Bucks @ Suns Tuesday Finals game thread 7-6-2021 - Game 1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think I remember DA making G **** work for everything near the rim. no pun intended'
Yes Crowder has guarded Ganus in the past not sure how well. I remember seeing a video somewhere.
Middelton will have to guard Dbook hopefully that'll wear him out and he wont be as effective on the attack.
Giannis averaged 40 on 60% shooting against us in 2 games this season. In previous seasons I believe we’ve done a better job on him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't understand the PJ Tucker/Filiberto's stuff.....

Thread 'Our boy PJ Tucker. Zero class.'

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't understand the PJ Tucker/Filiberto's stuff.....

Thread 'Our boy PJ Tucker. Zero class.'

Yeah it was a classless post then and still rates that description but what brought this back up again? Did I miss some recent Filiberto's references?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it was a classless post then and still rates that description but what brought this back up again? Did I miss some recent Filiberto's references?

Yeah, Gator mentioned it in his prediction and Phrazbit referenced the thread specifically.

Surprised you missed both of those. Phraz post is 2 above mine and quotes the other.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously they accommodated ABC but it's not the worst Finals schedule I've seen.

As fas as a Finals schedule goes I like it. They have two relatively quick games in Phoenix to open the series and mostly spread out the other games. This should benefit the Suns who are rested.

I'm a fan of the 2-2, 1-1-1 format.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Gator mentioned it in his prediction and Phrazbit referenced the thread specifically.

Surprised you missed both of those. Phraz post is 2 above mine and quotes the other.
Yeah I think I was sleep-reading when I came across the first two posts, I didn't read your comment until just before I posted.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As fas as a Finals schedule goes I like it. They have two relatively quick games in Phoenix to open the series and mostly spread out the other games. This should benefit the Suns who are rested.

I'm a fan of the 2-2, 1-1-1 format.
I prefer the 2-3-2 because of less travel (and fewer travel days off) but lately I've wondered about other possibles. Maybe 2,2,3? It seems weird but it still protects home court advantage.

I might even buy into 2,2,2,1. It reduces the likelihood wasted travel days. Probably lets the winner celebrate on their home court more often but gives the road team a better chance to win it all if the higher seed hasn't taken care of business by then.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I prefer the 2-3-2 because of less travel (and fewer travel days off) but lately I've wondered about other possibles. Maybe 2,2,3? It seems weird but it still protects home court advantage.

I might even buy into 2,2,2,1. It reduces the likelihood wasted travel days. Probably lets the winner celebrate on their home court more often but gives the road team a better chance to win it all if the higher seed hasn't taken care of business by then.

2,2,3? So one team gets fewer home games? Not sure how you're figuring that.

Perhaps allowing the team with home court to choose their 4 games. If they want games 1,2,3, and 4? So be it. I know that could up every other game travel but if that's what they choose, they can't shouldn't complain.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I never cared for the 2-3-2 format because if the visiting team could steal a game on the road to open the series they could conceivably finish the series on their court without ever returning. This never seemed fair to me. Although it may never have worked out that way I thought it favored the team without home court advantage.

I think the 2-2-1-1-1 format is the most fair to both teams.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I literally couldn't sleep last night. Folks........ it's been a long time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2,2,3? So one team gets fewer home games? Not sure how you're figuring that.

Perhaps allowing the team with home court to choose their 4 games. If they want games 1,2,3, and 4? So be it. I know that could up every other game travel but if that's what they choose, they can't shouldn't complain.
You're right, it's a dumb idea. How about 2,4,1 where the lower seed starts out at home? It's still a dumb idea but it's a lot more entertaining as far as dumb ideas go.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I literally couldn't sleep last night. Folks........ it's been a long time.

I watched the closing game of the Clippers-Utah series and it wired me up. The same with the closing game of the Bucks-Hawks series.

Both games left me going to bed concerned about matchups.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
and Ernie. Kenny is the only one who picked us. That’s fine... I think Barkley picked against us in every series. This series is no different and we’ll keep busting his ***.

BRING ON THE FU%#S

We’ve gotten zero respect all playoffs. I don’t expect us to start getting any now. Even though we’ve been the best team in the league since we started 8-8.

People are trying to make us some Cinderella story. It’s garbage. We’re the best team in the NBA and everyone is going to know it by the end of the Finals.
Tim legler on ESPN already picked the suns on the first sportscenter after the Bucks won...and aren't the suns favored to win? I thought I saw from Caesers its the Bucks +150 and Suns -170 I wouldn't say they are getting 0 respect. I think the lakers were overrated for sure in that series, but since then the suns have been killing it and everyone knows it. Some other non Suns fans that I know are also picking the Suns to win the finals as of the last two weeks. From a neutral perspective this is a unique NBA season where you really can't root against any of the two teams in the finals. I think there are good stories on both sides, although I am fully supporting the suns. Injuries aside, hopefully these playoffs are not a one off. It gets boring watching the same players and teams play in the finals every year.

Last edited:

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think I remember DA making G **** work for everything near the rim. no pun intended'
Yes Crowder has guarded Ganus in the past not sure how well. I remember seeing a video somewhere.
Middelton will have to guard Dbook hopefully that'll wear him out and he wont be as effective on the attack.
Tucker will guard Booker. Middleton will chill on Bridges.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
538 has us at 61% favorites I think. And 70% if we win game 1. None of that matters IMO.

A hyperextended knee is (at a minimum) a 7 to 10 day injury. This makes me think Giannis makes his return in game 3. But what do I know, he injured the same knee twice in the past 18 months. That can't be good for a timely recovery.

The 26-year-old Antetokounmpo suffered a sprain in that knee earlier this season. He originally injured it on March 20 and tried to play through it. He missed two of the next seven games before finally missing six games over 11 days.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-leg-leaves-game-4-eastern-finals/7807101002/
He also injured that knee on March 6, 2020 on an awkward landing after a dunk against the Los Angeles Lakers. He was diagnosed with a minor joint capsule sprain and was expected to miss at least a few games, but the NBA season shut down on March 11 due to the global coronavirus pandemic. He returned to play once the season re-started in the “bubble” in August.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jrue Holiday on Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Bucks start Connaughton and Tucker. We should really cook them as long as they don’t rain down threes.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wonder if the national media will catch on and rev up the story-line from 100 years ago and call this the "Coin-Flip" series. Lol

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Middleton is the only one who shows up in the 4th... Milwaukee notorious for tiring out in 4th. We shall see

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Bucks start Connaughton and Tucker. We should really cook them as long as they don’t rain down threes.

Only if Giannis doesn't play. Otherwise, the Bucks start Giannis, Lopez, Tucker, Middleton and Holiday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave