Bucks @ Suns Tuesday Finals game thread 7-6-2021 - Game 1

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The clippers rained 3’s, we can’t expect that output from Tucker and Holiday. Suns in 5

The match-up is actually closer to the Lakers than it is the Clippers. As such, it will likely come down to the health of Giannis and Paul, just as the Lakers series came down to the health of Davis and Paul.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bucks have size they can exploit. But they have streaky shooters. I can see them going into the paint more especially when Ayton is on the bench.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The match-up is actually closer to the Lakers than it is the Clippers. As such, it will likely come down to the health of Giannis and Paul, just as the Lakers series came down to the health of Davis and Paul.
The Bucks without Giannis are very similar to the version of Clippers we just played.

Jrue > Jackson

George > Middleton

Batum/Morris/Kennard = Portis/Connaughton/Tucker

Lopez = Zubac/Cousins

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks without Giannis are very similar to the version of Clippers we just played.

Jrue > Jackson

George > Middleton

Lopez = Zubac/Cousins

but what they don’t have is an amazing coach who loves to switch up his line ups and makes killer adjustments.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very good team. We will be lucky to win by game 6. Stay pessimistic people!!!

agree. If Giannis is there, I think this series is a a real solid matchup that goes 6, possibly even 7 games. I mean, we saw these two teams play each other twice this year and both came down to the very last play of the game.

wihtout him it’s 5 MAX.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Jrue > Jackson

George > Middleton

Lopez = Zubac/Cousins
Zubac is much better as a drop defender than Lopez.

The Clippers’ peripheral guys are WAY better as triple threat players on offense.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Anyone see this horrendous take from the NBA.com series preview article? No idea how this got through...

Three things to watch:

Here in his third season, Suns center Deandre Ayton enjoyed a breakout of sorts when he pieced together some solid playoff stretches where at times he was the most impactful player on the floor and even dominated some games. That’s a credit to his hard work and willingness to meet the challenge. But speaking of challenge, he played against a poor defensive center in Andre Drummond and then saw a limited one in Ivica Zubac. Basically, Ayton hasn’t really been pushed on either end. Well, that will change a bit with Brook Lopez, a clever defender with shot-blocking ability who can also shoot the 3, and Bobby Portis, who brings a motor. And if Ayton becomes a problem for the Bucks, they’ll toss in some Giannis Antetokounmpo. Let’s see how Ayton does against a higher grade of big man.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
and Ernie. Kenny is the only one who picked us. That’s fine... I think Barkley picked against us in every series. This series is no different and we’ll keep busting his ***.

BRING ON THE FU%#S!
My family is convinced that Chuck is usually wrong on these picks. Chuck knows this. So picking the other side IS a pick for the Suns to win. Chuck is using his negative mojo to help us win! At this point I do NOT want him to pick us!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ahem, he played against the NBA MVP when he played Denver, who we swept! I like how that was left out.....
Seriously. I might just be a homer here, but that omission seemed quite amateurish. I couldn't really take his writing seriously after that.

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score
If you’re basing the series on the health status of GA and CP, I’ll take the current health status of CP over Giannis.. any day

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns star Chris Paul says extra rest before NBA Finals has helped ailing right hand

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My family is convinced that Chuck is usually wrong on these picks. Chuck knows this. So picking the other side IS a pick for the Suns to win. Chuck is using his negative mojo to help us win! At this point I do NOT want him to pick us!

Normally I concur that Chuck is full of it, but he DID pick the Bucks to come out of the East when the playoffs began and was ridiculed and laughed at for that pick...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you’re basing the series on the health status of GA and CP, I’ll take the current health status of CP over Giannis.. any day

In terms of what is known versus unknown, I concur, which is why I am picking the Suns in 7.

Now if Giannis comes out and plays as though fully healthy, that might change things...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Normally I concur that Chuck is full of it, but he DID pick the Bucks to come out of the East when the playoffs began and was ridiculed and laughed at for that pick...
You can argue the Suns still make the finals if everyone in the west is at full health. There’s no chance Milwaukee gets thru Brooklyn if the Nets are healthy. Chuck picked them because he hates the super team movement.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Middleton is the only one who shows up in the 4th... Milwaukee notorious for tiring out in 4th. We shall see

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I wonder if the Bucks will get any insight into us from the bag of cash? :cool:

Craig's insight should be huge. He was there just a few months ago and attended the same training camp as this Bucks squad. Coach Bud isn't big on adjustments so I doubt much has much changed since Craig was there. They did add Tucker but Im not worried about him at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson