Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Paul opts out and wants the monster extension you just flat out can’t give it to him. We got to pay Ayton and I can’t give Paul that kind of money after this finals performance. He has a long history of coming up short when it matters most and he’s living up to it

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both teams with 87 shot attempts for the game. Bucks made 50, Suns made 48… wow!

well if suns get same number of shots they need to win. Most nights we will get several less shots than the bucks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes he disappeared in spots tonight and looked lost. Second and third quarter Ayton and Paul were ghosts
Oh b.s. there isn’t a player On either side that didn’t disappear for spells. The offense was not the problem. That output has been good enough all playoffs long.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
even if they are better, which honestly I am skeptical of because of the declining Chris Paul, the Lakers and nets will very likely still be superior.

doubtful this group ever gets this good of a chance again.

their best shot by far is somehow winning the next two games.
Mavs, Griz, Pels, and Warriors will all improve from this season. Phoenix is a playoff contender, but it’s far fetched to
Think this team will make it back to the Finals in short order

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It hit me in the 2nd qtr that the Bucks have zero fear of the Suns. Despite going down 0-2 they’re about to back door sweep us.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree on most except the end. They got super lucky with Anthony Davis and Kawhi going down. That won't happen again. Other teams will retool. Suns probably won't sniff the Finals again for a long, long, time.
Yea, the fact that the Suns had the most beneficial playoff run & probably still won’t get a playoff ring from it is disheartening.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kawhi has had season ending injuries, knocking him out of the playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years.

Davis is always hurt.

thinking those guys will ever be the picture of health is stupid based on their history. Especially because Kawhi tore his ACL in JUNE. He ain’t gonna be even close to being Kawhi until season after next.

yeah actually I would put money on Kawhi being out especially with his ACL now

lebron will just be older and AD is always hurt like you said

Do the Nets make it through healthy Kyrie, KD and Harden? I’d say no given there history now.

going to be an interesting offseason

Lorenzo

Reaction score
this was a hell of a game and a valiant come back by the suns. that 3 that booker hit late was a hell of a shot. I thought the spacing was poor on that last play that basically allowed Holliday to walk up from behind. I don't know that booker even had an outlet other than maybe CP3... if he could even see him. no time for heads down, this is the finals. suns have to come back with a superior effort in game 6. if they do that they can win.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh b.s. there isn’t a player On either side that didn’t disappear for spells. The offense was not the problem. That output has been good enough all playoffs long.
Then we disagree. Middle of the game he was lazy getting back and a non factor for most part.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plus all the picks they want

Attachments

• 7EAEA37A-9CB7-4D19-BA66-F8589F720052.png
    7EAEA37A-9CB7-4D19-BA66-F8589F720052.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 9

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns absolutely could win next 2 games if cp3 reverted to his play from game 1. But after tonight it is not reasonable to expect that to happen.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this was a hell of a game and a valiant come back by the suns. that 3 that booker hit late was a hell of a shot. I thought the spacing was poor on that last play that basically allowed Holliday to walk up from behind. I don't know that booker even had an outlet other than maybe CP3... if he could even see him. no time for heads down, this is the finals. suns have to come back with a superior effort in game 6. if they do that they can win.

moral victories mean absolutely nothing in a 7 game series.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Suns were tearing it up. Then Monty sits Bridges and book for so long.
And doesn’t stop the bleeding with a timeout
Also let lead get stretched a couple possessions too long in 4th as well. He’s a possession or two behind with his timeouts during every Milwaukee run.