Black Monday 2022 edition

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seattle is interesting. Hard to predict what happens there. There may not be any action there until late January
John Schneider would have to be a lunatic to let Wilson go. Who cares if a team is willing to give you 3 first round picks. Who are you going to draft that is better or even close?

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is full blown rebuild time in Seattle, but they need to suck for another year for ownership and the fan base to acknowledge it.
Zimmer and Nagy should get the axe. Carolina and the Giants are taking the wait til the middle of next season route before firing their coaches.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Could be. What if he loses to Washington after all that bluster?

Our players loved Coach Mac, Jim Hanifan, etc. That doesn't make a good coach and Judge has been overmatched completely.

Judge has finished in bottom 2 (offense rank) both years.
Defense regressed as well from 12th to 20th.

Everyone had injuries this year, so that's not an excuse IMO.
No one is making excuses for Judge, but he did have that crappy team in playoff contention last year. At least until Edmonds went off on them in NY. Diehard Giants fans that I'm close to are saying he's safe for another year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What about Jim Harbaugh to the Bears - that would be cool IMO.
It's definitely out there that Harbaugh is being courted by the NFL. And I never understood him being in the college ranks. I could see Harbaugh as HC with Fangio as DC. That could be a scary team. I just pray that Fangio doesn't end up in the NFCW. He's a phenomenal DC. Wish the Cardinals would fire Joseph & replace him with Fangio.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Todd Bowles wants a head coaching job and he doesn’t get one that would be a real travesty

He and his defense were the main reason Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Todd Bowles wants a head coaching job and he doesn’t get one that would be a real travesty

He and his defense were the main reason Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl
I love Todd Bowles, but sometimes Coordinators just don’t kick it as Head Coaches. Regardless of how bad his stint was in NY, I hope & think he’ll get another shot as HC. If Leftwich doesn’t end up elsewhere, I could see the Bucs hiring him when BA actually does retire. If he does end us elsewhere (like JAX), then Bowles could get the job in Tampa.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No one is making excuses for Judge, but he did have that crappy team in playoff contention last year. At least until Edmonds went off on them in NY. Diehard Giants fans that I'm close to are saying he's safe for another year.
I mean their whole offense was basically hurt the entire year.. Danny Dimes, Toney, Shephard, Engram, Slayton, Barkley. All missed quite a few games. Their offensive line would rival ours sans Hudson.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They say Judge is safe. But we'll see.
Fangio didn't do himself any favors last night by kicking the FG.
There always seems to be a surprise firing. Trying to think who would be a candidate. Ron Rivera maybe???
Kicking That FG... down 7 in the 4th... at hone... in a game where you can’t even get to the playoffs... was weaaaaak.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Consistency goes a long way in a franchise improving. Even a mediocre coach I feel can win now in the current NFL landscape of revolving players if they can establish a stability of a system and the GM does not suck at giving them talent... oh yeah, stability at QB too

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
In on board with this
Ideal scenario is some franchise hires Joseph as their head coach and then the Cards are forced to attain a guy like Fangio... but then there is that possibility that Joseph actually helps Kingbury handle his coaching responsibilities while he concentrates on the offense which then hampers the Cards

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no idea why Rhule is back.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely out there that Harbaugh is being courted by the NFL. And I never understood him being in the college ranks. I could see Harbaugh as HC with Fangio as DC. That could be a scary team. I just pray that Fangio doesn't end up in the NFCW. He's a phenomenal DC. Wish the Cardinals would fire Joseph & replace him with Fangio.
Quiet rumors Harbaugh to the Bears.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NFL should call a moratorium on hiring Belichick assistants as head coaches for a couple of years. Universally almost everyone that comes from that tree is incompetent year after year.