Breaking Bad (AMC)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was kind of weird how Flynn turned on Walt so fast. At first Flynn is listening to Walt, completely dismisses the drug story that Skylar told him and then Flynn even almost obeyed Walt to go pack.

Then Flynn sees Skylar use the knife on Walt and then Walt tries to get the knife away from Skylar and all of a sudden Flynn gets protective of his mom and threatens Walt?

It made sense to me. He worshiped his dad. He had to see it and hear it from the horse's mouth to believe it, but the kid is the moral core of the show. He eventually got it. Even told his mom straight up, "You're a liar." No hesitation. If you ever want a cue whom to root for, follow Flynn's lead.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Flynn had just listened to Walt talk about Hank being dead...pretty much at his hands. I think when he heard it from the horses mouth, he showed himself to really be the only incorruptable person in the entire show. the innocent who probably gets the hurt the most through all of this.

He only heard about Hank's death from Walt AFTER all that right? I may be mistaken though, I forget some of the exact scenes.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He only heard about Hank's death from Walt AFTER all that right? I may be mistaken though, I forget some of the exact scenes.

nope. Walt "explained" Hank's death away to Skyler, in front of Flynn and before Skyler ever got the knife.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tonight's episode was good, not as good as last week's but still good. The way the writers torture Jesse, especially in these last two episodes is heartbreaking.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slow setup for next week's blowout finale.

Still an excellent episode though.

I wish we'd have gotten a bit more on the backstory with Gretchen, Walt and that doucheface she's married to.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is shaping up to be an a series that doesn't end well. No happy ending. The only one left will be Saul and Jesse and Jesse will be in prison.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things left to do.

Gretchen & Elliott
Uncle Jack
Lydia
Todd
Pick up Saul in Nebraska on his way back.

Trivia

"Felina" is an anagram for "finale", and is also the feminine version of the word "feline" in Spanish.
The word "Felina" can be made from these three chemical element symbols: Fe (Iron), Li (Lithium) and Na (Sodium).
Coincidentally the episode number,if looked up on the periodic table is Samarium. It is the main element in the drug Quadrament, which is commonly used to kill cancer cells especially lung cancer.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I wish we'd have gotten a bit more on the backstory with Gretchen, Walt and that doucheface she's married to.

You don't need to. Walt explains it all (and why he went from giving up to being motivated after watching them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslPaayoB30

Pay attention to what he's holding in the last shot of the above scene, and think back to last night's last shot (no pun intended).

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I watched the final scene of Ozymandias last night. The shot of the chess pieces. The white King (Walt) is badly positioned. There are two pawns close to the white king (Badger and Skinny Pete?) and a white knight (Jesse) stuck out in no man's land close to the six black pieces (Uncle Jack's crew). Could Walt be so desperate to get revenge he enlists Skinny Pete and Badger's help to kill the Nazi's by telling them that they killed Jesse? Food for thought. He has no one left to help him.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I just imagined the worst possible ending for Walt. Somehow, Walt takes out most of the Nazi's in a firefight, but in it, Jesse dies, Todd lives and Todd makes Walt his slave cooking meth until he dies. Basically, Walt suffers most at the hands of his own creation. A bit of a Frankenstein story.

Will that happen, probably not, but there has been such a HUGE emphasis put on Todd in these last eight episodes, that it feels like he might end up the victor when all is said and done.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I think I just imagined the worst possible ending for Walt. Somehow, Walt takes out most of the Nazi's in a firefight, but in it, Jesse dies, Todd lives and Todd makes Walt his slave cooking meth until he dies. Basically, Walt suffers most at the hands of his own creation. A bit of a Frankenstein story.

Will that happen, probably not, but there has been such a HUGE emphasis put on Todd in these last eight episodes, that it feels like he might end up the victor when all is said and done.

Todd is such a great villain. I love what they've done with him. When this season started, I thought Walt didn't have a worthy foe for a final showdown. They've done a great job at elevating Todd and Company in the last 3 episodes to a respectable threat level.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't need to. Walt explains it all (and why he went from giving up to being motivated after watching them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslPaayoB30

Pay attention to what he's holding in the last shot of the above scene, and think back to last night's last shot (no pun intended).

That's not what I mean. I mean what happened between him and Gretchen and the doucheface husband. CLEARLY it was personal, and that Walt "gave up" on Gretchen. Season one or two or whatever, they were close and flirting with each other, and there is a clear emotional/former relationship type tension between the two of them. Even in the Empire Business scene you link, he alludes to this:

walter white said:
...and then uh...well, uh...something happened between the three of us. I'm not going to go into detail, but...for...personal reasons, I decided to leave the company.

That right there is something I wanted explored. I think it's obvious there was a love triangle going on somehow, that led to the split. I would love some more behind that. It's been lightly touched on all over the place in the show, and it's a deep, deep, deep motivational driver. I'm guessing it was something Walt did (married to Skylar at the time) and created emotional tension between the three (or just her and walt, and he had to leave rather than be around her). It's not just the $$$ he left that drives him, it's that emotional tangle that was never unraveled. It was an abrubt break, because remember when he moved into the house with Skylar in the flashback scene, he was cocky as hell and fully rolling with the company and his future.

That changed dramatically, and he never left that house. From the beginning, he acted in ways that caused massive consequences that led all the way here, and I think all the way back to that timeframe. The ricin might be for them.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FNL fans:

Was it kind of weird to see Landry off Epic so callously? What did she ever do to him in Dillon, anyway?

(just finished up the final season of FNL, so with both of them appearing within a few episodes of each other I had to laugh.)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FNL fans:

Was it kind of weird to see Landry off Epic so callously? What did she ever do to him in Dillon, anyway?

(just finished up the final season of FNL, so with both of them appearing within a few episodes of each other I had to laugh.)

Epyck :cool:

BIM

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
God I hate Todd. He's such a girl and he doesn't have the balls to do anything without his uncle backing him up.

Why the hell did poor Andrea have to die? And now the kid is all by himself.....

I hope Todd gets executed (head chopped off)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
God I hate Todd. He's such a girl and he doesn't have the balls to do anything without his uncle backing him up.

Why the hell did poor Andrea have to die? And now the kid is all by himself.....

I hope Todd gets executed (head chopped off)

Didn't you just love his proud little smile when Uncle Jack and the gang were watching Jesse on tape talk about his killing of the kid on the bike after the train heist?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Todd is going to be the only one left and the one who carries Walt's legacy of blue meth forward I bet.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Todd is trying to get at Lydia but she doesn't feel nearly the same way back.