Brooklyn Nets vs Philadelphia 76ers 2023 Playoff Thread

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nets coach pulled the starters with 4:27 left in the 4th, down by 16. Seemed kind of early to wave the white flag.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets will need to add a star player to take the next step but they have a nice foundation.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Final
76ers 121
Nets 101

Mikal 30pts (only 7 in the second half) 50% from deep

Cam Johnson 18pts, 4-6 from deep - Nets could've focused on getting Cam more 3 attempts imo, dude was scorching

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Cam and Mikal scored 48 of Brooklyn's 101pts, if they hadn't been in the game it would have been unwatchable

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And a butt load of picks

The Nets have been able to attract stars, so they should be able to again.

They need to figure out a way to trade Ben Simmons unless they are patient enough to wait to trade him as an expiring contract in 2024/25.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
The Nets have been able to attract stars, so they should be able to again.

They need to figure out a way to trade Ben Simmons unless they are patient enough to wait to trade him as an expiring contract in 2024/25.
Simmons is a negative asset. They would have to add some draft picks to get rid of him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next step in Mikal's development will be demanding the ball in the fourth and punishing a double team. If he can do that, he'll be one of the truly elite players in this league.
Yeah…I noticed that. When Bridges was hot, the rest of the team still seemed to be doing their own thing instead of trying to ride a hot hand. There were times Bridges was doing what he did here which was running around until someone passed him the ball verses running it through him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons is a negative asset. They would have to add some draft picks to get rid of him.

This is true, but it would be easier to move Simmons at the trade deadline when his contract expires.

If he were traded for a large and longer contract, the sell would be easier.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah…I noticed that. When Bridges was hot, the rest of the team still seemed to be doing their own thing instead of trying to ride a hot hand. There were times Bridges was doing what he did here which was running around until someone passed him the ball verses running it through him.

The Nets still need an infusion of talent but they took a nice first step this season.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Nets did much better than I thought they would. If they can get an actual point guard and a couple of backup bigs, they will be fun to watch next year. I hope they get one win at least.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Nets did much better than I thought they would. If they can get an actual point guard and a couple of backup bigs, they will be fun to watch next year. I hope they get one win at least.
Word they pretty much kept it close there until the end but Philly just kept raining threes and the ball seemed to bounce their way all game long. Nets do have some solid young talent to rebuild with and can likely barter their way into some more

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish we could have previewed THIS kind of value for Bridges because cam Johnson is the perfect fifth starter on the post trade Phoenix Suns team. No way with Brooklyn even consider trading bridges. There aren't going to be any players of Kevin Durant 's caliber available anytime soon and unless you're getting someone like that in return bridges is too damn valuable. He's on a great contract, never misses a game, and he looks like a really good second level star. He's not Pippen, but he's looking damn good.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is true, but it would be easier to move Simmons at the trade deadline when his contract expires.

If he were traded for a large and longer contract, the sell would be easier.
Simmons contract is HUGE! It would take someone with a LOT of cap space.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons contract is HUGE! It would take someone with a LOT of cap space.

There are some big contract players out there and of course players contracts can be combined to match salaries.

The Lakers were able to trade Russell Westbrook who some thought was untradeable.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There are some big contract players out there and of course players contracts can be combined to match salaries.

The Lakers were able to trade Russell Westbrook who some thought was untradeable.
Yeah, but I would argue, at this point in each of their careers, even with Westbrook declining, he's 10X the player that Simmons is. I Watched when they were playing Simmons, and he would have one or two plays in each game where you were like, WOW! Then nothing. He literally is having mental difficulties, or he is just going through the motions for a contract. He could at least be a hustle guy, right? This guy physically has arguably the most upside in the NBA. It's a shame he doesn't use it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I would argue, at this point in each of their careers, even with Westbrook declining, he's 10X the player that Simmons is. I Watched when they were playing Simmons, and he would have one or two plays in each game where you were like, WOW! Then nothing. He literally is having mental difficulties, or he is just going through the motions for a contract. He could at least be a hustle guy, right? This guy physically has arguably the most upside in the NBA. It's a shame he doesn't use it.

I was looking at contracts, not players. No doubt I'd prefer Westbrook to Simmons as a player by a mile.

Chris Paul respects the energy Westbrook brings to the court. That tells me all I need to know right there.

When Saban Lee mixed it up with Westbrook that told me a lot about his toughness.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was looking at contracts, not players. No doubt I'd prefer Westbrook to Simmons as a player by a mile.

Chris Paul respects the energy Westbrook brings to the court. That tells me all I need to know right there.

When Saban Lee mixed it up with Westbrook that told me a lot about his toughness.
He's an odd guy from a fan perspective. I read all his previous team mates love him. He surprisingly takes a lot of rookies under his wing to help get them started. He is not an extrovert, so his personality doesn't translate well to fans.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's an odd guy from a fan perspective. I read all his previous team mates love him. He surprisingly takes a lot of rookies under his wing to help get them started. He is not an extrovert, so his personality doesn't translate well to fans.

From what I can tell, Westbrook has accepted his role as a team player rather than play the role of a superstar.

Perhaps Chris Paul can relate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson