Biggest game of the season for Cards

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yup if we somehow win this game and go to 3-0 before the jets game that would be huge you will see more excitment over the cards that we have not seen for a long time :), starting off 3-0 with the division we are in would be huge plus if we get by the redskins I really feel we can beat the jets also would be hard be we could do it if our offense shows up. But whatever happens it should be a fun two weeks looking forward to it!!! GO CARDS
Yup, and on a short week the Packers will be less prepared. I anticipate the Chargers spanking the Jets. Hopefully Brett will feel obligated to do too much and start spoonfeeding the ball to our secondary. Enter ANTRON!!!!!!!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is another thread we should sticky? :)

CarterAZ

Reaction score
[/font]

Sorry, but I have to disagree. This game wont be easy, because no road game is, but we are better than Washington. Our D may or may not be as good, it is too early to say. We are decades ahead of their O, which is just atrocious. Dont be fooled by the fact that they put up 29 at home against the worst D in the league who was missing four starters. Jason Campbell didn't wake up last week. He failed repeatedly in the red zone all game, only to benefit from his D getting LUCKY turnovers. Yes Skin's fans who may be reading this, when the reciever pops the ball up to one of your players ten feet away, the turnover was LUCKY!!!!!

Well, I hope you’re right… I know I’d be more than pleasantly surprised if we came out of there with a win.

FWIW, I think we don’t, and have a better shot at taking one from the Jets. Either way, I’ll take 3-1 coming home to a very good Bills team and having 3 out of the first 4 games on the road. 4-0 is almost too good to be true, and I’d have to do a lot of pinching to prove it’s actually happened.

But like I said, I like your way better…

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
It's funny, but odds are we WILL lose a game at some point this year. I think most of us fans just want the uphoria to last 1 more week......and if we win we will want it to last one more week.

As fans we want to be convinced that this team is for real. Most of us realize that what we have accomplished up to this point would have to be described as "moderate" success. However, what moderate success is for most teams can only be described as monumental for us in our fans eyes.

We so desire to be recognized as contenders that it fogs our view. This game is big, but they are all big. We see this game as a way to come to the fore front of the NFC echelon.

This sounds so much like Rams fans in 1999 that it almost brings a tear to my eye. Starting out 6-0 would have been tremendous no matter what, but in the context of what our team was like in the '90s, it was that much better. Monumental was too weak a word.

I really hope that you guys get to experience that.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
This sounds so much like Rams fans in 1999 that it almost brings a tear to my eye. Starting out 6-0 would have been tremendous no matter what, but in the context of what our team was like in the '90s, it was that much better. Monumental was too weak a word.

I really hope that you guys get to experience that.

Wow. Very cool post, Spielman.

I think a lot of us see a real difference in our team this year -- and not just the win/loss record. Years past the Cards would win a game, and celebrate for days like giddy twelve-year-olds. This year they nod in recognition of the press, but already are focused on next week. And they really believe they can win, but they also know it takes work, discipline, and smarts. They're not winning by luck, or an odd call, or a banged up opponent. They're winning by outplaying the other team.

So we sit on the edges, giddy ourselves after each win -- and nervously daring to hope ...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I hope you’re right… I know I’d be more than pleasantly surprised if we came out of there with a win

FWIW, I think we don’t, and have a better shot at taking one from the Jets. Either way, I’ll take 3-1 coming home to a very good Bills team and having 3 out of the first 4 games on the road. 4-0 is almost too good to be true, and I’d have to do a lot of pinching to prove it’s actually happened.

But like I said, I like your way better

I'm pleased with our 2-0 start. I would be very pleased with a 3-1 start and two home games coming up. But, I would be astounded by a 4-0 start. I don't know if I could keep myself from getting carried away if that happened. The last 12 games will have 7 home games and 5 division games. We would be in a very strong position.

RedLine

Right Wing Extremist
Reaction score
We are all too conditioned to losing. What's wrong coming home 4-0? That should be easier than beating the GoatRopers here. It's all possible if the team stays focused and repeats after Whiz - NO MISTAKES, NO TURNOVERS!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
The more I think about it I think this is the biggest game for our Big Red... Whatcha think?

I think that if they win this game, I will stop sipping the Kool-Aide and move right to the Kool-Aide Bong.

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
Biggest game..to date. We win, and the Jets lose. Next week becomes our biggest game, with the media all hyped about a must win for Brett against the surging Birds. Jets get the sympathy votes but lose, and our biggest game is now against the likely 4-0 Bills. Again we ask whether we can beat a real team, but thanks to the 12th man and a surging secondary we win at home. Of course now it's our Biggest Game as we take on the NFC-leading Cowboys. Then back east to challenge a resurgent Panther team, followed by a trap game in St. Louis, a Monday Night showdown against the 9ers, and at last the chance to knock out the reigning NFC West champs on their turf. Of course, it's then our chance to entertain the Super Bowl champs, fight the Eagles on Thanksgiving night, and enter December riding high with the playoffs in our sights. The regular season ends with Rams and Vikes at home, a not-so-hopeless game against the Pats, and then the season finale hoasting the Hags. Yes, it's a great season!

Reaction score
Biggest game..to date. We win, and the Jets lose. Next week becomes our biggest game, with the media all hyped about a must win for Brett against the surging Birds. Jets get the sympathy votes but lose, and our biggest game is now against the likely 4-0 Bills. Again we ask whether we can beat a real team, but thanks to the 12th man and a surging secondary we win at home. Of course now it's our Biggest Game as we take on the NFC-leading Cowboys. Then back east to challenge a resurgent Panther team, followed by a trap game in St. Louis, a Monday Night showdown against the 9ers, and at last the chance to knock out the reigning NFC West champs on their turf. Of course, it's then our chance to entertain the Super Bowl champs, fight the Eagles on Thanksgiving night, and enter December riding high with the playoffs in our sights. The regular season ends with Rams and Vikes at home, a not-so-hopeless game against the Pats, and then the season finale hoasting the Hags. Yes, it's a great season!
That about sums it up! :thumbup:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I no doubt believe that the Cardinals are the better team. Unfortunately, I fear the officiating more so than the Redskins. I've seen every Cardinal / Redskin game in Washington since 1982. Granted, the Skins have normally had the more talented team. But, we have been so SCREWED in that damm town over the years by the officiating. Home field advantage usually equates to 3 pts, but the Skins advantage is 10 pts at home!!! We really need to beat this team by double digits. If this is close, the officiating & Rackers will be too much for us to overcome.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump.

This Jets game is REALLY the biggest game of the season so far! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort