Bickley and other media calling for Kliff to be gone.

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by AZman5103, Jan 4, 2021.

1. GoldGloveschmidt

GoldGloveschmidt Registered

Can you clarify on the rant about Murray warming up.. were they criticizing Murray for that? Teammates know WHAT is going on?

2. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

3. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

One thing that Harbaugh & Roman would bring would be a physical presence that this team sorely, sorely needs. Especially, in the NFC West. Not a Harbaugh fan per se, but we need a tougher approach to football. There has to be much better options out there right now than KK.

4. HGC

HGC Registered

My point is that they aren’t going to get any of them. A coach who’s in demand from other teams isn’t going to take the job with the most unstable front office. The Jaguars and Lions cleaned house so those jobs regardless of the current state of the teams will be much more highly regarded than the Cardinals opening. It would be a name that 95% of the board would be unhappy with.

5. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Kliff Kingsbury, Cardinals fail to find redemption in lackluster loss to Rams

https://arizonasports.com/story/249...o-find-redemption-in-lackluster-loss-to-rams/

Emotions are high. Temperatures are hot. I’ve learned not to make really big decisions while incandescent with rage.

Fire Kliff Kingsbury?

Yes. Definitely, yes.

Following an 18-7 loss on Sunday, there is no other path forward. The Cardinals will miss the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year. The lack of leadership and discipline are appalling. The offense is prone to stagnation. They have collectively squandered a golden opportunity, losing to lesser teams, often taking the field without bloodlust, shooting themselves in the feet along the way.

Rest at the link: https://arizonasports.com/story/249...o-find-redemption-in-lackluster-loss-to-rams/

6. HomerPimpson

HomerPimpson Registered

Starks started by saying something like there's miles of tunnel beneath the stadium where questionable players warm up, there was no need for him to run laps on the field, leave to the tunnel, come back, etc. He literally went on a rant which took up the entire segment. As to the 2nd part, I won't get into their inferences but the context was that after the x-ray, it wasn't going to get worse, it was a matter of pain management, so his antics weren't necessary. Then they got into saying in the next couple of weeks stories will come out about the dysfunction. What that means, precisely, is anyone's guess.

Stout likes this.
  7. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Registered

At least I am consistent.

Jim Caldwell.

AZfaninMN and kerouac9 like this.
  8. RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin Registered

Kyler Murray has an perception problem, and if he thinks that does not matter, that is a problem.

Say what you will, but perception matters.

The situation with him yesterday was weird, regardless of what was going on it looks and felt weird.

Right now, I feel we have an injury prone Jay Cutler. That is the perception I get, fair or not. And it probably is unfair......is what it is.

As for Kingsbury, he looks VERY overmatched, and the perception that I get from Kliff is he is trying to "fake it till you make it". I am not sure he will make it.

This season is emotionally tough for all. The roller coast was extremely high at times and extremely low.

9. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2021 - Prove It

You say this like Keim wouldn't also be gone.

10. HomerPimpson

HomerPimpson Registered

Lol @ "Those sated by the “progress” of an 8-8 season should be muzzled with duct tape. You don’t care enough to be part of this conversation."

Ouchie-Z-Clown and Solar7 like this.
  11. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2021 - Prove It

This would be an extremely lukewarm selection, but might be what it needed for this organization. The Tristan Wirfs to the other Isaiah Simmons candidates.

12. HomerPimpson

HomerPimpson Registered

I posted a follow-up on what was said. It was very quick, they basically cut Starks off and went to commercial. I'm not entirely sure what they're inferring but it's either a Murray or KK thing. Just to toss some facts out instead of speculation, in the article BIM posted, Kyler himself says he was waiting for the pain meds to kick in.

(Edit: and I tend to agree with Bickley when he said I won't question another man's toughness, but his teammates will)

13. sdscard4

sdscard4 Registered

Have always liked Caldwell

14. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

Which decent coach in his right mind is going to want to work for a organization that fires it current staff after going 8-8 a year after getting 1st pick in draft?

HomerPimpson likes this.
  15. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

I’m not sold that Keim is in the same trouble that KK is in. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did get fired, but not expecting it either.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.