Bradley given 4 year extension

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Idiots! They have no concept on how soccer should be done in the US. This isn't like the American sports--we can't dictate the sport like we do everything else.

Another 4 years of Bradley is another 4 years of mediocrity.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just checking our rankings during Bradley's tenure starting in December 2006 when he was hired:

12/06 - #31
12/07 - #19 - BIG JUMP
12/08 - #22
12/09 - #14
7/10 - #13
8/10 - #18 - Fell 5 places in a single month

He did do some good, but we are likely not going to get much higher than 18 going forward.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At least you have a scapegoat for the Mexico domination that will continue in the next decade or so.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Un-be-lievable. Bring on the mediocre. Find me one person happy with this.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am really disappointed still. Sigh. I think going with the same coach in consecutive cycles leads to roster stagnation, he played a lot of new guys in the last cycle but now he has guys he is comfortable with and he will sink or swim with them (Bornstein & Findley to name 2)--it is sort of like Arena from 2002 - 2006, he stuck with guys too long out of comfort & loyalty and it cost us.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Sickening.....

I am very disappointed with this news.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am totally out.

My new favorite team:

Whoever is playing the USMNST.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And U.S. Soccer is set back, at minimum, four years. I can almost guarantee the reason that frickin' moron Gulati made this move, and it is the exact reason why we're never going to improve. Klinsmann probably walked in and told them that U.S. Soccer needs an overhaul from top to bottom, because the American approach to sports won't get it done. And then Gulati scurried right back to Bradley. I swear, the world must have collectively hired Gulati to make sure the U.S. never achieves the pinnacle of soccer.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not a greta move of course but lets not get carried away.

Mulli - I couldn't care less if Mickey Mouse was the manager. You support the team no matter what.

Shzm - Decade of domination? Much like the last decade?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My email to Gulati

The only people that are happy about the Bradley extension are Aston Villa fans. Wake us up in four years so we know when we might have a shot at being an above average team on the international scene.

This should cost you your job sir.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a greta move of course but lets not get carried away.

Mulli - I couldn't care less if Mickey Mouse was the manager. You support the team no matter what.

Shzm - Decade of domination? Much like the last decade?

Probably so. I always say that about the US team. When the games are on, I still support the team. :) Just not the idiot inept coach we ALWAYS have.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we can wager his son will get more PT.

:D

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I guess we can wager his son will get more PT.

:D

How is that possible? he already starts and plays a full 90 every game. :D

Honestly though Bradley is a good player and important to the team. He needs to improve but he'd start no matter who the coach is.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Word is Klinsman had a contract sitting in front of him but he demanded 100% control over the hiring of the Techincal Staff and US Soccer said no and we were stuck with Bradley again.

Pisses me off.

OP
OP
cardfaninfl

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Word is Klinsman had a contract sitting in front of him but he demanded 100% control over the hiring of the Techincal Staff and US Soccer said no and we were stuck with Bradley again.

Pisses me off.

A large degree of Klinsmann's success as a manager is his ability to find a talented staff (notably Joachim Low) and allow them to do their job. I understand the Federation's reluctance to permit Klinsmann the power to completely overhaul the entire US program. (I don't agree... but understand) However, not allowing any team manager the authority to hire his own staff is rediculous.

If the deal-breaker was something this silly... "pitiful" is the only word that comes to mind.