Bosa and Elliott Drug Rumors

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#ohiostate0315

Sounds like Spence wasn't the only one with an Ecstasy problem. He just happened to get caught. I did find it strange that teams don't seem too concerned with Bosa and Elliott, but they are with Spence who has atleast admitted he had a problem and has been passing drug tests ever since.

I don't think either of these players will fall to the Cardinals, but thought it was very interesting and somehow flying under the radar.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Sounds like Spence wasn't the only one with an Ecstasy problem. He just happened to get caught. I did find it strange that teams don't seem too concerned with Bosa and Elliott, but they are with Spence who has atleast admitted he had a problem and has been passing drug tests ever since.

I don't think either of these players will fall to the Cardinals, but thought it was very interesting and somehow flying under the radar.

After reading the article it seems like Bosa`s excuse was BS and Elliott is a party animal.Yet neither has flunked a drug test for specific drug,Bosa`s failure was for refusal to take test.Spence failed two years in aq row and got himself banned failing in 2013 and 2014.Then in 2015 he gets arrested drunk and disorderly conduct.The kid either is clueless or thinks he is made of Teflon.
Problems for 3years in a row seems like a pattern.That could be why NFL teams are leery of Spence.

OP
OP
Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After reading the article it seems like Bosa`s excuse was BS and Elliott is a party animal.Yet neither has flunked a drug test for specific drug,Bosa`s failure was for refusal to take test.Spence failed two years in aq row and got himself banned failing in 2013 and 2014.Then in 2015 he gets arrested drunk and disorderly conduct.The kid either is clueless or thinks he is made of Teflon.
Problems for 3years in a row seems like a pattern.That could be why NFL teams are leery of Spence.

I agree there needs to be hesitation with Spence, but I am just more surprised this isn't a bigger issue with Bosa and Elliott. I would be a little concerned if my team was considering Bosa top five. Surprised this isn't getting more media attention.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After seeing Bosa interview at the combine this isn't a surprize. He reminds me of this guy.

Attachments

• spicoli.jpg
    spicoli.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 326

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I agree there needs to be hesitation with Spence, but I am just more surprised this isn't a bigger issue with Bosa and Elliott. I would be a little concerned if my team was considering Bosa top five. Surprised this isn't getting more media attention.

Since there is still over a month until the draft some of this stuff might drop Bosa and Elliott down lower in RD 1.This is the time for teams to overanalyze and nitpick players apart to find any issues.:)

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Spence and Nkemdiche are two players that I've seen mocked to the Cardinals who they should pass on due to character issues.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Teams leak bad mojo on guys they want to fall in the draft....this tactic rarely works. Everyone (any person, not just athletes) that went to college for at least three years did a drug of some sort at least once...EVERYONE! Anyone who says otherwise is a lier....I'm sure some will tell you they never ********** either...LIERS! Two things I guarantee everyone did in college: drugs and ************! :)

Last edited:

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The funny thing about Spicoli is that he's about 1000x brighter than the guy that Sean Penn grew up to be.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How could this happen on an Urban Meyer team? :rolleyes:

Didn't he leave all his problems behind @ Florida? hah.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Teams leak bad mojo on guys they want to fall in the draft....this tactic rarely works. Everyone (any person, not just athletes) that went to college for at least three years did a drug of some sort at least once...EVERYONE! Anyone who says otherwise is a lier....I'm sure some will tell you they never ********** either...LIERS! Two things I guarantee everyone did in college: drugs and ************! :)

Went to college a long time. Never took drugs. Pitied those who did.
As far as that other thing though........ ummm.....I'm sure you misspelled it. :)

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I've been a professional jazz musician since I was 14...went to one of the largest music schools in the world (North Texas), been around every type of drug known to man...

...have NEVER tried ANYTHING.

(Not that hard to say no.)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I've been a professional jazz musician since I was 14...went to one of the largest music schools in the world (North Texas), been around every type of drug known to man...

Very cool.

What you play ?

TruColor

Reaction score
Very cool.

What you play ?

Piano since I was 4...trombone since I was 9.

Had to pass proficiencies for my degree on a multitude of other instruments (all brass, woodwinds, strings), but I can't claim I actually PLAY them!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I've said all along that I think both guys are overrated. I think they'll be decent players but not stars. Elliot is one of the hardest workers on the team though.

Eli Apple and Vonn Bell, to me, will be the 2 best pros from this OSU class.

Braxton Miller is the wildcard but he wasn't the hardest working guy while at OSU.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Went to college...Never done drugs...never really been tempted...watched all my friends be morons...that was fun enough...didn't drink until I was 21, because I was truly afraid of my father. Now, masturbation is a whole 'nother story. :)

...and I'm not a liar, or a lier. :D

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elliott looks like a bust to me.

I've said all along that I think both guys are overrated. I think they'll be decent players but not stars. Elliot is one of the hardest workers on the team though.

Eli Apple and Vonn Bell, to me, will be the 2 best pros from this OSU class.

Braxton Miller is the wildcard but he wasn't the hardest working guy while at OSU.
ESPN got caught with their pants down. They did one of those patented sap piece stories on Elliot and his family and how squeaky clean he was prior to his "retirement" and suspected Moly "habit". Another reason to despise ESPN and their bogus journalism.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally Completely Off Topic

Had to pass proficiencies for my degree on a multitude of other instruments (all brass, woodwinds, strings), but I can't claim I actually PLAY them!

This is more off topic than Sean Penn but I just had to post it.

Best.Trombone.Solo.Ever

Starts around 1 min mark

Last edited:
Reaction score
OT: Small World

Never knew that about you CW! If I recall correctly, didn't you used to live in Northern CA? I good friend of mine is a jazz drummer from Monterey, CA. His name: Andy Weis. Are you familiar with him?

Feel free to PM response.

TruColor

Reaction score
OT: Small World

Never knew that about you CW! If I recall correctly, didn't you used to live in Northern CA? I good friend of mine is a jazz drummer from Monterey, CA. His name: Andy Weis. Are you familiar with him?

Feel free to PM response.

Not NoCal...was in in L.A. for a couple of years. Was working with (and living with) an R&B/Rap producer believe it or not. Lots of stories there.