Bigger impact in 2021: AJ Green or Rondale Moore

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People really let that Pats drop stick in their heads huh.

He had 3 drops last year, was 60th in the league for drop rate. 75th the year before.

if I recall correctly, Kirk also broke virtually zero tackles last year. I remember reading that along w a very poor YAC. Not a playmaker. I guess according to your never ending doom posts we should expect to suck with Hopkins being the only relevant contributor.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People really let that Pats drop stick in their heads huh.

He had 3 drops last year, was 60th in the league for drop rate. 75th the year before.
I would hope people do considering he didn’t bounce back at all the rest of the season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if I recall correctly, Kirk also broke virtually zero tackles last year. I remember reading that along w a very poor YAC. Not a playmaker. I guess according to your never ending doom posts we should expect to suck with Hopkins being the only relevant contributor.

What never ending doom posts? I'm more optimistic than most here.

28% of his yards came after the catch last year.

The year before it was 40%. His rookie year it was 38%. People just inventing stuff now.

As I've said repeatedly we don't use him remotely well. His rookie year he was great on bubble screens. Remember the 40 yarder he ripped off vs the Raiders? Then last year we just stopped throwing them to him even though he's probably the best on the roster at it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would hope people do considering he didn’t bounce back at all the rest of the season.

He had 11 targets in the 3 games following. What do you expect him to do?

Then he suddenly had 10 targets in the Niners game alone and had 76 yards.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had 11 targets in the 3 games following. What do you expect him to do?

Then he suddenly had 10 targets in the Niners game alone and had 76 yards.
Uh, get open? Create separation?

Funny thing about that Niners game is most of that came off a 38 yard pass where Kyler had to throw an absolute dime cause Kirk was still tightly covered.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Funny thing about that Niners game is most of that came off a 38 yard pass where Kyler had to throw an absolute dime cause Kirk was still tightly covered.

He can only run the dog crap he's given.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's going to be a bunch of disappointed Rondale Moore fans it seems next year if people are thinking he's going to be WR2/WR3 and pushing 800 yards as many here seem to believe.

I thought he dropped another easy TD pass early in the Niners game at the end of the season as well. And he pulled up scared on what should have been an easy jet sweep TD against the Giants.

he just hasn’t been an impact player at all, especially for a 2nd rounder and that’s why I think he gets so much flak.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As a number 3 receiver, I believe his stats weren't bad and as a #2 I don't think they would be considered awful. Was he considered the number #2 receiver for most of last year though? How many #3 receivers have really great stats? There are 32 teams and he ranked 68th in yards and 29th in touchdowns. That means there are a few teams out there where he would have ranked 1st in touchdowns as a receiver. Average yards ranked 45th would put him around the top half of number #2 receivers for that stat.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Back to the original question, I can’t imagine any scenario where Green has more impact. This isn’t going to be close at all.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I missed this. According to Next Gen Stats (which is GPS tracked) Kirk had the highest average separation on the team last year at 3.5 yards. Nuk was 3.1.

He was also highest the year before. Also at 3.5 yards. In fact he was the 4th highest WR in the league.

Like any metric that requires some level of interpretation I'm not going to write it in stone. NGS measure the average separation on every reception, not every route. But I'm also confident he's not only getting open when the ball is thrown his way and he's in someone's pocket on every other snap.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it was 4 years ago our Hopkins-Green WR corps is playoff-calibre.

But I think Rondale will have good year. I've read this:

If he makes the pro bowl and eat my left arm.

He's still going to be WR4. He's still going to make mistakes. He's not going to play enough snaps to make the PB.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Based upon reports that I've read, I'll go with AJ Green, as he shows as a starter, with Rondale as our 4th WR. I have high hopes for both, but as of now, my pick is Green, as in money.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who gets the most touches will depend on "what the defense gives us."

What the defense gives us wil depend on who gets open & who they let get open (which, in turn, depends on the strength, weakness and composition of each opposing secondary).

All that said - Green could have more juice than expected, but my gut says "Moore."

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Rondale is going to FEAST if KK isnt stupid and just gives him the ball in space. We have TWO guys that would thrive in KK's short pass/bubble screen offense (Kirk/Moore) but he up to this point has misused our players. Throw short to DHop and long to Kirk??

Anyway, I have majorly high hopes for Moore. I think he is the slot guy we have needed, and with Dhop and Green on the outside, I think Moore and hopefully Kirk will thrive.

IMO we should hope Kirk plays well so we could possibly trade him before the deadline. I don't think we will be willing to pay him what he will ask for in FA...and if Moore has a duplicate skillset then we could look to move him for a CB or something.

I expect Moore to have a pretty electric rookie year and compete for ROTY. Remember David Johnson's rookie year where he seemed to score every time he touched the ball. I think Moore has that potential.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
AJ Green or this offense is in trouble. Green being on the outside takes more heat from Hopkins, more of an option on most plays and usually even if a rookie is good at the WR spot it takes a year to be a real difference maker...but I dig that Moore guy, the Cards got that one right :raccoon:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose