Call of Duty 4

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flame thrower is awesome. Online co-op play is awesome.

I'll be getting this game for sure now.

I hope they let me hop in the jeep so I can flame guys from the jeep. Now that would be cool.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man this game is tough at times.....
It looks fantastic.
Starting the campaign because i know if i go directly to multiplayer i'll never finish it.

I did. Although I was about 75% finished when I started playing multiplayer though. I just finished it a couple weeks ago.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed when I got my first helicopter in the multiplayer and I wasn't able to control the gun. LOL

We'll have to play again soon. The couple of games we played together you did good.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause I am better than you kid! :stick:

Well better accuracy and k/d ratio.

Though I have never played SnD or the other games so you have a better score than I do.

I've only played Domination, TDM, HCTDM, and FFA.

haha.

I go "Rambo" on many of those modes, so my K/D isn't as good as it could be. S&D is my game....

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha.

I go "Rambo" on many of those modes, so my K/D isn't as good as it could be. S&D is my game....

TDM and those similar modes are basically spray and pray. Real skilled players play S&D.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Finished the campaign tonite on normal difficulty. Like ya'll said....it's too short.
Very well done though. I was very impressed with it.
Tried a few missions on arcade at higher difficulties too....very cool.
On to multiplayer online so i can get smoked! LOL
After a few months at RFOM online i've finally gotten pretty competitive & successful there, i have a feeling i'm in for my own personal bloodbath early on here with COD4....
I'll dive in tomorrow night i think.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LJM820

Add me mojo
I'll do it tonight. I've got no one to play with yet. I've been earning my stripes playing mercenary Team deathmatch and i'm actually doing fairly well. I'm going to get a *headset before i venture on to the more serious "teamwork" matches so as not to piss anybody off if i decide to go Rambo. I've got about 5 hrs in and i'm a level 19 staff sargeant.
I'm lovin this game and it looks and plays awesome but i don't like the way that the lobby/staging is set up. I'm comparing it to R:FOM and either its got hidden features that i havent grasped yet or its just not on par with Resistance.
Example; You cant view other players stats while waiting for the game to begin. In fact,unless i'm missing something, it seems that the only players stats that you can view/compare are only those of "friends " you add.?...and of course your own.
If so thats hokie.

*If any of you COD4 vets have any suggestions on where to get a good deal on a headset i'm open to any comments.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey guys if you get a chance add me i'm also looking for a good clan i'm lvl 30 atm and a pretty decent player my gt on 360 is rudedeath. I work till midnight but i'm only part time so I don't work a lot of days during the work right now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to play a few nights a week for an hour or two. Feel free to add me and we can meet up sometime.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
BTW, DCR I owe from that last game we played in TDM.

The moment I spawned into the game, you killed me, and then to end the game I spawn in the 3 story pull out my RPG and you knife me in the back.

There shall be no mercy in the next go 'round.

--------------------

With that said, any suggestions on a new game purchase not named Rock Band?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, DCR I owe from that last game we played in TDM.

The moment I spawned into the game, you killed me, and then to end the game I spawn in the 3 story pull out my RPG and you knife me in the back.

There shall be no mercy in the next go 'round.

--------------------

With that said, any suggestions on a new game purchase not named Rock Band?

Bring it.

Guitar Hero?

Star Wars Unleashed?

Fable 2?

Last edited:

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
I still have a problem where I can't connect to the host and have to backout and come back in. By the time I got back in that room you were out.

I tried to get into your FFAs but the room was always full.

I was surprised when I got killed by you the 1st time. I had to check my friends list to see if it was you.

And 1-0 in TDM vs DCR teams. Scoreboard.

So the problem went away and is now back and has been for a few weeks.

I've done everything advised to me by Xbox, Activision and Qwest. Ensuring firewalls are open, forwarding ports, setting options to allow Xbox360 play, etc.

It is beyond frustrating at this point.

The majority of the time I have to back out and jump back in the room. I've learned that when a game is over and we enter the lobby if the timer at the top is in the 30s I am going to get booted at 26. If it's in the 40s I am good to go.

Sucks for playing in parties. If I get booted I can't reconnect to the party without being invited.

I don't experience lag when I play and my online experience from that standpoint is great.

:mad:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the problem went away and is now back and has been for a few weeks.

I've done everything advised to me by Xbox, Activision and Qwest. Ensuring firewalls are open, forwarding ports, setting options to allow Xbox360 play, etc.

It is beyond frustrating at this point.

The majority of the time I have to back out and jump back in the room. I've learned that when a game is over and we enter the lobby if the timer at the top is in the 30s I am going to get booted at 26. If it's in the 40s I am good to go.

Sucks for playing in parties. If I get booted I can't reconnect to the party without being invited.

I don't experience lag when I play and my online experience from that standpoint is great.

:mad:

I had the same problem for a while. The router that I used appeared to be causing the problem. Replacing mine worked. Are you using a router that is on the 360 compatibility list?

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
I had the same problem for a while. The router that I used appeared to be causing the problem. Replacing mine worked. Are you using a router that is on the 360 compatibility list?

I don't use a router. I use a direct connection with my handy Qwest Actiontek GT701-WG modem.

Activision and Xbox360 haven't identified that as a probelm then again after exchanging emails and phone calls over the past few weeks their last suggestions went back to their first one...forward ports.

My apologies to DCR, Nick Springfield, Grimreaper, Palehippo, and others who may be from here for either bailing on party play or ignoring invites.