Bynum signs with Celts, Dickau could be next

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Realgm this morning and Hoopshype.com

Celts are beginning to have a log jam in the back court. Not sure of the reasoning behind it but some trade must be coming next.

Will Bynum is a guy I thought the Suns should consider, he is a player very similar to Nate Robinson. Celts probably brought him on to match up with Robinson and the Knicks. Dickau just seems like a Danny Ainge type of player.

Maybe the Suns could pry away both Marcus Banks and Tony Allen with their trade exception and give Boston back their pick we got from Atlanta. That would give us two first rounders from the 2004 draft, could make up for the fact that we traded out of that particular 1st round.

Last edited:

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there something about Banks I'm missing?

Marcus Banks
Boston Celtics
Position: G
Height: 6-2 Weight: 200
College : Nevada-Las Vegas
Player file | Team stats

2004-05 Statistics
PPG 4.6
RPG 1.6
APG 1.9
SPG .78
BPG .16
FG% .402
FT% .742
3P% .356
MPG 14.1

Leandro Barbosa
Phoenix Suns
Position: G
Height: 6-3 Weight: 188
Player file | Team stats

2004-05 Statistics
PPG 7.0
RPG 2.1
APG 2.0
SPG .48
BPG .11
FG% .475
FT% .797
3P% .367
MPG 17.3

OP
OP
C

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not a big Banks fan either but he seems to more a true point guard than Barbs.

The guy in my sights is Tony Allen.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I thought I already explained why Tony Allen will not be traded?

Marcus Banks is a hard nosed defender that has problems running an offense. I still like him better than Dickau though.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I love the Q trade for KT. But DAMN I wanted Nate Robinson real bad!

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Celtics are going to have to make some moves. Here is the Inside Hoops free agency list from last Monday before these moves:

Boston Celtics
Under Contract: Tony Allen, Marcus Banks, Mark Blount, Ricky Davis, Al Jefferson, Raef LaFrentz, Kendrick Perkins, Paul Pierce, Justin Reed, Delonte West
Free Agents: Gary Payton
Added: Brian Scalabrine (FA from New Jersey), Qyntel Woods (Trade-Miami), Curtis Borchardt (Trade-Utah), Albert Miralles (Trade-Miami)
Lost: Antoine Walker (Miami)

OP
OP
C

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
The Celtics are going to have to make some moves. Here is the Inside Hoops free agency list from last Monday before these moves:

The Celts were supposedly going to waive Qyntel Woods but that transaction has not been reported on either Realgm or Hoopshype.

A trade for nothing in return could do their roster some good. The signing of Bynum combined with the rumor of also signing Dickau is very odd.