29. Baltimore Ravens: Dont'a Hightower, ILB
30. San Francisco 49ers: Alfonso Dennard, CB
31. New England Patriots: Jared Crick, DT/DE
32. New York Giants: Cody Glenn, OG/OT

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The first 12 picks look logical to me.

What we do at #13 depends on what the FO is thinking: If they feel Martin is a lockdown OT, he could be the guy. If they'd like to shore up NT/DT, they could opt for Brockers or even Poe. Or if they decide the way to juice up the passing attack is to add a burner opposite Fitz, I could see us drafting Kendall Wright. Or maybe we really like Kuechly. Or maybe some team makes us an offer we can't refuse and we trade down.

It all depends on what our Board looks like (& we're not going to know that until the draft).

OP
OP
bg7brd

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

What we do at #13 depends on what the FO is thinking: If they feel Martin is a lockdown OT, he could be the guy. If they'd like to shore up NT/DT, they could opt for Brockers or even Poe. Or if they decide the way to juice up the passing attack is to add a burner opposite Fitz, I could see us drafting Kendall Wright. Or maybe we really like Kuechly. Or maybe some team makes us an offer we can't refuse and we trade down.

It all depends on what our Board looks like (& we're not going to know that until the draft).

I would rather have DeCastro but I don't think he will get past KC. I'm okay with Martin but I hope we don't reach for Adams.

Last edited:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I liked the Martin pick, then I looked a bit more into him. I saw that Kiper recently projected us taking him as well then I read what he had to say about him.

As I've noted before, Arizona hasn't drafted an offensive lineman before the fifth round since 2007 -- and it's about time. Martin may start on the right side, but he has the physical tools to become the blindside tackle here. Questions remain about what the Cardinals will do at quarterback -- my guess for now is they simply stick with Kevin Kolb and hope that investment pays off -- but there's no question they have to be better up front regardless of who is back there. Martin has a lot of athleticism, is a very good run blocker, and should continue to improve his game.

Will start on the right side and then get moved to the left? "Athletic" and a great "run blocker." Sounds just like the garbage we were fed about Levi. And to a lesser extent, Leonard Davis. Why can't we ever get a guy who's known for his pass blocking and should start as a blindside tackle from the beginning?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I liked the Martin pick, then I looked a bit more into him. I saw that Kiper recently projected us taking him as well then I read what he had to say about him.

Will start on the right side and then get moved to the left? "Athletic" and a great "run blocker." Sounds just like the garbage we were fed about Levi. And to a lesser extent, Leonard Davis. Why can't we ever get a guy who's known for his pass blocking and should start as a blindside tackle from the beginning?
It says "may" start on the right side. I don't think there are many rookies you want blocking your qbs blind side.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being here in STL rumors are the Rams are really looking to try to move the second pick. Cleveland is likey to move up and the Rams would move down to #4 if Cleveland offers both 1st rounders.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If he is there, I have come to the conclusion also that we have to take Martin. He has a great upside and like I said before, the more I read about him the better I like him. Our need is just too great to pass up any possible starter for OT. Even if we get one during FA, I still see us taking another and finally dealing with our greatest weakness once and for all.

OP
OP
bg7brd

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Being here in STL rumors are the Rams are really looking to try to move the second pick. Cleveland is likey to move up and the Rams would move down to #4 if Cleveland offers both 1st rounders.

That is definitely a possibility. I'm thinking the Browns decide to keep their 2 picks and give McCoy a weapon and some protection. If the Rams trade with Washington there's a good chance they miss out on both Kalil and Blackmon.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If we are taking a lineman..... And we can choose between Decastro or Martin...... And we choose Martin...... I will consider it a huge blunder.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

If Trent Richardson is there when we pick I would sure give him serious consideration. This guy is a difference maker and we are short at RB. When Wells goes down we are in trouble.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard