Bubble watch

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your just bitter that ASU is better in EVERY SPORT ...

:biglaugh:

I had to stop reading right there.. I starting laughing so hard then I got really embarrased for you in a split second..

Sometimes you wish you just could have hit the back space button instead of submit reply, huh?

Youd think Devil fans from such a large city with practically everything better than Tucson wouldnt have this inferiority complex.. But they do, and its well deserved appearently.. Im from that same big city called PHX and Im just as cozy as can be being a Wildcats fan..

:cats:

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

I had to stop reading right there.. I starting laughing so hard then I got really embarrased for you in a split second..

Sometimes you wish you just could have hit the back space button instead of submit reply, huh?

Youd think Devil fans from such a large city with practically everything better than Tucson wouldnt have this inferiority complex.. But they do, and its well deserved appearently.. Im from that same big city called PHX and Im just as cozy as can be being a Wildcats fan..

:cats:

embarrased? why? what part of sweep don't Rats understand? 1st its "moral victory" for football, now losing to ranked teams means more down south than head to head. Is there a movement down there to get an RPI for college football? Face it, Lute's gone. Its over. Look fwd to Stoopid represent the fine trash known as Tucson.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what part of sweep don't Rats understand?

I guess we dont dont understand the fact that the sun devils are the better team .. I mean their resume boasts 20+ years of straight tourney appearences right? Their resume boasts winning it all right? Oh, thats right.. How many PAC-10 titles do they have? I mean lets get real.. The sun devils are struggling just to get into the dance with this superior team they run out onto the floor every week when the only real competition they have played is the PAC-10.. Even with sweeping us this year I am not one bit scared of the sun devils.. And I havent heard one Wildcats fan say they were either..

That might be what I dont understand.. But hey I guess Im just being petty.. ;)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
embarrased? why? what part of sweep don't Rats understand? 1st its "moral victory" for football, now losing to ranked teams means more down south than head to head. Is there a movement down there to get an RPI for college football? Face it, Lute's gone. Its over. Look fwd to Stoopid represent the fine trash known as Tucson.

Take your trolling to the Smack Shack.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cats beat Oregon State by 40 and dropped in the RPI. When you play a bad team, your RPI drops, even if you win. If you play a team like Duke and lose, your RPI will go up. Playing a bunch of cupcakes does not benefit a team.

and so losing by 41 AND RISING... if thats the case, then I should start a college with a few friends and play Duke and North Carolina every game, lose by 50.... If I keep doing that, hell by the end of the season.. maybe my team would be in the top 10!!! :D

I understand your point about playing Oregon State... but please explain how Kentucky moves up 2 spots after lsing by 41....

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I guess we dont dont understand the fact that the sun devils are the better team .. I mean their resume boasts 20+ years of straight tourney appearences right? Their resume boasts winning it all right? Oh, thats right.. How many PAC-10 titles do they have? I mean lets get real.. The sun devils are struggling just to get into the dance with this superior team they run out onto the floor every week when the only real competition they have played is the PAC-10.. Even with sweeping us this year I am not one bit scared of the sun devils.. And I havent heard one Wildcats fan say they were either..

That might be what I dont understand.. But hey I guess Im just being petty.. ;)

Quite hypocritical of you to bash Lakers fans for bringing up past accomplishments when discussing the current state of their team. :cool:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite hypocritical of you to bash Lakers fans for bringing up past accomplishments when discussing the current state of their team. :cool:

But Im not on a lakers board or Cali sports board.. Difference.. ;)

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yesterday I shot an email at Andy Glockner of ESPN, and he wrote back last night regarding the state of the RPI, and the committee, here is what was said:

Re: A quick question regarding the RPI‏From:Andy Glockner ([email protected])Sent:Sun 3/09/08 2:07 PMTo: Ryan Walker ([email protected])

Ryan-

The RPI is terribly flawed and the committee claims it's not the gospel, but if you are a major-conference team in the RPI top 40, it's a virtual certainty you're getting in. Chicken and egg, maybe, but that's what history tells us.

Yes, ASU has a few good wins, I still think they'll get there, the fact that they have more big wins then almost all other Bubble schools is a huge help, but I don't think it's its a lock, because of the non-conference schedule. So yes, the RPI can be a joke, but the committee doesn't put as much stock in it as many would like to think.

On 3/9/08, Ryan Walker <[email protected]> wrote:
Andy-
I am a Sun Devil fan, and have found your bubble watch very intertesting to read over the season. However, there is one thing that has REALLY bothered me, and I was wondering if you can explain. Why do people put SOO much stock in the RPI? Kentucky lost by 41 points, and they actually ROSE TWO SPOTS in the RPI. Meanwhile, Arizona State wins by 13 on the road last night, and they drop 3 spots! Does the committee truly put a lot of stock into this system? Meaning becuase a team like ASU has a low RPI, but has more top-25 wins than 95% of the nation, they could be left out? 4 wins in the top-25 in impressive no matter who you are, but I am afraid because of this system which makes LESS SENSE than the BCS, may actually keep them out. PLEASE write back and explain this. Thank you for your time and I'll look forward to your response!
-Ryan Walker

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Out of 53 brackets:

Arizona is a 10 seed, on average, with 4 people leaving UA out.

ASU is an 11 seed, on average, with 13 people leaving ASU out.

Oregon is a 12 seed, on average, with 25 people leaving UO out.

If bubble spots are taken away by mid-majors, then Oregon and ASU should worry, not Arizona. If UA beats Oregon St. then they are in, IMO.

Brackets updated as of 3/11.

http://bracketproject.atspace.com/comparison.htm