Can we just admit that Fitz is done?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We hate to admit it but Fitz is running on empty. He may show a spurt here or there but the guy is done.

less then 4 catches a game at 6.3 ypc..... 0 TDs

that’s REALLY REALLY BAD

I don’t want to hear “but he’s Worth the price tag just to be in the locker room crap this offseason”

We all love him and appreciate the commitment to this franchise and the community. He is has been a treasure to watch and a dream for this franchise. But it’s time to move on and get fresh blood. If he wants to stay here it needs to be in a front office capacity.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We hate to admit it but Fitz is running on empty. He may show a spurt here or there but the guy is done.

that’s REALLY REALLY BAD

I don’t want to hear “but he’s Worth the price tag just to be in the locker room crap this offseason”

We all love him and appreciate the commitment to this franchise and the community. He is has been a treasure to watch and a dream for this franchise. But it’s time to move on and get fresh blood. If he wants to stay here it needs to be in a front office capacity.
Of course he is not what he use to be but if you go back and watch the game there are many times he is open. He can’t throw the ball to himself. Also, Kliff has got to stop throwing him 2 yard passes or behind the line of scrimmage.

I feel when you throw the bubble screens your looking for a plus yardage gain with the possibility of a big play. Fitz is not that guy.

However, I refuse to believe Fitz, even at this point , can’t challenge a nickel corner or a linebacker.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denial is not a river in Africa.... lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz is getting open. Quite often actually. But Kyler either can't see him or can't make the throws over the middle where Fitz normally is. Likely both.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everyone knows we pay Larry $12M to be a mascot / cheerleader these days. No way he is a $12M WR these days. I love the guy and what he means to the organization but after this year if I'm Bidwill I offer him a front office contract not a player contract at $12M.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You mean like AD was & still is done? Lol. I couldn’t resist :mrgreen:

I think the reality is we don’t really know if he’s done or not when he’s not being utilized or even targeted for whatever reason. With that I said, I do think this is his last hurrah because he sees Dhop is the main man & he can ride off into the sunset knowing it’s in good hands, pardon the pun. Things could also change as well if his role changes but I don’t believe that will happen.

that’s REALLY REALLY BAD

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll put it this way. I don't think there's any discernible difference between 2019 Fitz and 2020 Fitz and he had 804 yards last year.
He was leaner and more fluid last year.

Kyler is still missing him. However, physically he looks different. Fitz seemed to pick up more YAC when he had the ball last year as well.

No NFL offseason hasnt been kind to our players.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was leaner and more fluid last year.

Kyler is still missing him. However, physically he looks different. Fitz seemed to pick up more YAC when he had the ball last year as well.

No NFL offseason hasnt been kind to our players.
Yep. He has done less with the balls he has caught. He just looks slow. Heck AI and Kirk have found the end zone before Fitz.... He still blocks well and gets the ball to the LOS quickly in a hurry up situation though.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
How many throws included Fitz in the end zone thus far! I’ll give you a hint, it’s starts with z & end with o
Yep. He has done less with the balls he has caught. He just looks slow. Heck AI and Kirk have found the end zone before Fitz.... He still blocks well and gets the ball to the LOS quickly in a hurry up situation though.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Let's have this conversation once Kyler starts hitting his targets. Did Kyler lift weights all summer and do nothing else? He's been super rusty so far this season.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
You can’t catch it if it’s thrown to you. He has been targeted 18 times and caught 14. He was wide open and on the run yesterday and K1 missed him by a mile. That catch and run may have changed a lot of things yesterday. K1 does not even look his way even when he is open. Sure, he is not the Larry of old and never will be. Too bad he doesn't have a QB like Warner who knew where to throw it and let Larry make the play. He is in great shape and has great hands. He's never been a burner but can still be effective if utilized properly. If we cut him today, another team would pick him up immediately. Maybe a SB contending team.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Done? Not sure how you define "done," but I definitely wouldn't characterize Larry as "done!"
Is he worth $11mm per? Now that can be debated... But, if Kyler were actually a legit NFL - which he is not at the moment, I have no doubt Larry would be averaging 5 catches and 70 yards or so a game.

Don't you post this sort of thread every year? :mulli:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done? Not sure how you define "done," but I definitely wouldn't characterize Larry as "done!"
Is he worth $11mm per? Now that can be debated... But, if Kyler were actually a legit NFL - which he is not at the moment, I have no doubt Larry would be averaging 5 catches and 70 yards or so a game.

lol hardly I’ve said he’s not worth the price tag the last couple and still believe that. But he has clearly lost more then a step now. Even on his catches his 6.3 YPC speaks volumes. Fitz will be 62 and using a cane and you will think he still should earn 12 million a year and is invaluable on the field lol.... Yet we will still be a negative .500 team.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, KM's yards per attempt is 6.4. Speaks volumes.
That doesn’t correlate much.... last year Kyler was 6.9 and Fitz 10.2???? Explain that away then?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll put it this way. I don't think there's any discernible difference between 2019 Fitz and 2020 Fitz and he had 804 yards last year.

he's a year older and IMO looks discernibly heavier like he bulked up again.

He got that yardage from Murray, the difference is now we have Hopkins who is open on basically every play and leads the league in catches and is 4th in receiving yards.

There's still a place for Fitz on the team this year but I'm not at all convinced he should be playing more than 80% of the snaps.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
That doesn’t correlate much.... last year Kyler was 6.9 and Fitz 10.2???? Explain that away then?

Defenses are now scheming to minimize YAC on short routes because they know we don't go deep. Defenses have adjusted, like they always do after reviewing film of a rookie QB/ rookie OC. Fitz hasn't regressed that much in one season.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let's have this conversation once Kyler starts hitting his targets. Did Kyler lift weights all summer and do nothing else? He's been super rusty so far this season.
Its possible that the weight training is hurting his accuracy.

Guys like Brady Quinn and Tebow and Cam to a lesser extent accuracy suffered because they were too bulked up. Didnt have the flexibility.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He last put up those numbers in 2017 with Palmer only playing 7 games and Gabbert and Stanton the rest.

yes Kyler has to get better but Larry is basically a TE now.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
lol hardly I’ve said he’s not worth the price tag the last couple and still believe that. But he has clearly lost more then a step now. Even on his catches his 6.3 YPC speaks volumes. Fitz will be 62 and using a cane and you will think he still should earn 12 million a year and is invaluable on the field lol.... Yet we will still be a negative .500 team.

LOL... Bottom line, the guy can still add meaningful value to an offense. He is far from being "done." I'll always be amazed by your consistent, multi-year anti-Fitz stance. Of all the players to crown, he would be that guy... and somehow, you routinely attempt to diminish his value year after year.