Big Hero 6

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Hero 6

Release Date: November 7, 2014 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Walt Disney Animation Studios
Director: Don Hall, Chris Williams
Screenwriter: Not Available
Genre: Adventure, Animation, Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG (for action and peril, some rude humor, and thematic elements)

Starring: Ryan Potter, Scott Adsit, T.J. Miller, Jamie Chung, Damon Wayans Jr., Genesis Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, James Cromwell, Alan Tudyk, Daniel Henney

Plot Summary: From Walt Disney Animation Studios, the team behind "Frozen" and "Wreck-It Ralph," comes "Big Hero 6," an action-packed comedy-adventure about the special bond that develops between Baymax (voice of Scott Adsit), a plus-sized inflatable robot, and prodigy Hiro Hamada (voice of Ryan Potter). When a devastating event befalls the city of San Fransokyo and catapults Hiro into the midst of danger, he turns to Baymax and his close friends adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago (voice of Jamie Chung), neatnik Wasabi (voice of Damon Wayans Jr.), chemistry whiz Honey Lemon (voice of Genesis Rodriguez) and fanboy Fred (voice of T.J. Miller). Determined to uncover the mystery, Hiro transforms his friends into a band of high-tech heroes called "Big Hero 6."

Inspired by the Marvel comics of the same name, and featuring breathtaking action with all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, "Big Hero 6" is directed by Don Hall ("Winnie the Pooh") and Chris Williams ("Bolt"), and produced by Roy Conli ("Tangled"). The film hits theaters in 3D on Nov. 7, 2014.

You must be registered for see images attach

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look good to me. Got a bad vibe about this one for some reason. Disney will probably prove me wrong but I just didn't like the trailers for some reason.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to like it because its a movie to watch with the kids but it looks simply stupid.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the more funnier Disney movies. Awesome story and kids loved it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to see it now. I was going to ignore it. If I dont like it I blame you guys for telling me its great :)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You will be laughing just as much as the kids.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to admit....this movie surprised me. I wasn't expecting much. Movie was fantastic. One of Disney Animations best films yet. Had humor, action and heart felt moments. The kids absolutely loved it.

My littlest one simply said "that was awesome". Enough said.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to admit....this movie surprised me. I wasn't expecting much. Movie was fantastic. One of Disney's Animations best films yet. Had humor, action and heart felt moments. The kids absolutely loved it.

My littlest one simply said "that was awesome". Enough said.

My 4 year old was cracking up. The kids love slapstick so this movie was perfect for them.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
caught this at the drive in this past week ........ I was in the crowd of limited interest because of the trailers - some friends saw it and said it was good, some of the initial buzz was favorable

overall a solid disney action effort - some tough luck story line in there, good but not over the top action sequences, a pretty easy to navigate message, some good humor

basically something in there for all age levels and something that can be enjoyed on a completely superficial or more involved basis

well done and I was pleasantly surprised

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been trying to see this movie with the kids. I better hurry before it leaves theaters. Everyone has said nothing but good things about it.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You slacking. You need to watch it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw it with my girlfriend and a 17 year old, a 13 year old and a 9 year old. I don't know who laughed the most, 4 of us loved it. My girlfriend liked not loved it.

I thought it was hilarious.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I saw it with my girlfriend and a 17 year old, a 13 year old and a 9 year old. I don't know who laughed the most, 4 of us loved it. My girlfriend liked not loved it.

I thought it was hilarious.

Ha ha, you need to find a new girlfriend if she didn't love this movie. Just messing.. :)

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this movie last week and will be buying it when it comes out. Funny, entertaining, emotional.... Even my little 2 year old cried. Funniest is part was when Baymax's battery went low and Hero was trying to make him be quiet. This part was the best adult humor of any animation movie I have ever seen. I think every adult can relate to it!!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Told ya you would like it. ;)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got to see it with the kids before it left the theaters. I thought it was good but I have seen better Disney movies. The kids liked it though.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching it a second time...such a good movie. Lots of feels. Not Inside Out, which was PHENOMENAL, but this is a great movie. I love that it makes it cool to be smart...nerd school. That's what we call our kids' school already, so it was very good.

There are some ridiculous scenes, and pretty much everything Baymax says and does is great.

Best line to me is:

Baymax: I fail to see how flying makes me a better healthcare companion.
Hiro: I fail to see how you fail to see that it's AWESOME!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm at around 5 times now. Kids love it and it still great seeing it over and over. :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Watching it a second time...such a good movie. Lots of feels. Not Inside Out, which was PHENOMENAL, but this is a great movie. I love that it makes it cool to be smart...nerd school. That's what we call our kids' school already, so it was very good.

There are some ridiculous scenes, and pretty much everything Baymax says and does is great.

Best line to me is:

Baymax: I fail to see how flying makes me a better healthcare companion.
Hiro: I fail to see how you fail to see that it's AWESOME!

I like it a lot more than Inside Out, but with the quality of these two, it's potato, po-tah-toe, really. Great movie, with plenty of adult themes in there.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm at around 5 times now. Kids love it and it still great seeing it over and over. :)

I have seen it probably 20 times now because my 3 year old girl loves Baymax. This movie has put Frozen in the history book for her

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson