BRING ON DENVER!!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Barkley picking the Nuggets is almost a guarantee we'll win. He's so bad at picking winners that I'm surprised he hasn't caught on yet and started going against.his gut. He's a gambler also so you'd think losing all the time would tip him off.
He was adamant in his pick of the Suns over the Lakers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was adamant in his pick of the Suns over the Lakers.

with a caveat “if AD isn’t healthy”. I think before the injury he picked the Lakers didn’t he? Or after Game 3 he picked the Lakers to win.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
with a caveat “if AD isn’t healthy”. I think before the injury he picked the Lakers didn’t he? Or after Game 3 he picked the Lakers to win.
I don't recall him changing it up, but you're probably right. I don't watch Inside the NBA much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't recall him changing it up, but you're probably right. I don't watch Inside the NBA much.
Really? Man, I think it is BY FAR the best studio show in any sport. Those guys are freaking hilarious and awesome together. Chemistry off the charts.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Really? Man, I think it is BY FAR the best studio show in any sport. Those guys are freaking hilarious and awesome together. Chemistry off the charts.
The only time I see them is halftime when the Suns play and that's it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They're the best sports show on tv but I preferred it before Shaq was added. It varies with him. Some nights he seems to take himself way too seriously. Barkley, Kenny, and Ernie are always great though.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're the best sports show on tv but I preferred it before Shaq was added. It varies with him. Some nights he seems to take himself way too seriously. Barkley, Kenny, and Ernie are always great though.
This is what makes it more interesting for me personally with the addition of Shaq. If he gets too butt hurt the guys are mostly relentless on him for it. Love that. Seeing big bad Shaq squirm a little is fun. He got worked pretty good the other night with his story of his sons first sentence to him before a big game. All three lit him up. Good stuff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think for non Suns/Nuggets fan, this will be a really entertaining series.

For us fans, I think it’s gonna be an emotional rollercoaster, up and down battle.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it one nuggets fan or many of them?

I haven’t seen many that predicted a sweep. Maybe I missed them all?

Nuggets message board I read with a poll. The majority was a 4 game sweep

I certainly doubt it goes that way for either team

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all due respect to other forums, ASFN is so much better and intuitive to use.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here are my interesting stories for this playoff series:

#1 Ayton versus Jokic. Disregard the limited sample size of their HTH matchups. This is just a massive advantage for Denver. If Ayton pulls his disappearing act every 3 games, the Nuggets win.

#2. Bridges versus Porter. When we traded up in the 2018 draft I was convinced it was for the much ballyhooed Porter.

Amazingly both players are great. Bridges is a prototype 3 and D in the Iggy mold and Porter's offensive game is so smooth. A better Detlef Schempf.

Philly passed on both...crazy. I bet they would love either now.

#3. Aaron Gordon. This board is rarely united but the love of Gordon here is near universal. Are we right or over estimating him?

#4. The altitude has normally been a big issue for us. That was the old run and gun Suns with limited reserves. Now we are all half court and deep bench.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Historical Series:

Suns hold a 6-3 edge in the playoffs. Yes it's been so long since we played each other (82, 83, and 89) in the playoffs, the series were best of 3 in the first round.

Regular Season the Suns hold a 98-84 edge. I honestly expected this to be much closer as bad as we have been for a decade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#3. Aaron Gordon. This board is rarely united but the love of Gordon here is near universal. Are we right or over estimating him?

Suns fans were and still are desperate for a prototypical power forward. Aaron Gordon fit the mold and was available. I think this had a lot to do with the attraction not that he wouldn't be a good fit.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns fans were and still are desperate for a prototypical power forward. Aaron Gordon fit the mold and was available. I think this had a lot to do with the attraction not that he wouldn't be a good fit.

He has been wanted here for years. U of A connection

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has been wanted here for years. U of A connection

I think him being robbed in the slam dunk contest a few times helped build the adoration he receives here. As Suns fans we're used to getting screwed, he'd fit right in.

Plus we were spoiled, and then robbed, of Amare's above the rim game. Gordon is another high flying big who attacks the rim like it owes him money. That's something Suns fans have longed for since Amare left. We even drank the Marquis Chriss kool-aid because of his potential to fill that role.

Each time we've been contenders we've had an athletic PF. Tom Chambers, Antonio McDyess (ever so briefly and a huge "what if" in franchise history), and Amare. If we could somehow add Aaron Gordon to this roster, we'd be more than contenders but actual favorites for a title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard