Can we cut these three guys

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We will see but I'm predicting AJ will be out a few weeks. I'm not sure what was wrong with the knee it was bothering him before that drop where he apparently aggravated it when he landed after dropping the ball but it just seemed to me that was a white flag. They said he tried hard to get back in the game I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I think after he dropped that ball he had no interest in playing. I'd be very tempted to play the young guys including McBride in two TE sets and sit AJ.

Isabella totally agree with OP, that play where he gave up on the ball that was pathetic. Fight your way to the ball maybe get a PI on it don't just stop running.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to admit that I was one that advocate for resign AJ Green. Thought He had more left and will get better with more time in the offense. God He just looked lost, gasses, and unfocused on the field this year. How could anyone regress this much just one season apart? I was wrong in believing him. I am ready to see him retired unless there are some lockeroom issues we are not aware of.

I got fooled by the article where he talked about how bad Covid had been for him and I thought ok he'll be better. Maybe it's age, maybe he has long Covid I really don't know but he's clearly done.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Stout,

I know you dont WANT to be correct, because that means we suck, but man, you really relish being right if it allows you to call out posters who argued with you in the past. Personally, the I told you so stuff is beneath you. Who cares how they posted, what they said, or even what your interpretation of their voice was? Who cares. Lets just talk about the now. Constantly reminding everyone that you were right, and they were wrong is just petty. Let it go.
what are you cutting up in your avatar?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Have to admit that I was one that advocate for resign AJ Green. Thought He had more left and will get better with more time in the offense. God He just looked lost, gasses, and unfocused on the field this year. How could anyone regress this much just one season apart? I was wrong in believing him. I am ready to see him retired unless there are some lockeroom issues we are not aware of.
Good on you, my friend. It's hard to admit when you're wrong. Hell, I was on the Skelton bandwagon until the very end. I mean, oof!

Stout

Reaction score
Stout,

I know you dont WANT to be correct, because that means we suck, but man, you really relish being right if it allows you to call out posters who argued with you in the past. Personally, the I told you so stuff is beneath you. Who cares how they posted, what they said, or even what your interpretation of their voice was? Who cares. Lets just talk about the now. Constantly reminding everyone that you were right, and they were wrong is just petty. Let it go.
I get it, man. And I used to be that way, or try to be. I used to let it slide a lot, but certain posters got suuuuuper nasty and condescending this past offseason, and have had zero heart in coming back to hold up their hands and admit a damn thing. In fact, they just try to argue it and ignore it. I'm done with people mocking Darksiders for pointing out obvious stupidity with this FO and team. If someone wants to d-bag around the site, they can be ready to hear about it when their mockery blows up in their faces. They know who they are, and they'll never, ever admit they are wrong.

Well, one is starting to post some sense by this point, but will never seem to eat crow. And, brother, let me tell you, those folks relished pushing out those plates of crow at Darksiders last season. Early on, at least.

Where are all yinz who acted like such jags to the Darksiders this offseason? I hear nothing but crickets.

Stout

Reaction score
you can yell and scream about AJ all yu want, fact of the matter is there are zero viable options elsewhere at this moment.

the real dog is our star receiver who got caught cheating and now the team has to hope for a 3-3 record during his suspension.
A zombie would be a better WR at this point. Sign someone off a practice squad. He's done as an NFL player.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, Will Fuller (WR), Suh (DT) and Kevin King (CB). Of course Fuller has a history of drops, so would be a big downgrade from Andy in that respect.
Fuller has never played more than 11 games in a season, because he's always hurt...add that to the dropsies and it's easy to see why he's not on a team. Suh would be nice, but I'm guessing he still wants premium cash. I don't know enough about Kevin King to have an opinion about him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Fuller has never played more than 11 games in a season, because he's always hurt...add that to the dropsies and it's easy to see why he's not on a team. Suh would be nice, but I'm guessing he still wants premium cash. I don't know enough about Kevin King to have an opinion about him.
Admittedly there's not much out there on the street at WR, but there are some guys who have at least proven something in the NFL even though they are probably washed now...

OBJ, DeSean Jackson, TY Hilton, Allen Hurns, Adam Humphries

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are those posters scoffing at anyone who dared speak a single doubt about AJ Green? Those posters pretending some cap/salary math combined with his stats made him a great re-signing? Yeah, many of us knew how done he was and how stupid it was to bring him back even under a reduced rate. JFC, he's even worse than I knew!
Dude, Stop doing this. Yes, it was lame to be lambasted for thinking Green was washed but consistently posting call outs is lame by either side and just adds to more fights.

Be the better poster. I mean, Most people will never admit their wrong and does it really make you feel better if they actually do?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Admittedly there's not much out there on the street at WR, but there are some guys who have at least proven something in the NFL even though they are probably washed now...

OBJ, DeSean Jackson, TY Hilton, Allen Hurns, Adam Humphries
OBJ is still hurt, right? Hilton is back with Colts. Hurns is available, but hasn't played since 2019...does he really have anything to offer? Jackson would be interesting if he can stay healthy...he's also 35 now. Humphries is really the only one who played last year and may be healthy to go now.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know why I come back on the board after a loss... just when I cooled down, all of you help me get fired back up!

Isabella - so long! Can't say I will be disapointed that you will be leaving the team so day. The fact that you stopped your route basically solidified your fate. Why didn't you keep running to see if you could catch it? Did you even know the ball was in the air? I doubt it cause you appear to be clueless. Did you see how Murray overthrew Brown but he gave it everything he had to to try to get there. You give nothing.

Green - unfortunately, I was one that thought we should give him a chance again. He came in last year in a completely different kind of offense that he's evern been a part of and was servicable at best. Thinking he could come in a make a little improvement was worth the shot. No matter, I think he is done for a few weeks. "After" he already missed the ball, he came down and his knee buckled. I'm not a doctor but it didn't look good. I'm guessing by the time he is available, Hop will be back and Isabella will be cut.

Any ILB on our roster - Not sure what I can say here. Are guys in the wrong system? Are they giving up because they don't want to be here? Or....are our coaches tools?

On the bright side, I thought we would be 1-2 after 3 games. I also thought we'd win in Carolina, 50/50 chance against Philly since we don't know how to play at home and we'd beat Seattle to get to 3-3 without Hop. Maybe.. just maybe :)

Stout

Reaction score
Dude, Stop doing this. Yes, it was lame to be lambasted for thinking Green was washed but consistently posting call outs is lame by either side and just adds to more fights.

Be the better poster. I mean, Most people will never admit their wrong and does it really make you feel better if they actually do?
Yeah, you're right. It's just the gross double-standard on this board. The minute one positive thing happens the Kool Aiders are allowed, without repercussion, to lambast Darksiders and make demands that they eat crow. Where TF is the crow eating from the Kool Aiders? No, that's lame and wrong to expect. The double standard is just dumb.

But, yeah, I'll lay off the throttle a while.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nothing is going to improve with this franchise. Most of the roster is average or below average starters. You could cut 6 starters that you think are low performing and the substitutions will be about the same low quality and doesn't move the needle much

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We will see but I'm predicting AJ will be out a few weeks. I'm not sure what was wrong with the knee it was bothering him before that drop where he apparently aggravated it when he landed after dropping the ball but it just seemed to me that was a white flag. They said he tried hard to get back in the game I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I think after he dropped that ball he had no interest in playing. I'd be very tempted to play the young guys including McBride in two TE sets and sit AJ.

Isabella totally agree with OP, that play where he gave up on the ball that was pathetic. Fight your way to the ball maybe get a PI on it don't just stop running.
This, if he does not catch the pass but continues on his route his path gets impeded, and we get a pass interference call in our favor.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can you name 4 average viable NFL players on the street right now, who are available as replacements?

Don't forget there are over 400 players on practice squads across the league, in football shape waiting for their turn to play. You aren't just limited to street free agents

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nothing is going to improve with this franchise. Most of the roster is average or below average starters. You could cut 6 starters that you think are low performing and the substitutions will be about the same low quality and doesn't move the needle much

Ok - so cut six starters and give us the six replacements.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stout,

Stouts only doing it becasue it’s exactly what they did last season. But the people they crowed at came and admitted they were wrong. Same folks haven’t stepped up to do the same this season. It’s maybe gotten a bit long in the tooth at this juncture, but I understand stouts reasoning. What’s good for the goose and all . . .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose