Bring it! No suspension for Jokic.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Thought the fine would be bigger but it's all just chicken scratch to players making the max - I'm good with no suspension - although I don't know if it would be the same for others players or in non playoff games

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am totally OK with no suspension. But I think that the Joker is on a 5-year $270 million contract. For him, isn’t $25,000 the equivalent of a nice dinner for most of us?

That is %0.046 of his annual salary.

He makes about $103/min.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All I'm saying is freaking looked Ishbia in the eye and extended his elbow into Ishbia ...the idiot knew exactly what he was doing and who it was. He's a punk. He always has this innocent oh me look. Screw him. You make contact with a fan you get suspended.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westbrook going into a season ticket lounge and cursing out and threatening a fan in front of kids resulted in no suspension, so no reason this warranted anything besides the technical.

Apples and oranges. You're view on what Russ did is skewed also. He was on his way to the locker room through the tunnel which happens to be through a bar set-up in the arena. Russ didn't do anything but respond to a fan heckling him. Whether the hecklers kids were present or not doesn't matter since they have a heckler for a parent. You can't admonish Russ for standing up for himself to a mouthy spectator simply because the guy had beer muscles with his kids in tow.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So even a day later there are people that still think he should have been suspended?

You people are total hypocrites - NONE of you would say the same thing if it was Booker or Durant that had done the same thing.

I expected something more. Jokic wasn't even ejected after the incident, and this occurred with a spectator, not a player.

Do you remember Amare and Diaw being suspended? They left the bench/court area and didn't touch anyone.

Well, Suns fan experienced it first hand with no leniency from the NBA commissioner. It likely cost them a championship.

It's not unreasonable to expect rules to be applied fairly and consistently. The fans didn't make up the rules. The NBA did.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I expected something more. Jokic wasn't even ejected after the incident, and this occurred with a spectator, not a player.

Do you remember Amare and Diaw being suspended? They left the bench/court area and didn't touch anyone.

Well, Suns fan experienced it first hand with no leniency from the NBA commissioner. It likely cost them a championship.

It's not unreasonable to expect rules to be applied fairly and consistently. The fans didn't make up the rules. The NBA did.
Ergo Ron Artest cost the Suns a championship

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Apples and oranges. Your view on what Russ did is skewed also. He was on his way to the locker room through the tunnel which happens to be through a bar set-up in the arena. Russ didn't do anything but respond to a fan heckling him. Whether the hecklers kids were present or not doesn't matter since they have a heckler for a parent. You can't admonish Russ for standing up for himself to a mouthy spectator simply because the guy had beer muscles with his kids in tow.
No, he chose to go confront the fan instead of going through the tunnel to the locker room. He had to be restrained by a Clippers assistant.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anything like this happens to a Suns player I don't want any of this dual standard stuff.

The Suns have already had their share of the short end of the stick with the Amare and Diaw suspensions.

I'm tired of Jokic getting the benefit of every ticky tack foul call while he is free to whatever he pleases.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose