Bring back Boldin

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I was thinking about free agency and who Steve Keim might bring in and I noticed Anquan is a free agent and it got me to thinking. How cool would it be to have Fitz and Boldin together again for a Super Bowl run. Boldin is still playing well. If he would sign a reasonable deal I would love to have him back in Cardinal red one last time. He's one of my all time favorite Cardinal players.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Why would he come to a team in which he would be the #5 WR on the depth chart?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I was thinking about free agency and who Steve Keim might bring in and I noticed Anquan is a free agent and it got me to thinking. How cool would it be to have Fitz and Boldin together again for a Super Bowl run. Boldin is still playing well. If he would sign a reasonable deal I would love to have him back in Cardinal red one last time. He's one of my all time favorite Cardinal players.

He is really not playing that well anymore. Q is a big boy but those hamstrings of his seem to have lost most of their flexibility with his age, I would be shocked if he could run faster than a 4.8 in my opinion. One of the all time greats but he is not good enough to fit in our WR group now

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I doubt he wants to come back. He really doesn't fit BA's offense. That said letting him and his leadership/attitude leave set this team back for several years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No

Last position we need to spend money on is WR

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would he come to a team in which he would be the #5 WR on the depth chart?

#4 but yeah, unless we trade floyd for a pass rusher. WR is not a need, I expect us to ignore it except for resigning floyd or replacing floyd.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I loved Boldin when he was here. But WR is last position we need help.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Once apon a time m, he was my favorite cardinal. Then he hired Drew Rosenhaus.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No thanks. Not good enough anymore and maybe this is irrational on my part, but his actions after the NFCCG really annoyed me.

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
No

Last position we need to spend money on is WR

I'm talking about a one year prove it deal that Keim loves to do. Just like with CJ a couple mil later on in free agency when he finds out his days of 30 million dollar contracts is over.

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I doubt he wants to come back. He really doesn't fit BA's offense. That said letting him and his leadership/attitude leave set this team back for several years.

I agree. He brought a real attitude to the offense. He could actually intimidate the defense. Loved his play even more than Larry Centers best playing days.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Look forward, not backwards. Everyone wanted to bring back in our beloved legacy players (Wilson, some calls for dockett, Warner when stanton went down, Boldin). These guys aren't the same anymore. Why would we want to tarnish our image of them by resigning them after they have fallen apart?

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
He is really not playing that well anymore. Q is a big boy but those hamstrings of his seem to have lost most of their flexibility with his age, I would be shocked if he could run faster than a 4.8 in my opinion. One of the all time greats but he is not good enough to fit in our WR group now

I disagree that he isn't playing well. He had 789 yards in 13 games. I think he would have had a thousand if he played 16 games. Both 2013 and 2014 seasons he had over a thousand yards. Yea he's lost a step but so has Fits. Give him a good QB like Palmer and I think he can still get it done.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree that he isn't playing well. He had 789 yards in 13 games. I think he would have had a thousand if he played 16 games. Both 2013 and 2014 seasons he had over a thousand yards. Yea he's lost a step but so has Fits. Give him a good QB like Palmer and I think he can still get it done.

so, let's have TWO guys on offense who have lost a step? stop living in the past. the present is much better.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

plus he had crapernick and gabbart at QB and was on one of the worst teams in the league

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way I bring Boldin back is to clean Fitz's shoes

He is in the Ring of Dishonor

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's a dang good WR. He's got game speed and great hands. If Keim can get him for little money I'd say he's worth it for his on field work and leadership off the field and in the locker room.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, he'd end up being a malcontent because he'd hardly see the field.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it. In certain situations he'd be a #1 for us. Outside of that, he'd be #4 or 5.

But tell me who on our WR core would you want to catch a 3rd and 3 more than Boldin?

Fitz would be the only one I'd put up there with him, and I'd give Boldin the edge due to superior strength and toughness. Another blocker as well. That would give us three good blocking WR's and redundancy in case Fitz or Floyd got injured.

I think he'd accept the role. He's older. He has a ring. He's had Colin Kaepernick throwing to him the last few years. Or more accurately, not seeing him being wide open... or badly missing him.

We could definitely find a spot for a guy like him. We also have to remember two of the guys above him, or at least one, are rail thin speedsters.

Rod Graves got rid of him, not SK. I would focus on our needs first, but if he's still there after we address them, or if the guys who could fill those needs are gone. Then yes, he'd be a wise pick up.

It's about matchups and situations. Boldin can be very useful, and I think that's what people are forgetting. They are applying the usual starter base role for him. That's an error. Utilize his strengths in certain matchups and situations and he would be another weapon for us, especially in the clutch where it matters most.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
For a chance at another Super Bowl and to be a Cardinal again. I'm just saying I'd love to see him here again.

He already has his ring. Not sure that'd be his motivation to come back.

Either way, his exit was unceremonious and I highly doubt either side is motivated to make a deal to come back to AZ. Fans need to learn to disconnect. If anything, Keim is teaching you the merits of using logic as opposed to emotion to make personnel decisions.

#4 but yeah, unless we trade floyd for a pass rusher. WR is not a need, I expect us to ignore it except for resigning floyd or replacing floyd.

Arians wouldn't play Q over John Brown or JJ Nelson.

I do see the Cards drafting a possession type WR in the mid rounds. Thomas Duarte is a name to keep an eye on.