Billy Davis needs to be fired

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The defense has given up 1404 yards in the last 3 games. If Davis doesn't get fired now, I'm convinced Whis will never fire a coordinator mid-season.

The hard part is that the only guy to replace him that knows the terminology is Donnie Henderson. Still after seeing his defensive scheme manipulated by Seattle to put Adrian Wilson across from Mike Williams, I would fire him on the sideline. This following last week where Wilson was matched up with Percy Harvin.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
The hard part is that the only guy to replace him that knows the terminology is Donnie Henderson. Still after seeing his defensive scheme manipulated by Seattle to put Adrian Wilson across from Mike Williams, I would fire him on the sideline. This following last week where Wilson was matched up with Percy Harvin.

That isn't even the worst of his coaching blunders either. How about lining Paris Lenon up across from Deon Butler and Greg Camarillo? :bang:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That isn't even the worst of his coaching blunders either. How about lining Paris Lenon up across from Deon Butler and Greg Camarillo? :bang:

That was insane. I couldn't believe it watching the replay. That Lenon is even playing ahead of Daryl Washington is puzzling enough. Then we get to see that nonsense.

:hammer:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I would try Henderson. He can't be any worse. Davis has yet to control a defense that ranks above 26th in the league. This quote from Wikipedia pretty much sums it up. It's from 2006

the defensive coordinator Billy Davis, who drifts between the 4-3 scheme and the 3-4 scheme, not only has been incapable of masking these deficiencies but also seems to find ways to accentuate them."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Davis_(American_football)#cite_note-MontePoole-6

We should have seen this coming.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is because Davis' scheme isn't sound, and furthermore doesn't make sense. (When discussing schemes, these are two different things. I elaborated the difference in another thread.)

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Davis fired. And after the great job he has done with our number one ranked defense. Oh wait, I am now waking up, coming back to reality. Ah yes, I am now back in the real world, why has he still got a job. Someone please fire him now and the guy who hired him in the first place.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What idiot thought hiring him as D-Cord was a good idea in the 1st place? When the idiot was in the same position the 49ers finished dead last in every single statistical category AND gave up the MOST points in the NFL as well.

Sound familiar?

Last edited:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Worst...defense...in...the...league.

Shoot him, then beat him, then fire him.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
CP was better than Davis, at least Clancy pulled a rabbit out of his hat every few weeks and completely outschemed an opponent. He's doing the same thing at Cal, allowing 42 points at half to USC one week then solving the seemingly unstoppable Oregon offense a few weeks later. Once opponents figured Davis' scheme around the second half of last season we haven't stopped anybody really.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What idiot thought hiring him as D-Cord was a good idea in the 1st place? When the idiot was in the same position the 49ers finished dead last in every single statistical category AND gave up the MOST points in the NFL as well.

Sound familiar?

I brought this up on the other board before I was banished. The guy is a horrible DC. I would have dumped a whole lot of money on Romeo Crennell after he was fired in Cleveland.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I brought this up on the other board before I was banished. The guy is a horrible DC. I would have dumped a whole lot of money on Romeo Crennell after he was fired in Cleveland.
Or they could've made a play for Dom Capers or Mike Nolan who were both available at the same time we chose Avis.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/106914

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said he has not contemplated changes on his coaching staff. "I don't believe in that, especially in-season," he said. He acknowledged that it was a fair question.

-- Whisenhunt didn't find fault with the defensive game plan. When players did what they were supposed to do, the game plan worked, he said.
This makes me sad. When, exactly, did the game plan work?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm giving this the weekly bump.

31 more points allowed to add to the great Billy D's resume and an average of 6.6 yards per play. Bowe also cut through the soft zone all day. With the oldest and least mobile starting LBs in the league, that zone is pretty much useless.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Billy Davis has to go and so do half the players on defense. Blow em up!!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Somebody has to be the Scapegoat so the Cards need to fire Davis this week.

Doesn't matter who they get it never does. The important thing is to shake things up.

Heck if I were Whisenhunt I'd cut Wilson or Lenon tomorrow.

That'd get those slackers attention. :p