Brian Burns for next year first round pick. Anyone?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Free run or not, you have to have the burst and twitch to finish. Sanders actually struggled at finishing last season, but created more pressure than almost any other player in CFB last year.

I don't see the point in being negative about a rookie looking pretty damn good in limited snaps.

The Cardinals will be doing pretty damn well if both Sanders and Thomas work out.
boom.

Its been a long time since weve drafted a rookie on D let alone 2 that can make an immediate impact. Especially in the front 7

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly.

Would I rather have Brian Burns or Myjai Sander, Cameron Thomas and Jalen Carter or Peter Skoronski? Easy decision.

I know we would still have Sander and Thomas but their development would be all but dead if we traded a top 10 pick for Burns.
The same people criticizing Keim for all of the assets and cap he has thrown at WR, would criticize him next year for using two third round picks AND trading a first for Burns.

Imagine if Thomas and Sanders become good rotational players, and then they are paired with a rapidly improving Collins and Rashard Lawrence, a resigned Zach Allen, and a stud DL like Carter from the draft. That can be a pretty good front seven, and the cost next year wouldn't be expensive.

If I'm the Cardinals, with the way Murray is playing and if it continues, I say screw throwing more assets at improving the offense, and I throw more assets at the defense. Make the defense good enough to keep the team in games.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
boom.

Its been a long time since weve drafted a rookie on D let alone 2 that can make an immediate impact. Especially in the front 7
I want to see more, but for a few weeks, Thomas was playing as well as Kennard in limited snaps. That meant it's time to move on and let the rookies play.

Reactions: PJ1

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just drafted two 3rd round rookies at Edge. Who are just starting to break through and both of which had sacks at the weekend. Any you think now would be the time to send a high first round pick for a guy that costs $16m on his 5th year option next year when we already have very little cap space next season?
I agree with your entire post until the last bit. They are projected to have 23M which is 9th, which will undoubtedly be helped by reducing D-Hop's 30M cap number for next year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with your entire post until the last bit. They are projected to have 23M which is 9th, which will undoubtedly be helped by reducing D-Hop's 30M cap number for next year.

Yes, but only 31 players signed. The only teams with less are the Chiefs and Raiders.

Its not how much but how far it has the spread. And it has to cover Watt, Allen, Hudson, Pugh, Ford, Hernandez, Beachum, Vallejo, Lee, Pater, Murphy, Mullen, Hamilton, Wesley, Dortch, Green, Vigil.

We're losing a tonne of starters or depth guys that currently play a lot of reps.

All CBs except Wilson are FA. Four of 5 O line starters. It's not pretty.

And the only guys we have coming through as possible replacements are Josh Jones (who should start now as Beachum has lost a step), Hayes and Smith.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yes, but only 31 players signed. The only teams with less are the Chiefs and Raiders.

Its not how much but how far it has the spread. And it has to cover Watt, Allen, Hudson, Pugh, Ford, Hernandez, Beachum, Vallejo, Lee, Pater, Murphy, Mullen, Hamilton, Wesley, Dortch, Green, Vigil.

We're losing a tonne of starters or depth guys that currently play a lot of reps.

And the only guys we have coming through as possible replacements are Josh Jones (who should start now as Beachum has lost a step), Hayes and Smith.
I don't think people realize we'll likely have a completely different team next year. On top of that, we'll be dealing with tons of dead cap space, which will make things even more difficult for Keim ('s hopeful replacement!).

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I’m Carolina I’m asking for a 1st/3rd and Myjai or Cam. Given their financial flexibility going forward they have no reason to move on from Burns unless they get blown away.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And yet, you’ll defend Keim to the death.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very true. Another indictment on Keim if there ever was one.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I’m Carolina I’m asking for a 1st/3rd and Myjai or Cam. Given their financial flexibility going forward they have no reason to move on from Burns unless they get blown away.
They said they don't want to trade Burns, but you never know.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd trade our first for him next year as that could very well be a top 10 pick.

Plus, I liked what I saw in Myjai Sanders 10 snaps on Sunday. He's quite similar to Burns and I think we need to give the rookies a chance after a 5 sack game.

I may think differently after the Saints game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You’re getting flack in responses, but you’re right. I think they hit with both rush end picks this year. I want to see Sanders and Thomas develop. I think they both could be very good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re getting flack in responses, but you’re right. I think they hit with both rush end picks this year. I want to see Sanders and Thomas develop. I think they both could be very good.
Sanders definitely showed burst off the edge this D desperately needs.

Reactions: PJ1

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let Sanders and Thomas play. They have flashed in limited snaps. See what they can do. I don’t trade our first round pick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His flack isn't due to how Sanders/Thomas played last game, but the situation we have been regarding the pass rush up to this point and how we got there to begin with.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sanders and Thomas at today, didn't have much opportunities but in their limited snaps they showed something to be positive about
However i would trade both of them and picks for a legit athletic freak pass rusher like Burns

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let Sanders and Thomas play. They have flashed in limited snaps. See what they can do. I don’t trade our first round pick.
I just don’t get it.

I’m sure we all acknowledge how absolutely atrocious Keim is at drafting & especially first rounders.

Are you saying he’ll *finally* get it right next year?

Taking QBs out the equation, his top 10 picks like Simmons & Cooper have been busts or near bust territory.

A first got traded for Hollywood & Hollywood was looking like our best use of a 1st round non-QB pick under Keim.

Why not trade the first for Burns? I’m so lost.

(I don’t think they’ll actually trade him. I’m just speaking hypothetically.)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine not trading for Khalil Mack because we like what Alex Okafor has shown.

This board doesn’t claim to dislike Keim as much as they say they do.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And yet, you’ll defend Keim to the death.

No. I don't. I really don't.

Show me one.

I will defend Keim on specific issues where this board has gone nuts and its obviously nothing to do with Keim. But I've never defended his position and have said he should go.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine not trading for Khalil Mack because we like what Alex Okafor has shown.

This board doesn’t claim to dislike Keim as much as they say they do.
These kids haven’t been given a chance to show what they can do. Bad analogy with Okafor.