Billy Davis needs to be fired

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Billy Davis doesn't deserve his job and neither does Russ Grimm.

I've never liked either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bill Davis has not started this season very well. We have talent, but can't seem to generate a pass rush or stop the run. Not good.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for Greg Manusky on the 49ers. If the 49ers blow this year than he could very well be fired.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Bill Davis has not started this season very well. We have talent, but can't seem to generate a pass rush or stop the run. Not good.

I disagree. All the pieces aren't there, including as you said the most important piece to the puzzle...an outside pass rush. Davis' results have been questionable, but we definately need more players on that side of the ball!!! Talent at spots isnt a recipe for success.

Last edited:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love Whiz, but we desperately need him to bring in a new defensive coordinator and an actual offensive coordinator.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I disagree. All the pieces aren't there, including as you said the most important piece to the puzzle...an outside pass rush. Davis' results have been questionable, but we definately need more players on that side of the ball!!! Talent at spots isnt a recipe for success.
It was supposed to be a much improved pass rushing team? I thought we had the pieces or we brought the pieces (Porter?)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

It is a defensive coordinators jobs to generate a pass rush if he doesn't have the personnel to get one with his front 4 (in our case 3 + Porter). What Bill Davis has failed to do is bring enough players to allow either Campbell or Dockett to get a single match up. Because of this we are essentially rushing 2, with a NT inside who doesn't rush, and Porter being pretty ineffective. This allows QB's to attack our weakness which is linebackers in coverage and our secondary depth.

If we are copying a Steelers defense, then Bill Davis better start learning the overload blitz, because otherwise you can't run an effective 3-4 defense.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I don't care what talent he has, his group showed no heart and no desire, and a lot of sloppiness

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I didn't see any snow on the field. Were we in New England or Atlanta??

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell was with sealing the outside today??? The Falcons ran outside the edges all freakin day. It's like they had a free pass, just block down on the DT and you're gone. What kind of defensive scheme was that???

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What the hell was with sealing the outside today??? The Falcons ran outside the edges all freakin day. It's like they had a free pass, just block down on the DT and you're gone. What kind of defensive scheme was that???

Thats always been Porters weakness. Most of those rushing yards came off the weakside edge on #55 & #58.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
In it's last 4 games the defense has given up 144 points.

Pathetic.

I've been saying for a while that the ***** in CKW's armor is the defense. It's year 4 and they are not really any better than they were his first season. 65% 3rd down conversion rate is inexcusable. It reminds me of the old Cards defenses that would allow 1 yard on first down, get a sack for -5 on second down and then on 3rd and 14 give up a 17 yard pass completion.

We even talked about this last season suggesting that the Cards really needed to go out and get a top DC like Texas did with Will Muschamp to try to stop UTs defenses from continually getting mauled by the better offenses. We need a big time DC and have for years.

BTW in the last 5 games they are at 182 points. A pace that would give up over 580 points in an 16 game season. :shock:

;)

Of course I know that the week 17 Green Bay game was just an exhibition for us.

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I would go out right now and hire DG to be head of player personell, instantly, without thought, not as GM but in charge of all our drafting.

Then I would search the earth like Kung Fu looking for two killer assistants and go from there, that's what I'd do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go out right now and hire DG to be head of player personell, instantly, without thought, not as GM but in charge of all our drafting.

DG had a MONSTER 2004 draft. Possibly one of the greatest drafts of all time (for ANY team) but weren't our drafts the next two years complete and utter busts for the most parts?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson