Bickley and other media calling for Kliff to be gone.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Harbaugh won 10 games at Michigan 3 times, and 9 games one year. As a pro coach, his worst record was 8-8, and he went to a Superbowl.

To me he makes a lot of sense as a HC, culture builder, and overall manager of the team. I don't remember him having tons of problems with players, but I know he didn't like the 49ers GM.

I feel like he is the only HC candidate with NFL HC experience that is not going to be coming off a dumpster fire...at least in the NFL. Maybe people think Michigan was bad this year...but Im talking not coming off very recent NFL suckage.

The only other way to go would be a coordinator with no HC experience, or a college HC....but I dont have any great names.

My 2 biggest reservations with Harbaugh: 1) He seems to flame out after 3 or 4 years, wherever he goes. 2) He'd want a Gruden type deal, where he get's to hand pick his GM.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not going to happen IMO. I would be very surprised if SK or KK go anywhere. I would be moderately surprised if VJ goes anywhere.

Status quo heading to 3-13 next year.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Not activating Hundley and activating Steve Streveler is a fireable offense. Kliff is in WAY over his head, it's time to move on.

He’s always been overrated on this board. Every excuse in the book was made for Kliff’s consistent failures at Texas Tech to justify Keim and Bidwill’s desperation.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Can you clarify on the rant about Murray warming up.. were they criticizing Murray for that? Teammates know WHAT is going on?

Probably that Murray was warming up, back and forth to the locker room and blue tent for treatment, to try and get back in the game, but it wasn't his decision until it was too late.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Show me a person that goes to work that early, and I’ll show you a person who’s compensating because they’re not bright enough to do their job in the first place.

I get your point, but I'd probably say show me someone who brags about getting to work at 4:30...etc...

Putting in work, is putting in work, but when you have to make a production about it, where everyone else knows it, that's the problem.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
No one is getting fired. If you fire Kliff then the team would be paying 3 coaching staffs all at the same time in 2021. Not happening. Earliest Kliff is canned is after next season.

You're probably right, but it sucks if that's the case, because that's when the team has to make a decision on extending Murray, executing 5th year option, or letting him play out 4th season and be FA.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At least I am consistent.

Jim Caldwell.

Like his HC skill set, like his demeanor. He has health issues. Doubt he'll ever return as a HC. Would LOVE him as a senior consultant or even GM possibly. Very good judge of talent.

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I see the older guys like Marv Lewis or Caldwell as GM candidates more than coaching. I think they are done on the sidelines at this age.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Not activating Hundley and activating Steve Streveler is a fireable offense. Kliff is in WAY over his head, it's time to move on.

this is the one that sticks in my head

we watched Bret Hundley come into a game a year ago and produce offense

watching Streveler yesterday, it was clear he wasnt ready.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I see the older guys like Marv Lewis or Caldwell as GM candidates more than coaching. I think they are done on the sidelines at this age.

Lewis is only 62 and Caldwell 65...lol

Pete Carroll is 69
BA is 68...and he was 60 when AZ gave him his 1st HC job.
Billy B is 68

They aren't spring chickens, but if they have energy and desire, I wouldn't write them off.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
personally I would offer Lincoln Riley a fortune and pray.
Urban Meyer apparently asking for 12 mill a year to coach in NFL. I shudder to think what Lincoln Reilly would want as compensation.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lewis is only 62 and Caldwell 65...lol

Pete Carroll is 69
BA is 68...and he was 60 when AZ gave him his 1st HC job.
Billy B is 68

They aren't spring chickens, but if they have energy and desire, I wouldn't write them off.
Trust me. They DON'T have the energy necessary to turn this franchise around. It would be simply for that last bit of money for retirement. Forget the old guys. We need a combination of coaching ability AND fire in the belly.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're probably right, but it sucks if that's the case, because that's when the team has to make a decision on extending Murray, executing 5th year option, or letting him play out 4th season and be FA.

There is absolutely no decision with Murray. You pick up his 5th year option and negotiate a contract. He's OROY his first year and a pro bowler his second. The kid is the best young QB our franchise has ever had. Get a real HC and build the team around him. IMO

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hump has a viewpoint:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Trust me. They DON'T have the energy necessary to turn this franchise around. It would be simply for that last bit of money for retirement. Forget the old guys. We need a combination of coaching ability AND fire in the belly.

I keep going back to Harbaugh. He has had a level of success that is above what the Cards have had in the past. There are very few other candidates with any HC experience that also have a decent record.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Yep. A 2.5 game "progression" with all the problems we were forced to watch? Nowhere NEAR enough progression.

I don't want to hear the win progression argument either when you factor in that 5 of the wins were against the NFC East + Jets. We also played 10 games against teams with 9 or more losses. We had an easy schedule that we're not going to see again. We probably only have 6 or 7 wins with the 2019 schedule and that was a pretty soft schedule too.

I've been listening Bickley and Marotta for the first time in ages and boy are they killing KK.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose