Brian Burns for next year first round pick. Anyone?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. I don't. I really don't.

Show me one.

I will defend Keim on specific issues where this board has gone nuts and its obviously nothing to do with Keim. But I've never defended his position and have said he should go.
Doesn't defending Keim on most of his specific issues, defending his position?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just don’t get it.

I’m sure we all acknowledge how absolutely atrocious Keim is at drafting & especially first rounders.

Are you saying he’ll *finally* get it right next year?

Taking QBs out the equation, his top 10 picks like Simmons & Cooper have been busts or near bust territory.

A first got traded for Hollywood & Hollywood was looking like our best use of a 1st round non-QB pick under Keim.

Why not trade the first for Burns? I’m so lost.

(I don’t think they’ll actually trade him. I’m just speaking hypothetically.)
If ARZ is in Will Anderson territory and I believe they will especially if we lose to NO tomorrow then I wouldn't trade 1st rounder. If ARZ is drafting in teens or later by some miracle then sure deal the pick.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You’re getting flack in responses, but you’re right. I think they hit with both rush end picks this year. I want to see Sanders and Thomas develop. I think they both could be very good.
Well, we've seen a handful of snaps and a few sacks only combined so far, so I feel this is way premature. I like that they got theirs in very, very limited snaps this week, but cannot yet extrapolate that into draft hits.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't defending Keim on most of his specific issues, defending his position?

No. Defending his position is saying he's a good GM and should stay.

Arguing against someone saying "It's Keim's fault X thing happened" when it clearly isn't is just trying to be rational.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Defending his position is saying he's a good GM and should stay.

Arguing against someone saying "It's Keim's fault X thing happened" when it clearly isn't is just trying to be rational.
I'm starting to learn that you like to argue for argument's sake.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm starting to learn that you like to argue for argument's sake.

It always amuses me when people say this when it literally takes 2 to argue and you're the one that started this issue. It seems you could say the same about yourself.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It always amuses me when people say this when it literally takes 2 to argue and you're the one that started this issue. It seems you could say the same about yourself.
Except it wasn't me, it was cheese. I just agreed with it.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, we've seen a handful of snaps and a few sacks only combined so far, so I feel this is way premature. I like that they got theirs in very, very limited snaps this week, but cannot yet extrapolate that into draft hits.
In the limited football I’ve seen them play, they seem to play very good football :lol:

but yes of course they have to show sustainability and growth, for sure.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
Cardinals can take the next step with Burns in pass rushing. Gives them a young talented pass rusher. We all know they will be picking outside of top 5 and unlikely to get a premium pass rusher. Also, you know about Keim's drafting defensive guys in first round.
I wouldnt do it for a first.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
two firsts is steep

i think about the next four years -- lets say the Cards end up drafting 12-17 this year.

that first, plus another probably gets you up into the top 5 where you get a premier pass rusher under 5 years of cost control. important as Kylers cap figure consumes more and more of the cap going forward

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel its best to wait for offseason. That way we know where we're picking and maybe CAR has a change of heart.

Plus, I feel Bradley Chubb may be an option in FA. Chubb plus a draft pick (Ojulari, Anudike-Uzomah, McDonald IV) would bolster pass rush next year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
interesting. He would be a rental, as he is an unrestricted FA this offseason

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel its best to wait for offseason. That way we know where we're picking and maybe CAR has a change of heart.

Plus, I feel Bradley Chubb may be an option in FA. Chubb plus a draft pick (Ojulari, Anudike-Uzomah, McDonald IV) would bolster pass rush next year.
Bradley Chubb is the exact type of player Keim likes to target. An oft-injured player that he can rent for a year or two in the hopes he makes it big.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
There's a report quoting another team executive on the QT saying Carolina was shopping Burns for a first and second a week ago. If so, this turning down of two #1's is BS.
Schefter is a PR guy for the teams he writes about. The call is coming from inside the house.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a report quoting another team executive on the QT saying Carolina was shopping Burns for a first and second a week ago. If so, this turning down of two #1's is BS.

I agree. Although I guess it depends on where those first's were.

If they were the Eagles or the Chiefs firsts and it looks like may be in the high 20's they are a lot less valuable than top 15 picks.

The cardinals 1st and 2nd next would conceivable be worth far more than Chiefs 2023 and 2024 1st's.

I'd still argue Burns isn't worth that. I like Burns but they have had a good defense for a few years and you can't just ignore he's never had double digit sacks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree. Although I guess it depends on where those first's were.

If they were the Eagles or the Chiefs firsts and it looks like may be in the high 20's they are a lot less valuable than top 15 picks.

The cardinals 1st and 2nd next would conceivable be worth far more than Chiefs 2023 and 2024 1st's.

I'd still argue Burns isn't worth that. I like Burns but they have had a good defense for a few years and you can't just ignore he's never had double digit sacks.
Burns isn't worth multiple 1sts at this time. That kind of haul is for multi Pro Bowlers and All Pros. Burns is a run of the mill good player. Worthy of a 2nd round or 3rd round.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Burns isn't worth multiple 1sts at this time. That kind of haul is for multi Pro Bowlers and All Pros. Burns is a run of the mill good player. Worthy of a 2nd round or 3rd round.

Yeah he's more potential than certainty and the closer he gets to FA his value is only decreasing.

I'm a trade value realist and a really like Burns but I don't feel like he's worth more than a high to mid 2nd. Although I could see a challenger stretching to a late 1st.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard