Black Monday 2022 edition

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo
· 39s
#Giants coach Joe Judge will meet with his players in a few minutes and the expectation is he will lead the meeting with an eye to the future, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Same tone was struck in a meeting with coaches a short while ago.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think people forget the Dolphins were projected as a playoff contender & also lost 7 straight before that winning streak against 4 other clown shows in the Giants, Panthers, & Jets 2x.
I think people that think that was possible with Tua as the QB don't understand how the NFL works.

Unless you have a a top 20 all time defense, you are not making the playoffs with a below average QB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brian Flores is legit good and he did wonders at Miami. But he had some personality issues with certain people, and those people were more important than him.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as we complain about Keim, Kliff and Vance...there are organizations running Steve Wilks type crap year after year. I want better as well but it could be a lot worse.
This is true. Which is why while I complain about the upper management, it could always be worse. Just like in life..it's just a game after all. Enjoy the journey.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As much as we complain about Keim, Kliff and Vance...there are organizations running Steve Wilks type crap year after year. I want better as well but it could be a lot worse.
11-6 constitutes one of the best seasons in franchise history.

I'm in the camp that sees Kyler as an intriguing young QB who still makes way too many mental mistakes. Despite this Kliff led the team to a winning record.

Many of the other playoff teams with similar records have had significantly less injuries than the Cardinals. Depth was tested and played fairly well.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Schefter was saying there was a power struggle between Flores and GM and the owner backed the GM. He also hinted that there may be a few more surprise firings.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They are bringing back Joe Judge. Hahaha..

That is a clown show like no other for the Giantsm

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Giants refuse to get out of their own way. It's quite comical

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
THIS! If you want Kliff fired, please have a plan for how you're going to get better than him with:

1) Game management/organization
2) Offensive design/playcalling
3) QB Coaching

Because he's doing all three, and there might not be another head coach in the NFL doing as much (McVay comes to mind, but he's been developing more subordinates).

You might be able to get stronger at (1), but it probably comes at the expense of (2) and (3).

11-6 constitutes one of the best seasons in franchise history.

I'm in the camp that sees Kyler as an intriguing young QB who still makes way too many mental mistakes. Despite this Kliff led the team to a winning record.

Many of the other playoff teams with similar records have had significantly less injuries than the Cardinals. Depth was tested and played fairly well.
This seems like speculation, but I'd be interested in seeing that validated.

There remains progress, and some of the best coaches in the game frequently make seemingly mystifying brain farts.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
THIS! If you want Kliff fired, please have a plan for how you're going to get better than him with:

1) Game management/organization
2) Offensive design/playcalling
3) QB Coaching

Because he's doing all three, and there might not be another head coach in the NFL doing as much (McVay comes to mind, but he's been developing more subordinates).

You might be able to get stronger at (1), but it probably comes at the expense of (2) and (3).

This seems like speculation, but I'd be interested in seeing that validated.

There remains progress, and some of the best coaches in the game frequently make seemingly mystifying brain farts.
To this point, any gain in discipline and/or game management will be off-set by a decrease in scheme and offensive design. We have a highly functional offense that has players running open every week. We can run the ball despite a mediocre offensive line. We can incorporate and highlight new players into the system with success.

And, despite all of the leadership deficiencies and game management errors, we still have increased our win total every year in the toughest division in football.

I still don't think Kliff is a problem. Just like I don't think Kyler is a problem. I do believe that they both have areas where they need to get significantly better. However, I feel like I knew this when they were both brought in, and so patience for me until I get more evidence.

The disconnect between Vance and Keim is my #1 issue and I believe the biggest issue for the team moving forward.

that said I have @MaoTosiFanClub saying the FO is tiring of Kliff and I don't think he is a guy who makes stuff like that up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Someone is going to get a good GM in Spielman. He loaded that roster in Minnesota. However, like Keim, he was never able to get the offensive line figured out.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Someone is going to get a good GM in Spielman. He loaded that roster in Minnesota. However, like Keim, he was never able to get the offensive line figured out.
No one went to live a happy professional life after trusting Kirk cousin's talent

Reactions: PJ1

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
To this point, any gain in discipline and/or game management will be off-set by a decrease in scheme and offensive design. We have a highly functional offense that has players running open every week. We can run the ball despite a mediocre offensive line. We can incorporate and highlight new players into the system with success.

And, despite all of the leadership deficiencies and game management errors, we still have increased our win total every year in the toughest division in football.

I still don't think Kliff is a problem. Just like I don't think Kyler is a problem. I do believe that they both have areas where they need to get significantly better. However, I feel like I knew this when they were both brought in, and so patience for me until I get more evidence.

The disconnect between Vance and Keim is my #1 issue and I believe the biggest issue for the team moving forward.

that said I have @MaoTosiFanClub saying the FO is tiring of Kliff and I don't think he is a guy who makes stuff like that up.
In my opinion it starts at Keim (well it starts with the Bidwill family but we can't fire them) but I doubt SK firing happens. Most of the ownership and staff think this team has high-level talent which is partially true. The roster is very top-heavy and way too many high picks and money have been allocated in areas where we honestly aren't that good or deep most notably WR. How much in the draft and FA capital have we put into wide receiver and here we are playing some dudes named Dratch and Antoine Wesley in a must-win game.

Kliff is the symptom. The disease are the two guys above. It's also problematic that many people around the league don't want to work with the Bidwill family. MB is better than his old man in a lot of ways but the majority of the talented people around the league only want to hear from their owners when needed. MB wants a seat at every table (draft, FA's, coaching hires, etc). Some dudes especially the most talented ones don't want that meddling and micro-management.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard