Best Walk-Off TD in AZ/PHX Cardinals History

Best Walk-Off TD in AZ/PHX Cardinals History

• 2008 v. Cowboys - Sean Morey blocked punt returned by Monty Beisel for a TD in OT

• 2009 v Packers (playoffs) - Michael Adams sacks Aaron Rodgers. Fumbles ball. Dansby returns for TD

• 2011 v Rams - Patrick Peterson 99 yard punt return for TD in OT

• 2015 v Packers (playoffs) - Carson Palmer flips ball to Fitz for TD in OT

• 2020 v Bills - Murray to Hopkins Hail Mary

• Other (write in)

• 2003 v Vikings - McCown to Nate Poole to end the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Which one was more impressive or entertaining

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was in a bar full of packer fans for 2015. My single voice was louder than anything in the room during that play. Maybe louder than when Gonzales bloop singles for the WS and I was in a bar on 14th st in NYC. 2015 for me

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Dansby OT playoff TD game winner.
this was my choice

based on how the 2nd half of that game went, I felt like when the Cards lost the coin flip, they lost the game

Rogers missed an open WR the play before that likely goes for a game winning TD

and then that play to win it.................

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2009 ending was wild. Offensive shootout only to end on a defensive TD. No one could've seen that coming. That's why I picked that.

and it was a walkoff to win a playoff game. The electricity surging through that stadium even before the play was sky high. As Dansby crossed that goal-line it positively EXPLODED. Shocked the roof didn’t fly off.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neil Lomax to Roy Green with :03 left on the clock was pretty awesome back in 1988 at SDS. We trailed 23-0 in the 3rd quarter and scored 17 points in the 4th quarter to defeat the 49ers (eventual SB champs that season).

The stands went crazy and repeated the scene from the previous night when ASU had come back to defeat Oregon State - fans began throwing their (empty) souvenir cups so much that it looked like it was snowing cups.

One of the best weekends for back-to-back games in the Cardinals' SDS era.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neil Lomax to Roy Green with :03 left on the clock was pretty awesome back in 1988 at SDS. We trailed 23-0 in the 3rd quarter and scored 17 points in the 4th quarter to defeat the 49ers (eventual SB champs that season).

The stands went crazy and repeated the scene from the previous night when ASU had come back to defeat Oregon State - fans began throwing their (empty) souvenir cups so much that it looked like it was snowing cups.

That was my first ever in-person NFL game :)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

YES!!!! I gerw up in 9er country and was so stoked!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was at all these games except the most recent one. I gotta go with the Fitz TD in 2015. But they were all incredible finishes to incredible games. So much rich history in a short time at Jiffy Pop Stadium®, including several amazing college bowl games.

As for the Cowboys game finish - that was especially fun, because we had a bunch of obnoxious Cowboys fans sitting right in front of us who were talking trash all day long. To their credit, they were humbled by the finish and congratulated the Cards fans they were surrounded by when the game ended.. perhaps just as a self-preservation measure so that they could get out of the building in one piece.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
@Brian in Mesa during the Superbowl that year, I always felt Bill Walsh stole that play from the Cardinal's game winner to defeat Cincy in that throw to John Taylor. When I watched that SB ( I was 14) I always felt it was the same play.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best part is remembering ALL of these terrific finishes from being there in person. Definitely blessed as a fan.

With my wife for all but the McCown to Poole game. Was there with my cousin for that one. Remember that we had a big ASFN halftime group and we stayed into the 3rd quarter for a bit. We just went upstairs in the North end zone side rather than making the trek back to our South end zone seats. The final TD happened right below us.

:newcards:

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The McCown to Poole pass was great. It just wasn’t as important as the playoff games. I remember watching and think of Herman Edwards now when I reminisce. Hard to believe Josh was still playing last year!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How is nobody mentioning 1998...Chris Jacke walk-off against Chargers to send Cardinals to 1st playoffs in AZ history.

That was crazy insane to be there and witness it....Watching people tearing down the goalposts and marching them down Mill Ave....Rushing the field.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is nobody mentioning 1998...Chris Jacke walk-off against Chargers to send Cardinals to 1st playoffs in AZ history.

That was crazy insane to be there and witness it....Watching people tearing down the goalposts and marching them down Mill Ave....Rushing the field.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Definitely a good ending, but not a TD.

Kwamie Lassiter with 4 interceptions and dropped what would have been an NFL-record 5th. Took my cousin (only 9 at the time) with me to that game and he begged me to let him rush the field, but I knew my uncle would kill me if I did. LOL We just watched the postgame pandemonium from the South end zone.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
2015 packer game would've taken the cake easily if Fitz scores on the previous long catch and run... I still voted for the Fitz play but it would've been way cooler

Didn't vote for this one, becuse the play to Fitz before was so much better.

FYI, I picked the Sean Morey blocked punt, but in hindsight, I should have picked the Dansby fumble return, as it was a playoff game with bigger implications. Hard to not pick anything that has Dallas coming up on the losing end.

Go Cards!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson