Bigger impact in 2021: AJ Green or Rondale Moore

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know their is a position battle thread, but I wanted to make some direct comparisons thread. Starting with this one. I feel like Kirk will likely be our 2nd leading WR so this is more about the new guys. AJ Green or Rondale Moore. Both currently have their injury issues lately. AJ has a great legacy, Moore has great potential.

I think at worst (albeit most likely) AJ Green replicates Fitz's production last year. Moore could be return, gadget and speed threat we hoped Isabella would be.

Who do you think will have a bigger impact in 2021? AJ Green or Rondale Moore

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I lean towards AJ Green cause I'm shamefully optimistic during this of the year. So I'm hoping he puts up 700 to 800 yards and gets 6 tds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will say Rondale Moore due to his athletic profile.
It is possible that his special teams, reverses, YAC impact might be to great to ignore. I think with the other 3 guys they can ease him into the league this 1st year. Maybe work on him as a pure WR in the future.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is possible that his special teams, reverses, YAC impact might be to great to ignore. I think with the other 3 guys they can ease him into the league this 1st year. Maybe work on him as a pure WR in the future.
This is my position on Rondale Moore, not factoring in the health aspect which is a huge concern.

Rondale Moore is great with the ball in his hands and in space. Kyler likes to get the ball out quickly and the Cardinals attempt to run routes to get their players in space where they can run after catch. Moore is like Darren Sproles with the ball in his hands.

Kyler is successful throwing the deep ball but likes to see the separation. Moore has the speed to separate and the speed to run and get it. If they can develop chemistry that connection will have a huge impact.

Cardinals don't have a dedicated return guy and Moore may be their best option. That gives him the ability to have an impact if he doesn't get a huge snap % on offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, of all of our WR options outside of Hopkins, Rondale Moore might be the one guy who can generate separation on his own. We all know that Kyler likes to see it open prior to releasing the ball.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is my position on Rondale Moore, not factoring in the health aspect which is a huge concern.

Rondale Moore is great with the ball in his hands and in space. Kyler likes to get the ball out quickly and the Cardinals attempt to run routes to get their players in space where they can run after catch. Moore is like Darren Sproles with the ball in his hands.

Kyler is successful throwing the deep ball but likes to see the separation. Moore has the speed to separate and the speed to run and get it. If they can develop chemistry that connection will have a huge impact.

Cardinals don't have a dedicated return guy and Moore may be their best option. That gives him the ability to have an impact if he doesn't get a huge snap % on offense.

I feel like this is an assertion without evidence. According to this, Kyler is right around the middle of the league in terms of time-to-throw and average intended air yards.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AJ Green easily baring injury.

Green is going to be starting outside WR2. I expect he will play 90%+ snaps.

Moore will be worked in and I expect him to be out snapped by Kirk too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I agree with what you're saying here.

I think Moore will have a big impact on around 50 touches. He'll have around 40 catches and 10 rushes. I think both Kirk and Moore will be better threats on bubble screens than the horrific tandem of Hop and Fitz were last year. Both will get a share of jet sweeps too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Also, of all of our WR options outside of Hopkins, Rondale Moore might be the one guy who can generate separation on his own. We all know that Kyler likes to see it open prior to releasing the ball.

Kirk got open, but I don't think Kyler liked throwing to him on the outside.

I think Kirk is going to have his best year efficiency wise since he'll probably see snaps in the slot.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Kyler is successful throwing the deep ball but likes to see the separation. Moore has the speed to separate and the speed to run and get it. If they can develop chemistry that connection will have a huge impact. I agree about Kyler needing to see a guy open/getting separation. However, I think it'll be Kirk who is going deep while playing in the slot.

I really hope it was a Purdue thing, but I dont see a deep threat in Moore. I really think he's going to be an underneath guy.

I think Kirk is going to have his best year efficiency wise since he'll probably see snaps in the slot.
Agree about Kirk. Will be interesting to see if he gets valued like Will Fuller or Curtis Samuel in the offseason.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I really hope it was a Purdue thing, but I dont see a deep threat in Moore. I really think he's going to be an underneath guy.

Agree about Kirk. Will be interesting to see if he gets valued like Will Fuller or Curtis Samuel in the offseason.

From listening to all of the talk surrounding Moore, it sounds like it was Purdue's offense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

OMG. There are SO MANY snaps to go around if Kingsbury is going to commit to a 10 personnel grouping as the essential base offense. Look at this from Week 1 2019:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's Week 2:

There are 50-70 snaps a game available for the 4th WR in this offense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree. My main concern for Kirk is there's only one ball. With Nuk, Green, Edmonds and Conner receiving, Moore coming in, possibly a TE addition there's a lot to go around.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OMG. There are SO MANY snaps to go around if Kingsbury is going to commit to a 10 personnel grouping as the essential base offense. Look at this from Week 1 2019:

Here's Week 2:

Kliff isn't going to play 10 pers 80-100% of the time.

WR4 might get 20 snaps tops.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Positive or negative impact?

Here's Week 2:

Cant forget the wildcard

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kliff isn't going to play 10 pers 80-100% of the time.

WR4 might get 20 snaps tops.

That first game was an overtime game; I'd forgotten. The 2021 Cards averaged over 70 snaps per game the last two seasons. I wouldn't be surprised to see the #4 WR (if they separate themselves) get 30+ snaps per game.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d be very surprised if Kirk beats out Moore for the WR3 by season start.. if healthy no way after a few games in. Kirk is a WR4 at best.. not sure where the people mentioning separation was at all last season? Also a number of key drops.

If he couldn’t take advantage of the corpse of a WR competition last year - why would anyone believe he will this year with a more talented Green and Moore on the roster? Ya, prob should be in the slot instead of outside last year but good players make things happen - he didn’t do squat last year in a pass heavy offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Yards per attempt for QBs declined significantly from 2018 when David Blough was the QB. Blough went undrafted but is still on the Detroit roster. PFF had 77% of his targets in 2018 at less than 9 yards. Also 35% were from a screen, sweep or flare. So, I would argue that his vertical abilities are based upon skill set more than production due to the offense he was in.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be very surprised if Kirk beats out Moore for the WR3 by season start.. if healthy no way after a few games in. Kirk is a WR4 at best.. not sure where the people mentioning separation was at all last season? Also a number of key drops.

If he couldn’t take advantage of the corpse of a WR competition last year - why would anyone believe he will this year with a more talented Green and Moore on the roster? Ya, prob should be in the slot instead of outside last year but good players make things happen - he didn’t do squat last year in a pass heavy offense.
Get ready to be very surprised

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope Moore comes out of the gates on fire and has a potential ROTY season, but but tells me he figures it out second half of the year