Breaking Bad (AMC)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you.

However, I'm just hoping that you aren't referring to his final conversation with Skyler.

He knew the cops were listening. He was giving Skyler a way out. Implying that whatever Skyler did or didn't do for Walt at this point was because Walt threatened her.

He made sure that the kids at least won't lose their mom.

No, it was dropping the Jane news on Jesse, even though I knew that was coming and had to come. But still, he's effing ruthless.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
No, it was dropping the Jane news on Jesse, even though I knew that was coming and had to come. But still, he's effing ruthless.

That was in retaliation to Jesse working with Hank which screwed everything up and resulted in Hank's death.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One thing I was disappointed in last night

even though i am not on the hate Skyler bandwagon, it was have been a perfect ending to see Walter accidentally stab and kill her during their fight. Other than Hank's death, Walter has been relatively unscathed in regards to personal loss so far, unlike Jesse

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were Skyler and Walt wearing the same color clothes during the phone conversation? It means something, if so they are on the same page.

What the Colors of the Clothes on Breaking Bad Tell You About the Characters and Story
posted by Nell Minow

PrintI love stories like this wonderful analysis by John LaRue about the way the costume designers on “Breaking Bad” use the colors of the characters’ clothes to tell you what is going on.

There are a lot of patterns that emerge, so much so that each character has an identifying color.

After Walt’s cancer diagnosis, his colors become stronger, and eventually go black. When the cancer returns or when he’s defeated, the drab khaki returns. The closer he gets to Gus, and the stronger his ties to blue meth, the more blue shows up in his barcode.

Skyler starts out blue, but turns dark once she starts to figure out Walt’s secret. Her timeline turns deep blue, almost purple, as her flirtation with Ted grows, and then it turns green once she discovers Walt’s stash of money. The more complicit she becomes in Walt’s criminal activity, the blacker her timeline gets to the point that it’s pitch black in season 4.

Fascinating!

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/moviemom/...t-the-characters-and-story.html#ixzz2f4J02mtF

Walt is so over the top and seemingly out of control, contrary to his genius, and when he finally utters the line " “I’ve still got things left to do.” , that would seem to be Walt's way to exonerate Skyler and let her know he will take care of the family.

2 episodes left and a few more twists. I heart Walt.

BTW, never heard Walt Jr. referred to as Flynn.

ASAC Schrader!

One of the best lines of the episode.

Todd - "Sorry for your loss".

"Ozymandias" Poem
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was in retaliation to Jesse working with Hank which screwed everything up and resulted in Hank's death.

Of course. Doesn't stop it from being ice cold. He already gave him over to Todd's uncle in telling them he was under the car. He already knew he was going to be tortured by ToddLandry. That was just nasty on top. Nasty, and necessary (I want Jesse to be the one to take Walt out).

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would have to think Jesse needs to make one helluva batch before he gets that kind of leverage with Uncle Jack.

When Lydia comes back and sees the stuff Jesse is producing and the money comes in again I think the power will flip to Jesse instead of Walt. Lydia will protect Jesse because he's the next best thing to Heisenberg. The tables have turned for Walt.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
My prediction for next week: Walt beats his cancer and Uncle Jack goes after his family.[/QUO

My guess below:

The Nazis hit Walt where it hurts, his money. He will want revenge, but with the fallout from this episode, he has to run. Maybe he makes a new life for himself for a time. Then he runs across some blue meth and realizes that the Nazis didn't finish Jesse off after all.

His cancer is back and terminal. He's stopped chemo, which is why his hair has grown back. Having already saved Skyler with his phone rant, Walt doesn't need to do anything else redeeming. He decides to go after Jesse and the Nazis out of good old-fashioned revenge.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

Agree on all points.

BTW, anyone else notice this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Walt's pants that he lost in the pilot.

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I apologize it someone already posted this, but I have not seen it on here yet, but

"Vince Gilligan, creator of Breaking Bad, told the TV Fanatic website before the premiere of Sunday’s “Ozymandias” that it was “the best episode we ever had or ever will have.”

It's hard to argue that point, but I can't wait to see what's in store in the following episodes. Here's the link to the article that referenced the interview:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/greatest-breaking-bad-episode-ever-629634

And here's the full interview with Gilligan. Both are awesome reads.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/09/breaking-bad-exclusive-vince-gilligan-teases-heart-attack-conclu/

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozymandias

Ozymandias

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

From wiki:
Analysis
The central theme of "Ozymandias" is the inevitable decline of all leaders, and of the empires they build, however mighty in their own time.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree on all points.

BTW, anyone else notice this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Walt's pants that he lost in the pilot.

Notice what?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Todd is such a p***y. He won't do the dirty work but instead just acts like a p***y to get what he wants. Even seeing his face just makes me want to punch him.

And damn, I wish Walt contacted Skylar as soon as he could have and then told her to go pack and everything before Marie got there.

So many questions for Walt when he's trying to get them to leave with $11 MILLION. He even said he will answer it later.

And what was the point of taking Holly and then dropping her off at a fire truck station?'

Favorite quote:

"Your the smartest man I know and yet you couldn't figure this out? He decided my fate 10 minutes ago"

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
And what was the point of taking Holly and then dropping her off at a fire truck station?'

It got the cops to the house and set it up so that he could make the phone call to exonerate Skyler.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My prediction for next week: Walt beats his cancer and Uncle Jack goes after his family.[/QUO

My guess below:

The Nazis hit Walt where it hurts, his money. He will want revenge, but with the fallout from this episode, he has to run. Maybe he makes a new life for himself for a time. Then he runs across some blue meth and realizes that the Nazis didn't finish Jesse off after all.

His cancer is back and terminal. He's stopped chemo, which is why his hair has grown back. Having already saved Skyler with his phone rant, Walt doesn't need to do anything else redeeming. He decides to go after Jesse and the Nazis out of good old-fashioned revenge.
Not to nitpick but Walt's baldness is due to his shaving his head, not the chemo.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It got the cops to the house and set it up so that he could make the phone call to exonerate Skyler.

The cops would have arrived at the house regardless because Flynn had already made the call.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The cops would have arrived at the house regardless because Flynn had already made the call.

But they wouldn't stick around and wait for a phone call. They would of taken a report and left.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call me nuts. But that phone call in no way exonerates Skyler from anything.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
He took her in the heat of the moment because she was the only family he had left at that point. His wife and son had just turned on him. Only after the bathroom scene where she starts crying for her mother does he realize that he can't keep her and he comes up with the phone call idea to get Skyler off the hook.