and let Larry make the play. He is in great shape and has great hands. He's never been a burner but can still be effective if utilized properly. If we cut him today, another team would pick him up immediately. Maybe a SB contending team.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Paso Fino, daves and DemsMyBoys like this.
  14. thephoenixson28

thephoenixson28 Registered

No

15. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Done? Not sure how you define "done," but I definitely wouldn't characterize Larry as "done!"
    Is he worth $11mm per? Now that can be debated... But, if Kyler were actually a legit NFL - which he is not at the moment, I have no doubt Larry would be averaging 5 catches and 70 yards or so a game.

Don't you post this sort of thread every year? :mulli:

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.