Breaking Bad (AMC)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Do we know that Jesse aborts? I know there was a scene in next week's preview with the house intact, but they do a lot of flashback episodes.

Yes.

They've already done a flash-forward to the house as well and it is intact. I think that is why that assumption can be made.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did it look like the house had fire damage in the flashforward at the beginning of this season? it looked like it was abandoned and messed up, but I don't recall it looking like the place had been torched.

i kinda feel like Walt Jr. walks out to find Jesse there, jesse leaves and then Walt Jr. brings this to Walt and it goes from there.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did it look like the house had fire damage in the flashforward at the beginning of this season? it looked like it was abandoned and messed up, but I don't recall it looking like the place had been torched.

i kinda feel like Walt Jr. walks out to find Jesse there, jesse leaves and then Walt Jr. brings this to Walt and it goes from there.

It did not have fire damage.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Could something maybe have happened to the lotto numbers while Jesse was in the house? If so Walt is out a ton of money.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Could something maybe have happened to the lotto numbers while Jesse was in the house? If so Walt is out a ton of money.

I think Walt could still find the stash. I thought Walt played those numbers in case he needed to tell someone else where to find the money (Skyler).

Stewie Griffin

Veteran
Reaction score
My theory for the Breaking Bad ending:

Walt fakes his death and/or uses Saul's new identity guy (Remember how in the first episode of season 5 at the Denny's he has a different ID and the waitress calls him by a different last name?) and leaves town. The Lydia & Todd gang still can't produce high quality meth and come looking for Walt, who has already disappeared, and they're the ones who vandalize the house. At some point over the next two episodes one of Walt's family members is murdered - my guess is Skyler.

Walt comes back looking for revenge - thus the gun in the trunk at the beginning of season 5 episode 1. Walt ultimately wants to make things right, so he takes the ricin he finds in the house in episode 9, engages the Lydia/Todd gang in one last shootout (ala the Scarface reference earlier in the series) and if he survives, surrenders to Hank. Knowing he has already taken the ricin and doesn't have long to live, Walt dies in custody (remember the "you'll have nobody to prosecute" line).

Meanwhile during this time, Jesse has been granted immunity for his cooperation and is sent on his merry way to Alaska. Lastly, someone is able to piece together where the buried money is (Saul?) and leaves it in a trust for Walter Jr. and Holly.

So ultimately at the end of the series you get:
1) Walt is redeemed by killing/breaking up the meth operation of Lydia
2) Walt's kids get the money to live on for after he dies - his original intention from the pilot episode of the series
3) Hank is a hero for catching Heisenberg
4) Jesse gets his happy ending by getting immunity and witness protection to Alaska like he wanted.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't read a damn thing on this thread, am only through the 5th episode in season 2 but MAN is this show great. The opening two episodes of season two are some of the best TV I've ever seen.

WOOOO....though all the episodes on Netflix, so ready to catch up to live. Got what, 5 on the DVR now? Hopefully we will be fully caught up in time for the finale.

Go Hank!!! Kill Walter! Or Jesse. Honestly, I'm torn on who I want to take Walt down. Hank is the only character with a semblance of a moral compass and Jesse is one of the best TV show characters of all time, bitch.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friend: "Breaking Bad is really about father/son dynamic and the disappointment of discovering your father is human."

Me: "Is that what I sound like on ASFN? Man, I must come off like such a smarmy douche."

The new Me on ASFN: "This show rocks! There's absolutely no subcontextual analysis to offer, because this show really is just about a cancer-ridden chemistry teacher who decided to befriend his old pothead deadbeat student in hopes of turning him into his meth-dealing partner."

Me, right now, in my head: "But it really is about the father/son dynamic! The Greeks could have written it!"

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
My theory for the Breaking Bad ending:

Walt fakes his death and/or uses Saul's new identity guy (Remember how in the first episode of season 5 at the Denny's he has a different ID and the waitress calls him by a different last name?) and leaves town. The Lydia & Todd gang still can't produce high quality meth and come looking for Walt, who has already disappeared, and they're the ones who vandalize the house. At some point over the next two episodes one of Walt's family members is murdered - my guess is Skyler. Walt comes back looking for revenge - thus the gun in the trunk at the beginning of season 5 episode 1. Walt ultimately wants to make things right, so he takes the ricin he finds in the house in episode 9, engages the Lydia/Todd gang in one last shootout (ala the Scarface reference earlier in the series) and if he survives, surrenders to Hank. Knowing he has already taken the ricin and doesn't have long to live, Walt dies in custody (remember the "you'll have nobody to prosecute" line). Meanwhile during this time, Jesse has been granted immunity for his cooperation and is sent on his merry way to Alaska. Lastly, someone is able to piece together where the buried money is (Saul?) and leaves it in a trust for Walter Jr. and Holly. So ultimately at the end of the series you get: 1) Walt is redeemed by killing/breaking up the meth operation of Lydia 2) Walt's kids get the money to live on for after he dies - his original intention from the pilot episode of the series 3) Hank is a hero for catching Heisenberg 4) Jesse gets his happy ending by getting immunity and witness protection to Alaska like he wanted.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? LINE BREAKS.

;)

But, it seems pretty plausible. Maybe a little too "easy" and perfect though.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Thoughts? LINE BREAKS.

;)

But, it seems pretty plausible. Maybe a little too "easy" and perfect though.

Wow, and I thought I was harsh with whimsical criticism. LOL

Stewie's storyline is pretty plausible, except for one portion...

The Lydia & Todd gang still can't produce high quality meth and come looking for Walt, who has already disappeared, and they're the ones who vandalize the house.

I don't believe that any one particular person vandalizes the house, per se. The scenes with the future home all gutted and ratted out are very reminiscent, to me, of what happens to unattended vacant homes.

I've seen many homes look like this after sitting for an extended period of time empty, especially after they've been fenced off. That type damage is always from squatters that turn the home into a drug den. It's almost like the fencing-off creates a situation where the druggies feel safer, and the neighborhood residents typically let it slide (for the most part) figuring that the cops will deal with it at some point, but they rarely do.

What it conjures up in my mind is that, at this point, the Whites are done living there. It will remain vacant and unlived in for the remainder of the show. I foresee the DEA (or APD) seizing it in an upcoming episode to conduct an investigation into the Whites, and then leave the home empty.

The implication of the condition of the house, when Walt's future self goes there, is that it's been empty long enough to have been gutted out by drug users looking for some shelter to shoot up in, hang out, and so forth.

Symbolically, IMHO, it demonstrates the final failure of Walt to keep the tangible, first-person, evils of the drug world from destroying his home, and ultimately, his family.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

I don't believe that any one particular person vandalizes the house, per se. The scenes with the future home all gutted and ratted out are very reminiscent, to me, of what happens to unattended vacant homes.

I've seen many homes look like this after sitting for an extended period of time empty, especially after they've been fenced off. That type damage is always from squatters that turn the home into a drug den. It's almost like the fencing-off creates a situation where the druggies feel safer, and the neighborhood residents typically let it slide (for the most part) figuring that the cops will deal with it at some point, but they rarely do.

What it conjures up in my mind is that, at this point, the Whites are done living there. It will remain vacant and unlived in for the remainder of the show. I foresee the DEA (or APD) seizing it in an upcoming episode to conduct an investigation into the Whites, and then leave the home empty.

The implication of the condition of the house, when Walt's future self goes there, is that it's been empty long enough to have been gutted out by drug users looking for some shelter to shoot up in, hang out, and so forth.

Symbolically, IMHO, it demonstrates the final failure of Walt to keep the tangible, first-person, evils of the drug world from destroying his home, and ultimately, his family.

I agree. Heisenberg's home would be like Mecca for meth heads. They probably took a blue sky pilgrimage to his house when they learned who he really was. Then they stayed there.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I have to agree with you. This show is full of symbolism and this is just another aspect of it. However...

Walt returning will be some kind of retribution. I agree with an assessment that Walt hired Saul's new I.D. guy hence his New Hampshire DL and new name. But now he's coming back to either wipe out Lydia and company. You don't use an uber gun like the one in his trunk to take out 1 person. Then I think he makes Hank a hero and clears Hank's name(I have a feeling that Jesse is going to get killed and Hank is going to be fired because of it). I also see Walt giving Hank the coordinates of the money ans asks it go to Jr. and Holly. Walt is then going die quietly in prison. Far fetched, yes but I think in the end, Skylar is going to be dead, Jesse, dead, Hank, redeemed, Walt, somewhat redeemed and eventually dead.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friend: "Breaking Bad is really about father/son dynamic and the disappointment of discovering your father is human."

Me: "Is that what I sound like on ASFN? Man, I must come off like such a smarmy douche."

The new Me on ASFN: "This show rocks! There's absolutely no subcontextual analysis to offer, because this show really is just about a cancer-ridden chemistry teacher who decided to befriend his old pothead deadbeat student in hopes of turning him into his meth-dealing partner."

Me, right now, in my head: "But it really is about the father/son dynamic! The Greeks could have written it!"

Take it easy, bro. No one said anything about 'smarmy'.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cant see Walt using the ricin on himself, if he goes out via suicide I dont see it being portrayed nobly. It would be too much of a departure from his character for him to wipe out the bad guys, be the hero, then kill himself, he'd want some praise and recognition first. IMO the ricin is for Lydia. The gun is for Todd and his biker gang but Lydia would be no where near that shootout. Walt arranges for one of Lydia's awkward coffee shop meets and slips her the ricin, just like he almost did last year.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant see Walt using the ricin on himself, if he goes out via suicide I dont see it being portrayed nobly. It would be too much of a departure from his character for him to wipe out the bad guys, be the hero, then kill himself, he'd want some praise and recognition first. IMO the ricin is for Lydia. The gun is for Todd and his biker gang but Lydia would be no where near that shootout. Walt arranges for one of Lydia's awkward coffee shop meets and slips her the ricin, just like he almost did last year.

Yeah. There are so many ways for BB to end in a disappointing way, but they've come this far without missing a note. It seems unlikely they would blow the ending.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson