Bradley Beal will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks.11/17/23

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Feels like this will be the exact opposite of Chris Paul. Paul plays early in the year but is either injured or barely plays at all at the end of the season. If that is the trend, then I'll take it. If Beal is 100% at the end of the year, we'll be in much better shape.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was hopeful that his massive amount of time missed the last few years had a lot to do with the Wiz tanking.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Beal only goes full speed - body be damned

Noticed that when he returned from the back thing - twisting and contorting in the air - creating contact time and time again - no thought about the landings at all which is awesome - when you're not returning from a back problem

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whyyyyyyyy cant az teams get lucky in no inj with big player trades....

Hoping suns stay strong in poff race till beal ret and healthy

Ugh on inj :(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This definitely has shades of Backcourt 2000.

Can’t believe they put Beal back in there during the second half after he had a back tweak in his second game back.

If you’re out for a while because of a back injury like he was, you don’t PUSH the injury two nights later after the player tweaks it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Can’t believe they put Beal back in there during the second half after he had a back tweak in his second game back.

If you’re out for a while because of a back injury like he was, you don’t PUSH the injury two nights later after the player tweaks it.
Exactly - ain't no "walk it off" situation

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what? Those guys are expiring.

And? Paul could only fetch Jordan Poole because the Warriors were desperate to shed his salary and now he's showboating when getting blown out by 30. He's an absolute negative on possibly the worst contract in the league. Shamet is definitely a negative as well. So even though Beal is giving us nothing at the moment, we have Goodwin who has provided more than Shamet did in 2 years here. What exactly are we missing out on? Chris Paul? The guy who can't score and hasn't been effective or efficient for Golden State? Oh is it our 2nd round picks that weren't likely to make the roster? You make that trade 10 out of 10 times, even if Beal misses the first 8 weeks of the season. At worst, it's a push.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
By the time he gets back _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ will probably be _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
It's frustrating, and to a certain extent, what we all should have expected given the previous injury history. That being said, I actually prefer this than the constant day-in day-out will he or won't he that's been happening. Take the time to get him right, then hope like hell everybody stays healthy to build some chemistry for the stretch run.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's frustrating, and to a certain extent, what we all should have expected given the previous injury history. That being said, I actually prefer this than the constant day-in day-out will he or won't he that's been happening. Take the time to get him right, then hope like hell everybody stays healthy to build some chemistry for the stretch run.
Agreed. I’m never hopeful of players with back injuries, but if it’s gonna be treated, treat it right. This in and out of the lineup stuff doesn’t cut it with the recovery needed for this kind of stuff.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who has gone through back issues it's not fun. You can wake up fine one day feeling great then sleep wrong and your back is out. They didn't say it was caused by contact or anything so this sure sounds structural now. I bet they are hoping to rehab/build strength to stabilizes his back. If they can't stabilize him this season and it keeps reoccurring, I won't be shocked to hear surgery in the offseason.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah when he took the hard fall and appeared to land on his back my first thought was he was done for a bit. Was shocked he kept playing honestly…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn