Bidwill pissed

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Click bait or truth? Would love to know.
According to the main article, we only lost 31-11. They can't even get the score correct so who knows what else they have gotten wrong or are just tossing against a wall to see if it sticks?

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does it really matter how pissed he is if he doesn’t make must needed changes & fire either Keim, Kliff or VJ or all?
This is true but if in fact all 3 of them are being put on notice..................? Your asses are on the line in 2022 if the late season collapses doesn't change? I'll believe it when I see it but conventional wisdom tells me that Bidwill wasn't happy how the season ended & wants it fixed. Let's say he fires all 3 of them, do we really trust him to hire a new HC & GM if he was truly the one that wanted SW? If he was the one that wanted SW & hires some bozo to be the new HC we could possibly end up with someone worse than KK & a 3-14 season? My guess is Keim (pretty good guess) would be the last to go. 1. VJ 2. KK 3. SK

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is true but if in fact all 3 of them are being put on notice..................? Your asses are on the line in 2022 if the late season collapses doesn't change? I'll believe it when I see it but conventional wisdom tells me that Bidwill wasn't happy how the season ended & wants it fixed. Let's say he fires all 3 of them, do we really trust him to hire a new HC & GM if he was truly the one that wanted SW?
I personally think all 3 should be fired! Blowseph at least! His defenses have no imagination, same non impactful blitzes, same soft zone coverages play after play where receivers or more wide open consistently. I mean seriously is there any team in this league that allows more easy completions? It’s maddening. Ugh

The reason you fire at least the 2 coaches in charge is imo because we have 2 years to see if a quality coach can improve Kyler & improve one of the worst defenses in the league down the stretch. Make the move now!

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I personally think all 3 should be fired! Blowseph at least! His defenses have no imagination, same non impactful blitzes, same soft zone coverages play after play where receivers or more wide open consistently. I mean seriously is there any team in this league that allows more easy completions? It’s maddening. Ugh

The reason you fire at least the 2 coaches in charge is imo because we have 2 years to see if a quality coach can improve Kyler & improve one of the worst defenses in the league down the stretch. Make the move now!
I dunno the answers to all of that. I do know that KK is gonna get another season. With the history of the Cardinals franchise & all the losing, there's no way an 11 win coach making the playoffs is gonna get canned. 2022 is gonna tell the tale on whether KK & Keim survive or not? Especially KK. Have you looked at the 2022 schedule yet? It's freaking brutal & Keim has his work cut out for him this off season. If he can build a roster that wins 11 games in 2022 with that schedule he should win GM of the year lol.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Mike, I am 70. I don't know how many complete rebuilds I have in me. :(

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is true but if in fact all 3 of them are being put on notice..................? Your asses are on the line in 2022 if the late season collapses doesn't change? I'll believe it when I see it but conventional wisdom tells me that Bidwill wasn't happy how the season ended & wants it fixed. Let's say he fires all 3 of them, do we really trust him to hire a new HC & GM if he was truly the one that wanted SW? If he was the one that wanted SW & hires some bozo to be the new HC we could possibly end up with someone worse than KK & a 3-14 season? My guess is Keim (pretty good guess) would be the last to go. 1. VJ 2. KK 3. SK
This is flawed logic, and I've seen it in my work with juvenile delinquents and in addictions. Poor performance (or, in my careers, unacceptable behavior/relapse), must lead to a talk about consequences. Last year was the time for talk of consequences. We had a very unacceptable collapse and there were no excuses for missing the playoffs. That was the time for talk of consequences if there were further problems. Well, we had further problems down the stretch this year, bucket loads of them, culminating in the playoff debacle. If you then go on to wag your finger at Keim, KK, and co, and give them another year with the threat of further consequences, you've just enabled their poor performance. You've enforced that it's okay to underachieve, because they didn't get the consequences. Talk about reinforcing the environment of underachieving!

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is flawed logic, and I've seen it in my work with juvenile delinquents and in addictions. Poor performance (or, in my careers, unacceptable behavior/relapse), must lead to a talk about consequences. Last year was the time for talk of consequences. We had a very unacceptable collapse and there were no excuses for missing the playoffs. That was the time for talk of consequences if there were further problems. Well, we had further problems down the stretch this year, bucket loads of them, culminating in the playoff debacle. If you then go on to wag your finger at Keim, KK, and co, and give them another year with the threat of further consequences, you've just enabled their poor performance. You've enforced that it's okay to underachieve, because they didn't get the consequences. Talk about reinforcing the environment of underachieving!
It's definitely flawed logic if they had that talk after the 2020 season & the same talk has happened or will happen soon. We have no way of knowing if that conversation happened last year or this year really, but if he is pissed about the collapse as was reported potentially, he'd better fire some people if it happens again in 2022.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Mike, I am 70. I don't know how many complete rebuilds I have in me. :(
We have the talent, that’s obvious at 7-0, just misused and not optimized- I would be happy with Kingsbury if he ran the ball more early to give the team a chance.I would be happy with Keim if he would supervise Kingsbury or previous coaches. I am happy Bidwill is pissed, but would prefer to see him and fans butt wiggle happy. Even if we lost against a very good playoff team, we would have competed. Not 5 - 3 and outs and 2 interceptions in the first 1/2.

conner not starting and making the pro bowl, makes it clear to me. Poor judgement, poor insight and makes poor decision! do you live with it, correct it or replace it?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's definitely flawed logic if they had that talk after the 2020 season & the same talk has happened or will happen soon. We have no way of knowing if that conversation happened last year or this year really, but if he is pissed about the collapse as was reported potentially, he'd better fire some people if it happens again in 2022.
If that talk never happened after the 2020 season then we're absolutely doomed. That level of incompetence would be beyond comprehension.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is silly. Bidwill is pissed. No kidding? Does anybody really think he’s got his feet up on his desk smoking a cigar?

Oh, hey I know we went 1-6 down the stretch, but we went 11-6 and made the playoffs!

It was an abysmal display of ineptitude. We can talk about injuries and COVID and anything else. We weren’t the only team dealing with these things.

Bidwill is pissed. Big deal. Do something about it.

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is the problem:

If he is "pissed" and gave all three a "there better be changes next year or else" speech...what are the changes? Must win a playoff game? Must win the division? Must reach a certain number of wins? Those things are so hard to predict. Our schedule is much harder. We could have injuries that make it impossible. For all we know the Rams and 49ers could be the top 2 teams in the NFC.

So the changes have to be things like...must be competitive in all games. Must not have a clear collapse at the end of the season. Must hold players accountable. Must not be in the bottom 5 in penalties for the 4th straight year. etc. Those are fine but things that KK has NEVER done...were not talking improvement...were talking complete change of history.

What are the improvements for Keim? 1st rounder must start?

I guess my point is that the only thing Bidwill should be looking at is past results. Keim's drafts have a clear, unmistakable problem. KK ALWAYS has 2nd half collapses, and never really wins big games (meaning games with something on the line). Vance probably has the best record of the 3, but is known to run a complicated system, not utilize all players, and be weak against the run.

There is no amount of "pissed" that is going to change those things, because I would argue those guys CAN'T change those things. They are who they are. If you want those things changed, the answer is new blood.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Cardinals were a real business, KK and probably Keim would have been gone by now. But the NFL allocates media revenue such that even a bad team can make money. And in one sense the Cardinals are a monopoly so that there will always be people who will go to the games no matter how bad the Cardinals play. So the pressure really isn't all that great on Bidwill. He's got it made no matter what.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bottom line is that Card's fans will go through the same crap that we did for the last 3 years with KK. I actually feel it will be worse as the schedule is tougher. Since KK hasn't figured it out now what makes MB think he will get it any different next season. Additionally, being a season ticket holder, I'm really upset that they sucked at home. How is that gong to change?? :bang:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is silly. Bidwill is pissed. No kidding? Does anybody really think he’s got his feet up on his desk smoking a cigar?

Oh, hey I know we 1-6 down the stretch, but we went 11-6 and made the playoffs!

It was an abysmal display of ineptitude. We can talk about injuries and COVID and anything else. We weren’t the only team dealing with these things.

Bidwill is pissed. Big deal. Do something about it.
The Ravens went a similar path as the Cardinals. They went from the #1 seed to OUT of the playoffs. They are a proud franchise whose only expectation is winning SB’s. They just fired their DC Martindale. The Cardinals should be doing the same. You CANNOT go 1-6 down the stretch & not make some kind of coaching change. If Michael wants us to respect his franchise, he better get off his butt & make a change SOMEWHERE. The Cardinals should give thought to Martindale once they find out VJ’s ultimate status. It would be great beyond words should VJ get the Miami gig. If he doesn’t, we need to show him the door. Martingale’s defenses were super aggressive & top 5 the last 3 seasons until injuries just destroyed that team even before the season started. C’mon Michael. The clock is ticking.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bottom line is that Card's fans will go through the same crap that we did for the last 3 years with KK. I actually feel it will be worse as the schedule is tougher. Since KK hasn't figured it out now what makes MB think he will get it any different next season. Additionally, being a season ticket holder, I'm really upset that they sucked at home. How is that gong to change?? :bang:
I think the only saving grace here is if and when he pulls the trigger on Keim. If you fire your buddy yes man...then maybe those are the signs that he can move this franchise forward even more than he has since taking over, and take them to that next step as a franchise.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious how you hold someone accountable that makes more money than you do, or whose contract is longer than yours or is a franchise/star or fan favorite player or otherwise holds some type of power over you.

I can see a capable coach or mentor motivating a player to excel for various reasons, but holding someone accountable whose position is equal to or higher than yours would be a tall order.

There are players you can't bench, can't fine or otherwise discipline. A demotion on the depth chart coupled with reduced playing time will affect your next contract, etc. That may apply to older and more mature players who have been in the league longer as they are maybe looking to their next contract. This could also lead to a player who is more concerned about injury than he is in excelling. People are who they are, whether by birth, environment or the luck of the draw. I think it takes maturity, if you aren't born with it, for a person to realize they have additional potential... Then again, you can't really make people do anything. They either do it, don't or land somewhere in the middle. You can't make anyone care. You can beg, plead, cajole, threaten etc but being a mentor/leader to others requires ability, dedication and a willingness on the part of both participants. I remember myself in my early 20s and young people now in my life, most of us weren't capable of looking beyond the end of our nose. Imo, you are either born with it or mature into it. I'm guessing a good coach can guide people to mature into it, but in my experience, most people won't leave their comfort zone of their own accord.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also think the Cards need to scrap the 3-4 defense or get more legit 3-4 players.

That was one of the Wilks mistakes tried to use 3-4 players to play a 4-3. Ironically it helped us the next year because we didn't have to overhaul the roster on defense to switch back to a 3-4.

I don't think there's a huge issue with either the key is talent. The Rams defense isn't better than ours because it's a 4-3, it's because they have better players than we do on defense at key spots.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ravens went a similar path as the Cardinals. They went from the #1 seed to OUT of the playoffs. They are a proud franchise whose only expectation is winning SB’s. They just fired their DC Martindale. The Cardinals should be doing the same. You CANNOT go 1-6 down the stretch & not make some kind of coaching change. If Michael wants us to respect his franchise, he better get off his butt & make a change SOMEWHERE. The Cardinals should give thought to Martindale once they find out VJ’s ultimate status. It would be great beyond words should VJ get the Miami gig. If he doesn’t, we need to show him the door. Martingale’s defenses were super aggressive & top 5 the last 3 seasons until injuries just destroyed that team even before the season started. C’mon Michael. The clock is ticking.
If they are planning to fire VJ I can see why they would hold off until after his interview(s).

I don’t think that is happening and one would think word would leak out somewhere if the Cardinals were talking to anybody to possibly replace anybody on the staff.
I think if anything is going to happen it will be no later than Monday or Tuesday after this weeks games.

We certainly wouldn’t want to wait to long and would be left with scraps to choose from. Remember Wilks.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wonder what odegards reason for leaving the franchise was?? He seemed like he was learning under Urban and was going to contribute significantly moving forward. Maybe wanted to be a little too real about things? Just curious....could be just sour grapes though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until the Suns changed GMs nothing good was happening.

It takes a good GM to put all the pieces together especially hiring the right head coach and helping form the culture of the team.

Team culture is not a meaningless term. It's real.

Football may take longer but the Suns took off after one season with James Jones and Monty Williams. I might add the turnaround was visible the first season.

Last edited: