Bosa, help me out

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I can see what he does well on his highlighted plays and then he has his brother's lineage but there are things which simply do not add up to me about him being the best player in this draft. He had good numbers when he played a full season in 2017 but even then those numbers where not great compared to a bunch of other guys in this highly touted draft class... why are people calling him the slamdunk prospect when I see a good player with the entitled 'given' of potential to be great

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because his name sounds cool and his brother was a top pick.

Haha..I kid. He does look the part though.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Because his name sounds cool and his brother was a top pick.

Haha..I kid. He does look the part though.

That's what I come back to. I am not saying the guy isn't good but the Bosa everyone is hyping would be better off if he had Montez Sweat, Josh Allen or Clelin Ferrell's numbers... this is not just sacks and loss of yards but the most important number which is simply the amount of tackles

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
It's like this. I can view Bosa and see a possible comparison to his brother and how he will turn out which is no bust by a long shot but I see a guy like Josh Allen and see a Dwight Freeney type. Personally, I would rather have a Freeney than a Bosa. I hear people say that one game, Georgia or whatever, a TE kept Allen in place but then I go, maybe we should keep an eye on that TE who was able to hold him in check lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I can see what he does well on his highlighted plays and then he has his brother's lineage but there are things which simply do not add up to me about him being the best player in this draft. He had good numbers when he played a full season in 2017 but even then those numbers where not great compared to a bunch of other guys in this highly touted draft class... why are people calling him the slamdunk prospect when I see a good player with the entitled 'given' of potential to be great

He played really low snaps.

Larry Johnson Sr. rotates his D Line frequently, even with elite guys. But IMO that's another ?. How would he hold up with more snaps, especially considering his injury history.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
He played really low snaps.

Larry Johnson Sr. rotates his D Line frequently, even with elite guys. But IMO that's another ?. How would he hold up with more snaps, especially considering his injury history.

I saw Mitch's mock on the "Revenge Of The Birds" site and at number two he had the Niner's selecting Brian Burns, the DE out of Florida St.. Now, at first I laughed my ass off because it appears the Niners covet Bosa but I think it's more than likely that Bosa is not the best pass rusher in this draft, though it might not be Burns. This draft is saturated with so much defensive talent upfront, and I see Bosa as part of that talent but hardly the defining apex... not a guy anyone would have to move up for considering what's there

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw Mitch's mock on the "Revenge Of The Birds" site and at number two he had the Niner's selecting Brian Burns, the DE out of Florida St.. Now, at first I laughed my ass off because it appears the Niners covet Bosa but I think it's more than likely that Bosa is not the best pass rusher in this draft, though it might not be Burns. This draft is saturated with so much defensive talent upfront, and I see Bosa as part of that talent but hardly the defining apex... not a guy anyone would have to move up for considering what's there
Another reason why I don't think they go d line in round one is because of Keims own admission that this d line is loaded this year. I get a sense they feel that they can get a couple Bosa/Williams comparables in the later rounds instead. Just my gut feeling

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score
Bosa played on a loaded defensive line and rotated with a bunch of future NFL players during his Freshman & Sophomore seasons.

Just at DE, Bosa played with:
- Tyquan Lewis (2018 2nd Round Pick)
- Sam Hubbard (2018 3rd Round Pick)
- Jalyn Holmes (2018 4th Round Pick)
- Chase Young (projected 2020 Top 10 Pick)

Bosa didn't get nearly as many snaps, to no fault of his own. Looking at Bosa snap-by-snap, he was the absolute best pass rusher in the country, despite barely making it through a quarter of his Junior season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Bosa has good technique,work ethic,motor ,good pass rush skills and very good run defense.He was voted DLineman of the years as a Soph in the Big 10.Very good play strength.Every analyst loves his skills and he is still ranked as top prospect by most views.His game projects well to the NFL.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I prefer Williams over Bosa. I think he is more dominant and doesn't have the injury concerns.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Bosa played on a loaded defensive line and rotated with a bunch of future NFL players during his Freshman & Sophomore seasons.

Just at DE, Bosa played with:
- Tyquan Lewis (2018 2nd Round Pick)
- Sam Hubbard (2018 3rd Round Pick)
- Jalyn Holmes (2018 4th Round Pick)
- Chase Young (projected 2020 Top 10 Pick)

Bosa didn't get nearly as many snaps, to no fault of his own. Looking at Bosa snap-by-snap, he was the absolute best pass rusher in the country, despite barely making it through a quarter of his Junior season.

To say he was surrounded by other future NFL players does exactly endorse him to me, whether he has stellar help around him to achieve or stellar help to allow him to get a breather while the offense is being worn down due to their lack of talent to uphold. This comes back to the basic Alabama issue of being surrounded by talent and then finding it hard to gauge how talented a player is. Again, I do not question his ability but the lofty extent of what people are saying his ability is to be selected first in the draft

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To say he was surrounded by other future NFL players does exactly endorse him to me, whether he has stellar help around him to achieve or stellar help to allow him to get a breather while the offense is being worn down due to their lack of talent to uphold. This comes back to the basic Alabama issue of being surrounded by talent and then finding it hard to gauge how talented a player is. Again, I do not question his ability but the lofty extent of what people are saying his ability is to be selected first in the draft

So you are also passing on KM (stellar 0-line) and Q given that he's from AB?

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score

Yeah but he was the dominant guy throughout those 2 1/2 years. He played with all NFL guys and was no doubt the superior talent. It's not like he just blended in with the rest of them. He stood out and dominated more than anyone else.

It sounds more like you just don't want to change your mind.

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score
I prefer Williams over Bosa. I think he is more dominant and doesn't have the injury concerns.

Devil's advocate...

If he was so dominant - why didn't he factor in until this year? Why didn't anybody know who he was his first two years at school?

Nick Bosa walked into a loaded DLine at Ohio State as a freshman and showed that he was the dominant guy. He continued to show it for 2 1/2 years. Why didn't Williams?

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
So you are also passing on KM (stellar 0-line) and Q given that he's from AB?

But their numbers are off the charts for their position and Bosa is not, they have far more production to justify standing out. Come on, I get great programs get the great players which makes them obvious places to go looking but Bosa seems a sheltered expectation everyone is accepting as fact and that fact if not just good but continuous Pro Bowl selections

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Yeah but he was the dominant guy throughout those 2 1/2 years. He played with all NFL guys and was no doubt the superior talent. It's not like he just blended in with the rest of them. He stood out and dominated more than anyone else.

It sounds more like you just don't want to change your mind.

No, you just not have given me anything sufficient to change my mind when I look at the myriad of accomplishment of other defensive players in the draft. I asked the question because I would like reasons why since I have nothing against him being great, to justify confidence if we select him or to be concern if the Niner's take him. Granted, it might be a case of professional scouts seeing more than I can and that's what I am basing this on because the production of other players clearly is not the reason why

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But their numbers are off the charts for their position and Bosa is not, they have far more production to justify standing out. Come on, I get great programs get the great players which makes them obvious places to go looking but Bosa seems a sheltered expectation everyone is accepting as fact and that fact if not just good but continuous Pro Bowl selections

So you're simply ignoring his dominance when on the field and professional evaluators do not.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

KM's highlights is loaded with plays that a QB in the NFL wouldn't see more than a few times in a season given the quality of defensive players and Q has stamina issues.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
KM's highlights is loaded with plays that a QB in the NFL wouldn't see more than a few times in a season given the quality of defensive players and Q has stamina issues.

Devil's advocate says we cannot use stamina issues as a deciding factor since Bosa was given breathers that Williams was not

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Devil's advocate says we cannot use stamina issues as a deciding factor since Bosa was given breathers that Williams was not

Hasn't it been mentioned by several that Q.Williams had to take oxygen breaks several times during the season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's like this. I can view Bosa and see a possible comparison to his brother and how he will turn out which is no bust by a long shot but I see a guy like Josh Allen and see a Dwight Freeney type. Personally, I would rather have a Freeney than a Bosa. I hear people say that one game, Georgia or whatever, a TE kept Allen in place but then I go, maybe we should keep an eye on that TE who was able to hold him in check lol
Josh Allen is nothing like Dwight Freeney. They couldn't any more polar opposite...

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devil's advocate...

If he was so dominant - why didn't he factor in until this year? Why didn't anybody know who he was his first two years at school?

Nick Bosa walked into a loaded DLine at Ohio State as a freshman and showed that he was the dominant guy. He continued to show it for 2 1/2 years. Why didn't Williams?

He redshirted in 2016 and played in all 14 games as an RS freshman the following fall - 2017 (had 20 tackles, 6.5 for loss, two sacks). He was dominant in his 2nd full year(2018). Bosa is good no doubt about that I just like Williams better for the Cards. But it certainly is debatable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn