"Bidwill and Keim exposed and in denial."

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did Warner really "freely admitted that the contract dispute he had with Bidwill took a lot of the wind out of his sails" and that is why he retired??

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did Warner really "freely admitted that the contract dispute he had with Bidwill took a lot of the wind out of his sails" and that is why he retired??

I remember that year he went to SF to get leverage with the FO for his contract.

But as I recall he retired right after that nasty hit in the Saints playoff game

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The guy has been writing dumb articles for 15 years.

That being said, Bidwill and Keim are mostly incompetent so I agree with the premise of the article. Keim is a mediocre at best talent evaluator who's best skill is networking with other NFL front office types and agents (probably because he's guy paying for lap dances 3am at the league events).

Bidwill is the stereotypical half-wit who woke up on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple. Our best chance is him and his moron siblings decide to cash in when the old man passes away but my guess is their egos don't allow it.

So yeah, Mitch is clueless but so are the subjects of his article.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As with so many things, both sides are correct here.

Walter is a gifted writer and his opinions always drove discussion. I am glad for him that he has a good outlet for his talent.

Walter would also take about every conceivable position one could take on a topic. On any given week he could be in direct conflict with what he said three days ago.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn you guys are mean. Mitch posted great stuff here. His post were informative and interesting. Yes he has his own opinions and most of you other guys do to, but he seemed to be ripped into more as he put himself out there.

The only thing is I wish Mitch would have realized if you post your opinion, and in detail like he did, you were going to get backlash no matter where you were to post it, but he just couldn't handle it.

I kind of have to disagree here. We have several posters who write detailed posts that are consistent in their content and also don't take it personally when you disagree.

K9 would be my first example of that

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cmon guys. Have you forgotten about Brenda already. I love Warner & I’ll always keep him in high regard. He walked away because he loved her & that’s what she wanted more than anything else in the world.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
What's really sad is some here ripping Mitch a new a$$hole and he's isn't here to defend himself. If you are going to rip on him go post it on the ROTB site. I suggest that if anyone else here decides to link to a Mitch write up please note that so we don't have to read or see all this crap from those who rip on Mitch no matter what he writes. They can just not go to the link because they will know it's a Mitch article and they can just ignore it. Now those who don't like my post can flame away.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did find it odd that Mort & Schefter (whom I highly respect their opinions & are usually dead on) did report at the end of Their report on Wilks getting fired they said when personally talking to 2 coaches after interviewing with the Cards last season, both coaches said “I want no part of that organization”.

Maybe he’s not too far off base? Hmmmm makes you wonder what’s real & what’s not.

Did Mort and Schefter give any reasons why the coaches said that? Could be because there was no QB at the time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I remember that year he went to SF to get leverage with the FO for his contract.

But as I recall he retired right after that nasty hit in the Saints playoff game
This...his wife wanted him home. They made enough money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did Mort and Schefter give any reasons why the coaches said that? Could be because there was no QB at the time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The proof is in the pudding. Look at how Cardinals handled the press conference yesterday. They stopped the press conference and ran as soon as semi-tough questions were asked. It is a sign of disfunction.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Cmon guys. Have you forgotten about Brenda already. I love Warner & I’ll always keep him in high regard. He walked away because he loved her & that’s what she wanted more than anything else in the world.
Yeah, when I saw the horrified look on Brenda's face after that hit in New Orleans I knew he was gone.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2017 - The Cardinals have the personnel to run a 4-3, and running a 3-4 is a mistake.

2018 - Switching to a 4-3 and not staying with a 3-4 is a mistake.

Just sayin'
Ha! You're so right, he was pushing a 4-3 for a long time. Man I wish I had the time to go back and look at his posts at the time all these events were happening and see what his opinion was in the moment. Will to bet there is a lot of 20/20 hindsight in this article. I'm pretty sure he was a big fan of the Mathis signing. Also I like how the Cards were so lucky to beat the Packers but no mention of how lucky the Packers were to hit two hail mary's to tie the game.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Az was a bad destination last year because:

1. literally no QB
2. constrained cap space
3. big shoes to fill

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Ha! You're so right, he was pushing a 4-3 for a long time. Man I wish I had the time to go back and look at his posts at the time all these events were happening and see what his opinion was in the moment. Will to bet there is a lot of 20/20 hindsight in this article. I'm pretty sure he was a big fan of the Mathis signing. Also I like how the Cards were so lucky to beat the Packers but no mention of how lucky the Packers were to hit two hail mary's to tie the game.

It's what Dan Bickley does, flips his opinion to show he was right all along.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, when I saw the horrified look on Brenda's face after that hit in New Orleans I knew he was gone.

Exactly. I remember telling my son that we’d never see Warner in a Cardinal uniform again. Although, he did come back in the game after that hit. I hated that game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Mitch actually was the first guy I seen here to call for Wilks to be hired because he hold his defensive players accountable lol

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
“Yesterday, after announcing that he had made a big mistake in hiring Steve Wilks, Bidwill patted himself and Steve Keim on the back for “the process” by which they use to hire head coaches.“

In firing Wilks after one season I might say it was an admitted mistake, but to say it was “announced” makes it soound like MB shouted it from the rooftops. This is poor journalism and an insult to Wilks. Too much if Mitch’s writings were like this. I never cared too much for him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Damn you guys are mean. Mitch posted great stuff here. His post were informative and interesting. Yes he has his own opinions and most of you other guys do to, but he seemed to be ripped into more as he put himself out there.

The only thing is I wish Mitch would have realized if you post your opinion, and in detail like he did, you were going to get backlash no matter where you were to post it, but he just couldn't handle it.
Shaggy it’s your latter paragraph that was the crux of mitch’s Issues. He threw out a lot of over the top comments and theories and just Couldn’t take equally powerful criticism. if you post unpopular thoughts be prepared for an onslaught of negative feedback.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Mitch had interesting takes, but i also thought he presented his pure speculation as informed fact.

interesting that he attributes all success over the last five years or so as Arians -- when he was leading the charge over the last couple years that it was Arians that was the problem.
All this. Man, just ALL this.