Bickley and other media calling for Kliff to be gone.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which decent coach in his right mind is going to want to work for a organization that fires it current staff after going 8-8 a year after getting 1st pick in draft?
32 head coaching stints in the nfl. Not all of them come with a young talented qb. Cards might not be first choice of every candidate but people are fooling themselves if they think there won’t be candidates, even good ones, that wouldn’t be excited to come here and be “the guy.”

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I am glad D-Hump is sticking up for his coach, but the bottom line is the Cards had one of the easiest schedules I can remember in my life time. The combined record of their 2020 opponents was 93-114-1 (a .446 win percentage).

They faced only 4 teams with winning records (rams and hawks twice) and went 2-4 in six games against. The combined record of those 4 teams was 45-19 (a .703 win percentage)

They faced 9 teams with 9 or more losses on the season (SF twice) and went 6-4 in ten games against.
The combined record of those 9 teams was 48-95-1 (a 0.337 win percentage).

They were pretenders and failures.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
D.J. Humphries on those calling for the firing of Kliff Kingsbury:

"We came light years from having the No. 1 pick and 3 wins to being 8-8. That happened with Kliff as our head coach....If you're not with us, you're against us."

Sorry Hump... we can be fans of the team but not of the coach. I'm a fan of America, but I despise Trump... does that make me "against America?"

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am glad D-Hump is sticking up for his coach, but the bottom line is the Cards had one of the easiest schedules I can remember in my life time. The combined record of their 2020 opponents was 93-114-1 (a .446 win percentage).

They faced only 4 teams with winning records (rams and hawks twice) and went 2-4 in six games against. The combined record of those 4 teams was 45-19 (a .703 win percentage)

They faced 9 teams with 9 or more losses on the season (SF twice) and went 6-4 in ten games against.

Thats what makes it all the worst

This season was a potential championship window that they blew

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is the thing or me. Kliff is consistent which I know players love. The question is does he hold players accountable? If he does, than this is all just learning and we will see improvement. If he doesn't, than this is just dysfunctional and it is doomed to fail.

Stay tuned.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know of course....but all it takes is MB thinking that same question over night. If he has an answer then there might be some firings.

If it's me. I would hire Jim Harbaugh as the HC with a big checkbook for OC and DC. I think he has the type of attitude we need in this division and I think Kyler would like him.

Option 2 would be Greg Roman maybe? He has designed an offense that can maximize Lamar Jackson's strengths. I think we could do the same for Kyler? His team also is able to play tough football, which we are not right now.

Lincoln Riley, Robert Salas?
Riley & Saleh would be my top 2. Depends on what KM wants really. The only way KK gets fired is if KM wants him gone? I have no idea what KM was talking about in his press conference that he wouldn't discuss openly.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe it’s not the coach. Maybe it’s the GM, who hasn’t exactly had a great track record in the draft or free agent market. From listening to present GM during free agency, you would have thought we were bringing in the undefeated Dolphin team piece by piece.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, we don't get the creampuff games against the NFC East next year. Can't see how the record doesn't get worse unless Keim pulls off a series of miracles.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe it’s not the coach. Maybe it’s the GM, who hasn’t exactly had a great track record in the draft or free agent market. From listening to present GM during free agency, you would have thought we were bringing in the undefeated Dolphin team piece by piece.

It's both, however good coaching still manages to win games. Look at the Pats - that was one of the least talented teams I have ever seen and somehow they won 7 games.

Other than having good relationships with his players, I don't think Kliff has shown any redeeming qualities. He's a terrible game manager, his offense is simplistic, predictable, and without Kyler totally ineffective. He is even slow getting his play calls in which costs timeouts in virtually every game.

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
Kingsbury = Trestman 2.0. Just not a head coach (or perhaps, not even an OC who can adjust)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New weekly post game interview format for KK. Just bring a deer to the podium, have him stare into the headlights and say "We need to do better and give them credit"

this is brutally funny.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
If we would have drafted Cee Cee Lamb, who Murray wanted us to draft as well as myself, rather than Simmons we would be in the playoffs easily and have a far better future. Murray only had one reliable reciever all year, Hopkins. Kirk dropped at least two potentially game winning catches in the last Month. IMO he is way overrated. Lamb would have been fantastic for the future of our team as well.

If we would have drafted Lamb or Jefferson, the conversation about firing KK would not be happening.

Draft the best receiver available or RB this off season.

Drop Fitz, Peterson and Drake or at least sign them for far less than they made this season. None of them performed up to what they were paid.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we would have drafted Cee Cee Lamb, who Murray wanted us to draft as well as myself, rather than Simmons we would be in the playoffs easily and have a far better future. Murray only had one reliable reciever all year, Hopkins. Kirk dropped at least two potentially game winning catches in the last Month. IMO he is way overrated. Lamb would have been fantastic for the future of our team as well.

If we would have drafted Lamb or Jefferson, the conversation about firing KK would not be happening.

Draft the best receiver available or RB this off season.

Drop Fitz, Peterson and Drake or at least sign them for far less than they made this season. None of them performed up to what they were paid.
We need at least 2 more good WR's. Need to draft the best CB available in the draft. That would be a good start. Kirk needs to be replaced. The salary cap is going down to around 175 million in 2021 so what this team looks like is anyone's guess?

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know of course....but all it takes is MB thinking that same question over night. If he has an answer then there might be some firings.

If it's me. I would hire Jim Harbaugh as the HC with a big checkbook for OC and DC. I think he has the type of attitude we need in this division and I think Kyler would like him.

Option 2 would be Greg Roman maybe? He has designed an offense that can maximize Lamar Jackson's strengths. I think we could do the same for Kyler? His team also is able to play tough football, which we are not right now.

Lincoln Riley, Robert Salas?
Riley with an experienced coordinator. Marvin Lewis maybe?

I realize we just did this but I like it with better coaches

OP
OP
A

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There are coaches out there with more experience and better resumes than Kliff. Its not really a question of if we can find anyone, its do we want to be on our 3rd coach in 4 years?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson