"Breaking News" area

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
IMO, the "Breaking News" area on the top right corner is useless. There are two things:

- The news in that section is sometimes way too old e.g. 2 weeks old "breaking news" SF beating Cards for the last 2 weeks;

- The section does not get updated quick enough when there is a real breaking news until pretty much everyone knows about it!

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
az1965 said:
IMO, the "Breaking News" area on the top right corner is useless. There are two things:

- The news in that section is sometimes way too old e.g. 2 weeks old "breaking news" SF beating Cards for the last 2 weeks;

- The section does not get updated quick enough when there is a real breaking news until pretty much everyone knows about it!

:violin:

:D

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Aaa...umm...

Cardinals beating Seahawks on this past Sunday is not really "breaking news" on Wednesday...

See? This is what I mean...

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, do you have breaking news today?

The breaking news is up there until there is new breaking news...

Mike

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Well, do you have breaking news today?

The breaking news is up there until there is new breaking news...

Mike
Maybe not...

As a suggestion: Can we have this area adjustable meaning if we really have a breaking news we can place this area on the front page highlighted and leave it up for couple of days. Otherwise hide it moving the regular news are up. Don't know how much effort will that be, just an idea.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Maybe not...

As a suggestion: Can we have this area adjustable meaning if we really have a breaking news we can place this area on the front page highlighted and leave it up for couple of days. Otherwise hide it moving the regular news are up. Don't know how much effort will that be, just an idea.
Do you lose sleep over this? Seems pretty petty, yet you are making what seems to be a huge deal out of it. Breaking news doesnt happen everytime you click on this site. Or maybe thats what you want in the breaking news section. "az1965 signs on yet again, ASFN posters are baffled". :D Thats just a joke man.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
No, but I thought this is site suggestion forum... and I thought I had a suggestion.

Maybe I made a mistake posting in this area with everyone seems to be defensive and jumping on me...

Sheeeesh!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
No, but I thought this is site suggestion forum... and I thought I had a suggestion.

Maybe I made a mistake posting in this area with everyone seems to be defensive and jumping on me...

Sheeeesh!
They're just playing with ya!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think as1965 should be put in charge of breaking news.

Breaking news: You are the only one that reads the breaking news area.

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I think as1965 should be put in charge of breaking news.

Breaking news: You are the only one that reads the breaking news area.
:biglaugh: What's so funny is that I didn't even know there WAS a breaking news section until this thread was started!!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
coupon_queen said:
:biglaugh: What's so funny is that I didn't even know there WAS a breaking news section until this thread was started!!!

No doubt...this guy needs to settle down beavis.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've kind of thought the same thing though.. I'm pretty proud of this site and how accurate it can be and I want other people who go to this site to know it... When one of the first things they see is breaking news that was posted over two weeks ago they might look elsewhere... I like the idea of only putting it up when there really is breaking news...