Black Monday 2022 edition

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called this shot yesterday before the games that the Broncos hire Moore and will try to pull Russell Wilson out of Seattle.

I think Wilson in Denver they are a playoff team easy next year.

They have a very good group of young WR's and RB's, the defense is not as good as it used to be but still pretty good.

That said I won't be surprised if he just stays in Seattle, I think he gets Metcalf and Lockett and now Penny at RB that the offense is potentially pretty good if they can fix the defense in the draft.

The one issue is they don't have a first round pick when they really need one, either to take his eventual replacement, or get help on the OL or defense.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This… my concern is Kyler’s rookie contract. Barring something drastic, Kyler is here for the long term. Do you really want to waste the rest of his rookie contract and developmental years? I’d hire Kellen Moore in a heartbeat…

Also, on Vance. Don’t see anyone clamoring for an interview with him - we get rid of him or he’s here next year as well. Nobody is clamoring for a DC to be HC who just got gashed for 190 yards by Penny in division championship determining game.

The same Kellen Moore who our DC just shut down two weeks ago when the Cowboys were at full strength? Pfff

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This… my concern is Kyler’s rookie contract. Barring something drastic, Kyler is here for the long term. Do you really want to waste the rest of his rookie contract and developmental years? I’d hire Kellen Moore in a heartbeat…

Also, on Vance. Don’t see anyone clamoring for an interview with him - we get rid of him or he’s here next year as well. Nobody is clamoring for a DC to be HC who just got gashed for 190 yards by Penny in division championship determining game.
He has no game management experience, same as Kliff.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Wilson in Denver they are a playoff team easy next year.

They have a very good group of young WR's and RB's, the defense is not as good as it used to be but still pretty good.

That said I won't be surprised if he just stays in Seattle, I think he gets Metcalf and Lockett and now Penny at RB that the offense is potentially pretty good if they can fix the defense in the draft.

The one issue is they don't have a first round pick when they really need one, either to take his eventual replacement, or get help on the OL or defense.
I agree. Sutton, Jeudy, and Patrick if they can all stay healthy could be at the very top of the league. Not even counting Noah Fant.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The same Kellen Moore who our DC just shut down two weeks ago when the Cowboys were at full strength? Pfff
Ya the Kellen Moore whose offense is #1 in the league, whose WRs are wide open most games and set it up for Dak Prescott to become the single season leader in TDs in franchise history.

Short sighted much?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya the Kellen Moore whose offense is #1 in the league, whose WRs are wide open most games and set it up for Dak Prescott to become the single season leader in TDs in franchise history.

Short sighted much?
The Cowboys have feasted on lesser teams in their division and struggled against good teams. It isn't that black and white.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MaoTosiFanClub

I think it was Chopper who mentioned you had said the FO is tiring of KK. I must have missed it. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say about that, please.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
News coming out that NFL coaching legend Joe Judge wants a say in next GM being to be picked by the Giants

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Kellen Moore who has worked for two offensive head coaches? Where has he had to show acumen and discipline?

I understand if you want, like John Fox or something. But exchanging one offensive wunderkind of another and hoping without evidence that THIS ONE is only going to be an improvement seems like a risky proposition if your goal is not to "waste the rest of [Murray's] rookie contract and develomental years."

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kellen Moore who has worked for two offensive head coaches? Where has he had to show acumen and discipline?

I understand if you want, like John Fox or something. But exchanging one offensive wunderkind of another and hoping without evidence that THIS ONE is only going to be an improvement seems like a risky proposition if your goal is not to "waste the rest of [Murray's] rookie contract and develomental years."
KK was a failed college coach, whereas KM actually has NFL experience with NFL players. This is not a situation with any kind of equivalency.

Stout

Reaction score
Kellen Moore has exactly one more year of NFL experience with NFL players than Kingsbury does. Give me a break.
You give me a break. Another false equivalency. We're talking about when hired, not currently. Thank you for admitting KM had years more experience than KK when hired. Nice (failed) try at moving the goal posts.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Has Kellen Moore been a Head Coach at any level? Was he selected to coach the game McCarthy missed due to covid?

Failed or not, KK had HC experience.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You give me a break. Another false equivalency. We're talking about when hired, not currently. Thank you for admitting KM had years more experience than KK when hired. Nice (failed) try at moving the goal posts.
Wait—are we hiring Kellen Moore of three years ago or the one today?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cowboys have feasted on lesser teams in their division and struggled against good teams. It isn't that black and white.
They can't control their competition. You put up the numbers you put up and should be awarded for them as a coach and/or player. Just like overall records...no one cares about strength of schedule at the end of the day when you get to the playoffs.

He'll get his shot though soon..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can't control their competition. You put up the numbers you put up and should be awarded for them as a coach and/or player. Just like overall records...no one cares about strength of schedule at the end of the day when you get to the playoffs.

He'll get his shot though soon..
They can't control how they play against better competition?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They can't control how they play against better competition?
Overall, they have the #1 offense. Weak division or not. We have a leading offense this year and can't beat the bad teams..but play well against the better teams. Look how some are tearing that to pieces. Lol. Your stats and your record are what they say they are.. especially in the NFL. JMO.

Stout

Reaction score
Has Kellen Moore been a Head Coach at any level? Was he selected to coach the game McCarthy missed due to covid?

Failed or not, KK had HC experience.
Wow, the flexible mental gymnastics to try to make it seem as if KK was more suited to be an NFL head coach than KM is amazing!

Stout

Reaction score
Haven't they gained their NFL coaching experience at the same time? How would Moore bring more at this point?
"Than what KK brought when he was hired" is the key part of that sentence that you blithely ignored. KK was a nobody when hired and hasn't shown me he has the nous to be a good NFL coach. I'd prefer to HIRE someone with more NFL experience--well, technically, 1 game is more than what KK had. We aren't HIRING KK right now; we'd BE hiring KM in this scenario. Pretty clear.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson