Can the Cardinals Get Up Off the Mat?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe can beat the Hags but I am not able to figure out how we have collapsed in all facets of the game. Losing to the Lions tells me we still don’t have the leadership required to be a contending team.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are the Cardinals done? Or can they can the get up off the deck and beat either the Colts, Boys or Hags?
I think every team is playing with urgency and a playoff mentality, except us...this alone, doesn't bode well for our chances.

But yeah... Seahags would be our best shot. Even they will come out super hungry.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
There's a chance we can get a win if the Colts or Pukes clinch and rest their starters, or any of our last 3 opponents forfeit due to covid outbreak. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Talib mentioned in his commentary that winning the game to make play-offs is a hump the Cards can't get over at the moment.

A mental hurdle.

Feel like the moment we do though the handbrake will be off. Free us up and we can play again.

Look tense now. Not at ease.

Interesting take. That might be some of it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's feeling like opposing defenses have figured the Cardinals out or they are not playing with urgency.

Both are bad.

They can't rely on their offense or defense.

Warner4Prez

Reaction score
Talib mentioned in his commentary that winning the game to make play-offs is a hump the Cards can't get over at the moment.

A mental hurdle.

Feel like the moment we do though the handbrake will be off. Free us up and we can play again.

I honestly feel like it is this with a combination of a few other things. It's not a coincidence that we got to this point and are dead in the water now.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They looked uninspired today, like they weren't even into the game, so depressing to watch. If this is our team moving forward then we're done, this team ain't beating the Packers or the Bucs in the playoffs if they even make it.

On another note, Goff has our number along with the Panthers, history tells me I should've known we'd lose the Panthers game & to Goff's Lions today. Totally baffling. What are we like 0-12 against Goff & the Panthers now?

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
They looked uninspired today, like they weren't even into the game, so depressing to watch. If this is our team moving forward then we're done, this team ain't beating the Packers or the Bucs in the playoffs if they even make it.

On another note, Goff has our number along with the Panthers, history tells me I should've known we'd lose the Panthers game & to Goff's Lions today. Totally baffling. What are we like 0-12 against Goff & the Panthers now?

I wonder if this is rock bottom for this team. Because if it is, then maybe, maybe, they can find the will to fix what is broken.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Idk but I was expecting more creativity with Hopkins being out today, maybe sliding Chase over there, misdirection, anything really. Instead we get screens to slow down the pass rush when we're scrambling to come back pretty much too late. Not sure what to think now?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

A mental hurdle.

I can’t remember a team that ever had that as their hump. Does anyone else? Winning a championship? Sure. But just trying to win a game to get to the playoffs? That’s a hump that needs to be overcome? If so it screams volumes about the cast of mental midgets that must occupy the locker room and coaches offices.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t remember a team that ever had that as their hump. Does anyone else? Winning a championship? Sure. But just trying to win a game to get to the playoffs? That’s a hump that needs to be overcome? If so it screams volumes about the cast of mental midgets that must occupy the locker room and coaches offices.
Or complete lack of leadership. Thought we solved that. Obviously not.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don’t seem to have the ability to bloody our opponents mouth. We seem to always run around the gate instead of bashing it in and a lot of that is the lack of putting Kyler under center.

Running out of the shotgun is easier to diagnose. We need to close ranks a punch somebody in the mouth.

All this talk about acquiring leadership is now put to the test. We are either going to turn this around or we are going to get trucked this week vs the Colts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don’t seem to have the ability to bloody our opponents mouth. We seem to always run around the gate instead of bashing it in and a lot of that is the lack of putting Kyler under center.

Running out of the shotgun is easier to diagnose. We need to close ranks a punch somebody in the mouth.

All this talk about acquiring leadership is now put to the test. We are either going to turn this around or we are going to get trucked this week vs the Colts.
The number 1 pick in the draft Franchise QB is supposed to bring leadership. That’s why he’s a #1 pick.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The number 1 pick in the draft Franchise QB is supposed to bring leadership. That’s why he’s a #1 pick.
True, but it’s not Kyler’s fault that this defense lets the Lions March 80 yards for over 8 minutes on their opening drive.
Nor is it Kyler’s fault that the defense lets the lions drive 98 yards at the end of the half.
It’s not Kyler’s fault when Kirk drops two balls as well as Ertz.
It’s was Kyler’s fault to throw late to the far sidelines for the pick but Green made no attempt to turn in on his route.
Manning, Farve, MaHomes have all had bad games. Kyler had a bad game but there is no damn way this Lion team should be putting 30 points on us.
Way more than just Kyler.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
True, but it’s not Kyler’s fault that this defense lets the Lions March 80 yards for over 8 minutes on their opening drive.
Nor is it Kyler’s fault that the defense lets the lions drive 98 yards at the end of the half.
It’s was Kyler’s fault to throw late to the far sidelines for the pick but Green made no attempt to turn in on his route.
Manning, Farve, MaHomes have all had bad games. Kyler had a bad game but there is no damn way this Lion team should be putting 30 points on us.
Not like this and not at the end of the season when the games count. #excusesforKyler

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We scored 12 points against the 2nd worst defenseive team in the league.

and dont ever mention Mahommes, Manning or Favre ever again with Kyler until he AT THE VERY LEAST wins a big regular season game much less a playoff game. putting him in the same breath in any way shape or form is laughable at this point. He had nothing in common with those guys at this point.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes the DB had the angle but what killed me is Green just stood there & did nothing, watched the dude jump right in front & pick it off.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
How about the #1 bitch in the league go and try to tackle his mistake and not bitch about his WR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GORRAM INTERCEPTION RETURN!!! KM lost all of my support on that play alone. Kid, you effed up. Go try to stop an INT from becoming a pick 6. I don't give a good gorram what your WR did--PLAY UNTIL THE GORRAM WHISTLE!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard