Bickley/MJ reporting Horton wants out.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Take it for what it is, Bickely who has been known to stir stuff up. Bickley reporting that per Jureki, Horton now wants out of Az.

No source,quotes, or anything else for that matter included in the article. Link is below. Just sharing the article.

Unable to include the link to the Bickley/Azcentral article due to me not having 20 posts yet. but it is on Bikley's last tweet.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope it's all hype, it would suck if Horton wanted to bounce. I was hoping we were done with the drama this year, but no way man.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As reported by XTRA 910′s Mike Jurecki earlier in the week, Horton told the Cardinals he could deliver Norv Turner as his offensive coordinator and Mike Tice as his offensive line coach. Those would be big-time additions, and Turner’s reputation as a play-caller would seem to mute any concerns about the offense.

and the thing in question

Now, Jurecki is reporting that Horton wants out.

That's all it says about wanting out.

www.azcentral.com/insiders/danbickley/2013/01/17/the-cardinals-just-arent-feeling-ray-horton/

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not the least bit surprising. He's been played like a fiddle by just about anyone who will listen regarding and HC job.

If the Cards were going to offer Horton the HC they would have by now.

Stop Whining

Veteran
Reaction score
IMO not very professional on hortons part. Whaa! I'll just take my ball and go home...Whaa! Man up Horton and do your job. Seven other teams didnt think your ready either.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What a baby. If this is true, this is further evidence that Horton doesn't yet have the maturity to lead an NFL team.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, that's what happens when you get jerked around & not dealt with the right way.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, that's what happens when you get jerked around & not dealt with the right way.

How has he not been dealt with the right way? Cause he wasn't handed the job outright?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wtf!!!???? He Could Deliver Turner And Tice!!!???? Okay, If This Is True I Am Freaking Way, Way, Waaaaayyyy Pissed Off! This Has To Be The Stupidest Group Of Morons In The History Of God Damned Football! Mother Effers!

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sounds like another Cardinals blunder in the making. What the hell is wrong with Arizona sports teams? The ownership sucks here. Plain sucks. Horton should of been hired already. What I thought could be the worst case scenario, is even worse. Now, our best hope is to get Arians signed and then go and get Rob Ryan. What a mess. I hope Horton does leave and then comes back and kick our ass.

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Wtf!!!???? He Could Deliver Turner And Tice!!!???? Okay, If This Is True I Am Freaking Way, Way, Waaaaayyyy Pissed Off! This Has To Be The Stupidest Group Of Morons In The History Of God Damned Football! Mother Effers!

Norv was hired by the Browns today so obviously he couldn't backup what he was saying.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
Hearing the situation w/ the Cards & Ray Horton is tense after a meeting the other nite w/ Steve Keim, Horton is under contract 1 more yr.

Jurecki reported this on twitter about 1 pm today. Looks like Keim met with Horton and probably told him he was not getting the job. He needs to get over it and on with it. I'm sure he will.

Stop Whining

Veteran
Reaction score

Turner was never coming here. He wanted to go to Cleveland to work with his son. Thats exactly what happened.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

How was he jerked around? He was interviewed here and with other teams and none saw fit to hand him the head coach title.

I want the team to get the best coach available not the most popular one...if it just happens to be the same person so be it.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score

The way I read it was that he said he could but he didn't deliver.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Pretty much this.

If we loose Horton it's on Michael for making a lot of stupid decisions. I really hope this is just something to stir everyone up until we actually know something.

Come on Michael! tick tock, tick tock. Do NOT loose Horton.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No no no. Dude was offered two interviews and not one. That was not jerking someone around, that is showing interest. Then instead of saying there is no way you are going to get the job, he is still considered an option. I do not get how in the hell that is called being jerked around, it called being part of the process for an extended time. I find it hard to believe Horton is feeling overtly upset for possibly losing out unless he is a whiner and I do not see him as that. Anyone who thinks he is being jerked around should included everyone else who has ever applied for a job and in the end did not get it. People are acting like an interview means your hired. By that token. Horton then also got jerked around by a couple of other teams who also did not give him the HC title.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Norv was hired by the Browns today so obviously he couldn't backup what he was saying.
Its blatanly obvious to me Norv signed with Cle AFTER learning Horton not getting the GIG.

I swer we are fans of the biggest bunch of idiots ever... HULK SMASH!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually we don't know. This has been going on for a while. We could have hired Horton after the 2nd interview and signed Turner before Cleveland even made it's HC hire with Chudinski (sp). In other words when Horton said that, it was before Cleveland hired him, thus the option of working with his son wasn't even there yet.

Then even after that, there's no reason he has to coach with his son. Some people it's not a big deal. They've probably worked together on a staff before anyways. So it's probably not like a 'dream come true' to work with his son. Probably already has. If not, some people wouldn't look at it as a 'dream come true', just maybe a plus.

Though we'll never know. At this point that ship has sailed.

Of course Bickley and/or Jurecki could be blowing smoke out of their.....

But I too was pretty shocked with Tice. Horton, Norv, and Mike Tice would have been a solid hire. Good balance and expertise on the offensive side to go with Horton on the defense overseeing the DC.

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I aint believing jack until I hear it from Horton in a real quote.

Lance Arm is Strong because it's full of dope, but lied for years.

Manti-anti, my girlfriend can't die, cuz she was never alive.

Andy Reid was 95% here, I figure that's about 340 pounds that made it to Arizona. But the 20 pounds that was in Kansas City makes all the decisions.

If Horton's end goal is to be a Headcoach, I doubt he would tarnish his resume going baby mode with a year left on his contract. If Mikey promised the man something and didn't live up to it, that could piss him off, but I don't know jack.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Its blatanly obvious to me Norv signed with Cle AFTER learning Horton not getting the GIG.

I swer we are fans of the biggest bunch of idiots ever... HULK SMASH!

The report for him being the favorite to be the Browns OC was long before this. Horton might have made a claim out of desperation (remember NORV TURNER WASN'T HIS FIRST CHOICE) and had been proven false. All Mike Bidwill had to do was make a phonecall to verify it. In this day and age its not that hard to find out if something is true or not (unless your name is Tae'o evidently)

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like another Cardinals blunder in the making. What the hell is wrong with Arizona sports teams? The ownership sucks here. Plain sucks. Horton should of been hired already. What I thought could be the worst case scenario, is even worse. Now, our best hope is to get Arians signed and then go and get Rob Ryan. What a mess. I hope Horton does leave and then comes back and kick our ass.

There you go. Root against you own team. Pathetic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn