Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We saw the typical Jake Plummer that we have seen over the past 6-7 years, unable to keep up with a real franchise QB.

It was great to see the Broncos get spanked, and see Jake blow it by not rallying his teammates. I pull against Jake since he didn't give the same effort of the field her as he gives in Denver...

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
Are you really blaming Plummer for a defensive brain fart and a some tipped passes. I don't think there is a QB in the league that could have made anything good out of yesterday if they were playing for the broncos in that game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by HIX
Are you really blaming Plummer for a defensive brain fart and a some tipped passes. I don't think there is a QB in the league that could have made anything good out of yesterday if they were playing for the broncos in that game.

Peyton Manning could. ;)

Jake didn't lose the game, but he didn't rally his team either...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Jake didn't lose the game, but he didn't rally his team either...

And he and the Broncos had the ball for almost 10 minutes more than Peyton.

Too funny - tonight on 910 the guy reporting about the games between the breaks on Bruce Jacob's show accidentally called Jake Delhomme ... Jake Plummer. :D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
And he and the Broncos had the ball for almost 10 minutes more than Peyton.

Too funny - tonight on 910 the guy reporting about the games between the breaks on Bruce Jacob's show accidentally called Jake Delhomme ... Jake Plummer. :D

But remember, according to the Plummer fans, Jake will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy this year! Yeah, maybe if he flies to New England or where ever, and asks the team if he can look at it.

Jake probably would have to do that to get his hands on an NFL Championship trophy, or get lucky enough to play on an allstar team like Dilfer did with the Ravens. :p

sinful

Reaction score
Come on lets be real Jake Plummer isn't the next Elway, he passed for no more yards than he did in Arizona. Before you bang on about "he didn't play the full amount of games" I acknowledge that fact but in 1997 he started 9 games and passed for 2203 and then in 1999 he started 11 games and passed for 2111 which is 70 odd yards less than this year but hardly a great selling point to the wonder that is Jake. He did cut out a lot of the ridiculous decisions he made before, but whether better coaching made him finally think before throwing at the opponents cornerback is debatable.

He was happy to lose in Arizona because everybody would run around and defend him, he sucked in Arizona and is no better where he is now. The fact that he now goes to training camp when before he didn't and that he now studies film when before he didn't just show with what contempt he held the fans of and everybody involved with the Arizona Cardinals. Didn't the people who paid to watch him stink the place up all those seasons deserve better? Didn't they deserve the extra effort he is giving those in Denver? The man is a complete jerk and I hope he never wins another game as long as he lives...

Packing up my soapbox and heading of home :computer:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
As grownups using a public, but, privately owned, vehicle to express our views we accept certain limits to our expression. Your use of the C... word is crass and does little to add to your opinion. Your new here, so perhaps you don't know. Please refrain in future.:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Northern Card for alerting the admins about the foul language. Another admin got to it before I did, otherwise a 3 day ban would have been imposed.

This is a PG board. Not R, not X.

sinful

Reaction score
You have my humblest apologies... I shall refrain from using such language in future.

But for what it's worth the C word is totally different where I come from to that word I chose to use!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Wiz-

I look at what the donkeys did in the last two weeks VS KC and Indy, argueably two of the top three teams in the AFC, and I just can't see who can beat Denver, now that they're on a roll at the perfect time. Going on the road should actually help Denver toughen up for the SB.

I think New England loses in the first round...

Boy I should read this part of the board more often (-:

Actually my comment related to what Shanahan said in camp, that he was exposing Jake to the whole system and no he wasn't scaling back his offense as had been rumored.

Then during the season he came out several times and said you think he's playing good now,wait until he's got the whole offense and we really turn him loose. Not saying he thinks Jake is stupid or something, just that Shanahan was smart enough to realize that he was winning games with the offense they were running and there was no point force feeding Jake more of it.

Jake had a terrific year, even in the playoff loss where we saw a lot of the "old Jake" we still saw a lot of the new improved Jake.