BRING ON DENVER!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
every fan base in every sport has fans like this.

Not the Suns. We get some like this that start out as Suns fans but ring jealousy soon drives them to the Laker bosom where they can feed to their heart's content.

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
The third post in the thread you linked to had predicted a sweep. Stop it

took me a second to figure out what you were talking about since the poll had 0 votes for a sweep. but let’s just say there’s a reason his account was deleted.

Still a very far cry from a majority. It doesn’t change the actual point of the discussion at all.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richard Jefferson tried throwing shade at Booker hooking the "Suns in 4" fan up and Booker responded...

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sure you'll like that @1tinsoldier

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get book’s response.

He's saying "awww" like isn't "aww, isn't that special.". That's how I read it.

The media, and some fans, seem to be ignoring the context of this altercation. The fan was having fun going back and forth with Denver fans in his section. Then the salty Nugget fans escalated everything by dumping a beer on him, while Suns fan still didn't throw a punch or try and climb up and fight. It wasn't until after dumping a beer on him and talking more trash to try and provoke him into a physical altercation that one of those Nugget fans decided to throw a total cheap shot and got owned for it. He deserved that and more but the Suns fan really kept his cool a lot longer than most people would have. Then he was applauded in Denver by Nugget fans in the area for finishing what those ****** started. So Richard Jefferson even suggesting that Booker giving the guy tickets was setting a bad precedent showed how little Jefferson knew of the whole incident to start with.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And we care what Richard Jefferson thinks WHY exactly? Because he went to college in AZ? Because he's the 49th best Basketball Analyst available? Because it took him 12 years to do what Booker did in 1.5? Fuc that guy. He's one step away from working at a Ladies Footlocker. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we care what Richard Jefferson thinks WHY exactly? Because he went to college in AZ? Because he's the 49th best Basketball Analyst available? Because it took him 12 years to do what Booker did in 1.5? Fuc that guy. He's one step away from working at a Ladies Footlocker. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Seriously!

Book isn't rewarding someone for being violent. He's rewarding a fan who stood up for himself and made one hell of a prediction while doing so

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The media, and some fans, seem to be ignoring the context of this altercation. The fan was having fun going back and forth with Denver fans in his section. Then the salty Nugget fans escalated everything by dumping a beer on him, while Suns fan still didn't throw a punch or try and climb up and fight. It wasn't until after dumping a beer on him and talking more trash to try and provoke him into a physical altercation that one of those Nugget fans decided to throw a total cheap shot and got owned for it. He deserved that and more but the Suns fan really kept his cool a lot longer than most people would have. Then he was applauded in Denver by Nugget fans in the area for finishing what those ****** started. So Richard Jefferson even suggesting that Booker giving the guy tickets was setting a bad precedent showed how little Jefferson knew of the whole incident to start with.
Thank for the recap. Though from this thread I already knew all the context.

that said, while I don’t really have a problem with the suns in 4 response, getting security would have been the more civilized and mature thing to do. And while it’s kinda funny that book showered him with gifts, I’m not entirely certain that Jefferson isn’t right.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seriously!

Book isn't rewarding someone for being violent. He's rewarding a fan who stood up for himself and made one hell of a prediction while doing so
Well he did both. His reaction was violent. There’s no arguing that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well he did both. His reaction was violent. There’s no arguing that.

Sure, after he tried letting it go. He was sucker punched and retaliated. At that point you could be putting yourself in harms way even more so by trying to slip past and get security. Do you try running away? He was also with his girlfriend so he would have had to flee with her to get security because leaving her alone with 2 hooligans who just assaulted you would be idiotic. So while it was violent by definition, it was not uncalled for and was justified.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, not very smart in the first place, to go into someone else's house and "go back and forth" even for fun, I don't think. Just asking for trouble.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm probably in the minority but I think rewarding a fan for raucous behavior sets a bad precedent. It's not hard to predict there would be a bad outcome especially on the road. Sounds like taunting was going on from both sides and then it escalated.

I doubt the Suns fan would be getting a signed Devin Booker jersey and tickets for the conference finals if someone was seriously injured or he was arrested and charged.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richard Jefferson tried throwing shade at Booker hooking the "Suns in 4" fan up and Booker responded...

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sure you'll like that @1tinsoldier
Booker should have let this go. Shouldn’t have responded. Having said that? Screw RJ. I don’t care what he thinks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker doesn’t care about Booker hate. Why do you?

Like I said, it's not a big deal either way.

But still, I don't like hearing the teams I follow or the players on them being mocked by the media or fans. Booker's name is already near the top of that target list, maybe just below Paul George and Russell Westbrook. He can do a hundred things right and few will make note of it but there's always an angry mob waiting to attack any time his words or actions provides an opportunity.

And from Booker's perspective it SHOULD matter a lot because of the possible financial implications.