Cal @ ASU

HooverDam

Reaction score
Ug, these slow starts are just getting ridiculous. Someone needs to trick Carpenter into thinking its always the 2nd half or something. I don't know why he can't ever seem to get rid of the ball, or just throw it away.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That sure looked like a facemask to me on that fumble by Carpenter...ASU needs to respond quickly.

HooverDam

Reaction score
That was the right call, the replay had nothing conclusive. Thats one of those plays where its going to go however it was called on the field because its just too close to overturn.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to be a intresting 2nd half asu will probally be down 20-14 cause I don't think their going to get the ball after the review on the fumble on the punt ret by cal

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ASU got jobbed. The ref is right that that other ref called it down, but the ref that called it down f'd up HUGE.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
man, asu is getting screwed. first they somehow miss carpenter's facemask and then the back judge screws up and prollys cost them a TD.

grrr...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dammit just gave up a long completion to cal 4th and 1 their going for it at midfield

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow. Is this the best that the PAC 10 has to offer for refs?...Oh, that's right, Hollywood vs. Oregon got them.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ASU is getting screwed by the refs so far.....

1st the missed facemask on Carpenter that causes the fumble for a TD

Then the touchdown pass that the guy was bobbling until he was out of bounds (which was at least close).

Then an inadvertant signal that overturns a fumble against ASU and the would've been 1st & goal??? How does the refs signal change the fact that he fumbled the ball? None of the Cal players stopped playing or really even noticed the refs signal.

By my count, the score should be 21-6 ASU if they score a TD after the fumble, at least 17-6 with a FG.

Is Tim Donaghy reffing this game?

Last edited:

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Rudy Carpenter needs to settle down. He looks at his first two reads, then panics. When Rudy panics, his pocket protection completely breaks down as he runs into blockers, runs TO the rushers, and runs backwards...

BTW, the refs blew that TD catch by Jackson as well - by the time he had control, his toe was the only thing left on the ground and it was out-of-bounds...

Go Devils...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard