Bring back Boldin

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He already has his ring. Not sure that'd be his motivation to come back.

Either way, his exit was unceremonious and I highly doubt either side is motivated to make a deal to come back to AZ. Fans need to learn to disconnect. If anything, Keim is teaching you the merits of using logic as opposed to emotion to make personnel decisions.

Arians wouldn't play Q over John Brown or JJ Nelson.

I do see the Cards drafting a possession type WR in the mid rounds. Thomas Duarte is a name to keep an eye on.

JJ was more of a specialty back, Q could play any snap.

Again I only see value if we trade floyd.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He already has his ring. Not sure that'd be his motivation to come back.

Either way, his exit was unceremonious and I highly doubt either side is motivated to make a deal to come back to AZ. Fans need to learn to disconnect. If anything, Keim is teaching you the merits of using logic as opposed to emotion to make personnel decisions.

Arians wouldn't play Q over John Brown or JJ Nelson.

I do see the Cards drafting a possession type WR in the mid rounds. Thomas Duarte is a name to keep an eye on.

Thank you, TJ. Right on all points. This is a total nonstarter.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I disagree that he isn't playing well. He had 789 yards in 13 games. I think he would have had a thousand if he played 16 games. Both 2013 and 2014 seasons he had over a thousand yards. Yea he's lost a step but so has Fits. Give him a good QB like Palmer and I think he can still get it done.

Boldin has not lost a step, he has lost a whole stride... he is still tough, has great hands but Larry right now would smoke him even at his own age of ability

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
we would be better served to find a Boldinesque WR in the draft....we need SOMEBODY to bring attitude and toughness to our offense...we have perpetual nice guy syndrome and will continue to get punked until we learn to hit back, and sometimes hit when it is not really necessary.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we would be better served to find a Boldinesque WR in the draft....we need SOMEBODY to bring attitude and toughness to our offense...we have perpetual nice guy syndrome and will continue to get punked until we learn to hit back, and sometimes hit when it is not really necessary.

When did Fitz, a nice guy and best blocking w/o in the league, ever get punked?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
When did Fitz, a nice guy and best blocking w/o in the league, ever get punked?

you must have missed the playoffs....our entire offense got punked.... Fitz right along with everybody else

we need attitude,...on both sides of the ball.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't imagine a world or universe where Q would come back to the Cards. He felt disrespected (I don't agree with him) by the Cards and that has permanently closed the door in his opinion. Fitz got a ton of money and Q made much less and therefore he felt disrespected. Fitz is making 11 million (IIRC) and no way are we paying Q anywhere near that. He left because of the money difference so why would he come back now?

Q has a ton of pride and has earned that so I don't see him bending over for a prove it contract with the team he felt underpaid him in his prime.

Seriously, NO WAY this could EVER happen.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
The only way I bring Boldin back is to clean Fitz's shoes

He is in the Ring of Dishonor

+1 Billion.

Boldin took a job with our division foe! This guy can just keep walking.

I am a Cardinal fan, NOT a Q fan.

Our only NFC Championship: Our team celebrating! Q and his agent dumping on the whole moment as they take a camera-shot out the exit because of his ego and greed an he wanted to show his azz.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't imagine a world or universe where Q would come back to the Cards. He felt disrespected (I don't agree with him) by the Cards and that has permanently closed the door in his opinion. Fitz got a ton of money and Q made much less and, therefore, he felt disrespected. Fitz is making 11 million (IIRC) and no way are we paying Q anywhere near that. He left because of the money difference so why would he come back now?

Q has a ton of pride and has earned that so I don't see him bending over for a prove it contract with the team he felt underpaid him in his prime.

Seriously, NO WAY this could EVER happen.

And, if I remember correctly, he signed a deal in Baltimore that neighboured what the Cards were offering. Ergo, his true market value.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And, if I remember correctly, he signed a deal in Baltimore that neighboured what the Cards were offering. Ergo, his true market value.

I think it was a bit more but he probably could have gotten the same deal with the Cards if we was acting like a Cam Newton whiney baby at the time.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
+1 Billion.

Boldin took a job with our division foe! This guy can just keep walking.

I am a Cardinal fan, NOT a Q fan.

Our only NFC Championship: Our team celebrating! Q and his agent dumping on the whole moment as they take a camera-shot out the exit because of his ego and greed an he wanted to show his azz.

Boldin was traded to the 49ers after he was with Baltimore.....

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there was a guy who had his exact profile, age, production, athleticism... but he was not a former Cardinal, we'd have absolutely no interest. We shouldn't have an interest in this scenario either. Moves based on sentiment are bad moves.

OP
OP
Snakester

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it. In certain situations he'd be a #1 for us. Outside of that, he'd be #4 or 5.

But tell me who on our WR core would you want to catch a 3rd and 3 more than Boldin?

Fitz would be the only one I'd put up there with him, and I'd give Boldin the edge due to superior strength and toughness. Another blocker as well. That would give us three good blocking WR's and redundancy in case Fitz or Floyd got injured.

I think he'd accept the role. He's older. He has a ring. He's had Colin Kaepernick throwing to him the last few years. Or more accurately, not seeing him being wide open... or badly missing him.

We could definitely find a spot for a guy like him. We also have to remember two of the guys above him, or at least one, are rail thin speedsters.

Rod Graves got rid of him, not SK. I would focus on our needs first, but if he's still there after we address them, or if the guys who could fill those needs are gone. Then yes, he'd be a wise pick up.

It's about matchups and situations. Boldin can be very useful, and I think that's what people are forgetting. They are applying the usual starter base role for him. That's an error. Utilize his strengths in certain matchups and situations and he would be another weapon for us, especially in the clutch where it matters most.

Well said and I couldn't agree more.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Nah... ship has sailed. Nothing to be sentimental about if he came back, based on the way he left years ago.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
While we are at it, Dockett is a FA. What's the status on DRC, Antrell Rolle and antonion smith's contracts? Maybe we can trade for Dansby too. What's deuce litui up to? Oh let's not forget about the Cro.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard