Bring it! No suspension for Jokic.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I thought it would be a fine. Reading on other sites fans saying our owner should be fined for touching Jokic first, Ishbia shouldn't be allowed to attend other playoff games, etc.

I look at it differently. Ishbia didn't shove Jokic or intend him any harm. So if I come up and touch a person, they are allowed to elbow me violently in the chest? The two acts are not similar. Just because someone touches you doesn't mean you then have a free shot at injuring them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So even a day later there are people that still think he should have been suspended?

You people are total hypocrites - NONE of you would say the same thing if it was Booker or Durant that had done the same thing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So even a day later there are people that still think he should have been suspended?

You people are total hypocrites - NONE of you would say the same thing if it was Booker or Durant had done the same thing.

I think it's more some wanted the Suns to benefit from rules being followed by to the letter rather than being screwed because of the same.

I have zero doubt Stern would have suspended Jokic but never thought Silver would. I can see both sides but I'm fine with this decision, provided this is now the precedent.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

You people are total hypocrites - NONE of you would say the same thing if it was Booker or Durant that had done the same thing.
We just want it to be fair. We had key players kicked out of a playoff series. We were told rules are rules. Then later on, some guys came off the bench in a game, and Stern said there was no intent, so no suspensions. Suns in the past have seemed to have the rules enforced on us in the harshest way possible, when other teams are given some leeway.

I thought all along Jokic was just going to lose some money. I didn't want him suspended. Part of me does think, if it had been Ayton that elbowed the Denver owner, Ayton would be suspended.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don’t look at it as being hypocritical if it was DA or Book they probably get suspended for a game that’s the truth! Shoot a player just got suspended for contacting a ref for a game. But the Joker gets special treatment so no big shock. Personally he knew who it was and exactly what he was doing. Same story when he got mad and whacked Payne across the face and got all up in Books face! He’s a punk!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it would be a fine. Reading on other sites fans saying our owner should be fined for touching Jokic first, Ishbia shouldn't be allowed to attend other playoff games, etc.

I look at it differently. Ishbia didn't shove Jokic or intend him any harm. So if I come up and touch a person, they are allowed to elbow me violently in the chest? The two acts are not similar. Just because someone touches you doesn't mean you then have a free shot at injuring them.
Good grief. Ishbia did not touch him first. In fact, Ishbia only touched him because Jokic was pulling on the ball and pulling Ishbia as a result.

Anyway. This is exactly what I thought would and should happen.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Good grief. Ishbia did not touch him first. In fact, Ishbia only touched him because Jokic was pulling on the ball and pulling Ishbia as a result.

Anyway. This is exactly what I thought would and should happen.
I don't agree with it either. I find it funny how two different sides can look at the same exact thing, and describe it in polar opposite terms.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Amare and Diaw should not have been suspended. It would seem fair if Jokic was. However, that was a long time ago and two wrongs don't make a right. I think this is exactly the right response. If they want to fine Ishbia for holding onto the ball, fine.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Amare and Diaw should not have been suspended. It would seem fair if Jokic was. However, that was a long time ago and two wrongs don't make a right. I think this is exactly the right response. If they want to fine Ishbia for holding onto the ball, fine.
IDK, I was always told, you give the ball to the referees. :)

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am totally OK with no suspension. But I think that the Joker is on a 5-year $270 million contract. For him, isn’t $25,000 the equivalent of a nice dinner for most of us?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it's more some wanted the Suns to benefit from rules being followed by to the letter rather than being screwed because of the same.

I have zero doubt Stern would have suspended Jokic but never thought Silver would. I can see both sides but I'm fine with this decision, provided this is now the precedent.
If this was Booker or KD, guaranteed they would have been suspended a game.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A fine was what was warranted. Much ado about nothing IMO. The Amare/Diaw thing was how long ago? No correlation at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose