Breaston

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
On my ride home after work ESPN announced that the Cardinals have locked up Steve Breaston. I'm surprised that I don't see a thread yet. We HAVE to ket SB. But can use a QB to get the ball to him dammit.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
On my ride home after work ESPN announced that the Cardinals have locked up Steve Breaston. I'm surprised that I don't see a thread yet. We HAVE to ket SB. But can use a QB to get the ball to him dammit.
That's cool, Breaston staying is good stuff. :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I haven't heard anything on Bick & MJ or saw anything from D Urban & those guys are pretty quick & getting things like that out. Hope so.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Searched 'steve breaston' on twitter and saw zero tweets regarding a contract and google had no new, news results on 'steve breaston contract' either so I will believe it when I see it. Obviously twitter is not a reliable source, but the fact that no one has mentioned anything about it makes it harder to believe.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
A friend of mine mentioned that Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cardinals are placing a restricted free agent tender on him. Said he saw it on ESPN Insider, which I don't have.

I've yet to see an official report on it though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
A friend of mine mentioned that Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cardinals are placing a restricted free agent tender on him. Said he saw it on ESPN Insider, which I don't have.

I've yet to see an official report on it though.

Breaston is slated for Unrestricted Free Agency. They'd have to give him the transition or franchise tag to hold on to him, which the Cards would be stupid to do.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Breaston is slated for Unrestricted Free Agency. They'd have to give him the transition or franchise tag to hold on to him, which the Cards would be stupid to do.

Until March 3rd rules are the same as last year I believe. Which means Breaston is a RFA. A lot of teams are doing the same thing. Baltimore especially who has given out a RFA tender to every single one of their RFA's I believe. Until rules say otherwise you have work as is. After March 4th who knows?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Until March 3rd rules are the same as last year I believe. Which means Breaston is a RFA. A lot of teams are doing the same thing. Baltimore especially who has given out a RFA tender to every single one of their RFA's I believe. Until rules say otherwise you have work as is. After March 4th who knows?

Ah... you're right. I thought Breaston had 5 accrued seasons in the league. Only 4.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just came across on twitter.. Dont know if it means anything.. But its from Trumaine McBride about 30 minutes ago to Breaston..

Trumaine McBride

@SBreaston15 can't hide that money! Lol

26 minutes ago via Echofon

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if Fitz will now get done by Thursday. I know Graves was quoted last week at the combine that negotiations were going pretty good and they'd like to have him extended prior to the CBA ending. We all know Graves can't do two thing at once, so now he can get Fitz signed.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
From Urban:

Wide receiver Steve Breaston confirmed an ESPN report he has been extended a tender offer, and I would assume the Cards are doing that for a handful of guys who potentially could qualify as restricted free agents. Again, it’s housekeeping in a way, since everyone is in limbo until a new CBA is reached.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

That would be an outstanding move as I think keeping Fitz is very problamatic. If Breaston were gone we would go from having the best receivers in the NFL 2 years ago to having the likely among the worst.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good deal the Cardinals are keeping Breaston for one more season.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Urban said they also tendered Gabe, so I don't know how big of a deal this is. Chances are none of these designations will mean anything with the new CBA.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urban said they also tendered Gabe, so I don't know how big of a deal this is. Chances are none of these designations will mean anything with the new CBA.

Maybe, but it makes me hopeful that they may yet try to keep Stevie B around.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wonder if Fitz will now get done by Thursday. I know Graves was quoted last week at the combine that negotiations were going pretty good and they'd like to have him extended prior to the CBA ending. We all know Graves can't do two thing at once, so now he can get Fitz signed.

There is no way Fitz will sign anything with the Cards until he sees who our QB will be. Unless we sign someone that he thinks can lead us to the playoffs he is going to be out of here. Take that to the bank.

Now we also have to worry about Breaston. If we lose both Fitz and Breaston we can add other positions to worry about. Someone suggested we sign Green with our #5 pick. That wold be admitting we are likely to lose both Breaston and Fitz and would have to waist a first round draft choice on a WR. This is totally stupid if it were to play out like this. We absolutely must keep either Fitz or Breaston or hopefully both. At the moment Green is not going to be as good as either. We know what our two guys can do but we do not know what Green can do in the NFL. Surely our operation cannot be so short sighted? Or can they?

I do not even want to think about such a possibility.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

There is no way Fitz will sign anything with the Cards until he sees who our QB will be. Unless we sign someone that he thinks can lead us to the playoffs he is going to be out of here. Take that to the bank.

Now we also have to worry about Breaston. If we lose both Fitz and Breaston we can add other positions to worry about. Someone suggested we sign Green with our #5 pick. That wold be admitting we are likely to lose both Breaston and Fitz and would have to waist a first round draft choice on a WR. This is totally stupid if it were to play out like this. We absolutely must keep either Fitz or Breaston or hopefully both. At the moment Green is not going to be as good as either. We know what our two guys can do but we do not know what Green can do in the NFL. Surely our operation cannot be so short sighted? Or can they?

I do not even want to think about such a possibility.