Best time to be a Cards fan I can remember...

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Funny how things go....I bought my kids authentic jerseys at the Draft party this weekend and they wore them to school today....there Packer and Bronco rooting friends were High Fiving them and saying that the Cards rock...getting Matt Leinart. My boys have always told them to have there team but root for the Hometeam the rest of the time....That is what will happen if this team starts to Win consistantly...the kids will get behind them. When I was little it was easy as the Cards were Division Champs( Imagine That) and had the best offense in the league (Hart and Metcalf days). It steeled me for the coming years living in Texas and fending off Cowpie fans. The Arizona Kids have never had that here as the team has only Won in 98 and then they dismantled the team. Best time I can remember to be a Cards fan is right now, every thing seems brand New......Damn, I'm getting Misty:D

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Admittedly I have been pumped up 4 x

1. Timm Rosenbach in the preseason was at qb and he was demolishing all the preseason teams like 40-6 crap like that. We were incredible that presesason and I was like YES>>> then he went down before the first game and we sucked...

2. Jake Plummer - Getting drafted by the Cards and then coming in late in that Philly game to win it..... WOW

3. Buddy Ryan - I thought he was gonna build a defense that would be the envy of all teams. He got very close but it was a time when Bidwill didnt have much to spend. Then to compound it Buddy hired his kids to do scouting and everything went downhill

4. 2006-7 Superbowl Cardinals - the new stadium, E>James, Leinart, fitz, boldin, and of course Dansby. I just knew it was gonna happen...

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rats said:
Funny how things go....I bought my kids authentic jerseys at the Draft party this weekend and they wore them to school today....there Packer and Bronco rooting friends were High Fiving them and saying that the Cards rock...getting Matt Leinart. My boys have always told them to have there team but root for the Hometeam the rest of the time....That is what will happen if this team starts to Win consistantly...the kids will get behind them. When I was little it was easy as the Cards were Division Champs( Imagine That) and had the best offense in the league (Hart and Metcalf days). It steeled me for the coming years living in Texas and fending off Cowpie fans. The Arizona Kids have never had that here as the team has only Won in 98 and then they dismantled the team. Best time I can remember to be a Cards fan is right now, every thing seems brand New......Damn, I'm getting Misty:D

Nice. :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad and I have had a running bet for years now - I said the Cardinals would win the Super Bowl before the Suns win an NBA Championship. Let's just say - I like my odds.

:jedi:

HooverDam

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
My dad and I have had a running bet for years now - I said the Cardinals would win the Super Bowl before the Suns win an NBA Championship. Let's just say - I like my odds.

I love both teams, so I dont want to root against either, but the Suns are closer. Next year with a HEALTHY Amare and KT. Plus theyll probably draft a good player or two and make some nice signings. The Cards are probably at least 2 years from contending for the title, the Suns can contend next year.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
1974 and 1975 were good years...I was 12 and 13 years old respectively...I usually hated showing up to school on Mondays after a Cardinals loss, but those years (and 1976 as well) I got to stick it to most of the bandwagon Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins and Redskins fans.

I grew up in Indiana (well before the Colts arrived), and most kids just picked teams based on their successes. There were a few Bears fans as well, but most just followed the teams that won.

Not me. I suffered through the three consecutive 4-9-1 years (1971, 1972 and 1973), the good Don Coryell years, and all of the disappointing years between then and now.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:
2. Jake Plummer - Getting drafted by the Cards and then coming in late in that Philly game to win it..... WOW

We lost that game in OT. He brought us back to tie with a TD pass to Kevin Williams but we ultimately lost.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
HooverDam said:
I love both teams, so I dont want to root against either, but the Suns are closer. Next year with a HEALTHY Amare and KT. Plus theyll probably draft a good player or two and make some nice signings. The Cards are probably at least 2 years from contending for the title, the Suns can contend next year.

As a Cardinals fan, I've seen way too much Microfracture surgery.

Wadsworth and Swann both had it.....Wadsworth never played again. And Swann was rendered totally ineffective afterwords.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1) The victory over San Diego that sent us to the playoffs.

2) Beating the Cowboys in the Playoffs.

3) Watching the goal posts come down in '97.

4) This offseason as a whole.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Every offseason and preseason is the best time to be a cards fan.

Reality usually hits around week 5...

Here's to hoping this season will be different. :)

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Redrage said:
1) The victory over San Diego that sent us to the playoffs.

2) Beating the Cowboys in the Playoffs.

3) Watching the goal posts come down in '97.

4) This offseason as a whole.

Beating the Vikes in the last regular season game. Not very important, but I was watching the game at a local hangout. There was this guy and his wife there every week, and he was a Vikings fan. A really LOUD ANNOYING COCKY Vikings fan. Dude gave me crap every week. When McCown nailed that pass, the dude left the bar quickly and quitely. AWESOME.

Bobcat

Reaction score
The way tickets seem to be flying out the door, it feels great to be a Season Ticket Holder.

Bobcat

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

I totally missed this post and have to sa that I think you're dead on. Of course, I'm hoping that Cards win the Super Bowl next season and the Suns win the NBA Finals.

Local fans and sports critics gave te Collangelos a freeride through some pretty stupid moves. I've never thougt they've been particularly fair to the Bidwills.

Not to mention that the city was willing to build the baseball stadium but not a football facility. I would have loved to have had Cardinals Stadium at that location.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bobcat said:
The way tickets seem to be flying out the door, it feels great to be a Season Ticket Holder.

Bobcat

Nice call. :thumbup:

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
It would be AWESOME to have our own team in the SB next year at HOME...this town (state) would be insane!

seesred

Reaction score
There have been many good times and many sad times. I wish Tillman were here to play in the new stadium. But it is a great time to be a Card's fan. The 49rs game we won in the last quarter with Lomax and Green and friends. Plummer the first two years. SAn Diego a full stadium everyone rooting us on. The crowd at the airport to see them off to Dallas in 98. The win in Dallas. The promises, Buerline, Boomer, Hogeboom, Rosey, . Swann in his prime, Aneas Williams, jamir Miller, etc..

But it's all new now. New seats AH comfort. New surroundings for tailgating, smell those brats, no more Tempe cops spinmning me the wrong way even if we had only 20,000. New logo, unis, players. Star power, Kurt, Q, Fitz, Wilson, Dockett, Rolle, EDGE, Davis(someday), Player, Chike, Berry, and more coming. 65,000 fans in red! Yes, this year is the start of something very different, we can wear are jerseys whenever without people going why. We have a real football coach in his third year set up to win.

If and when I go to Cardinals heaven I will be sure to wear my cardinal's gear and tell everyone there, there is a team in Arizona the peolpe call the Cardinals. These guys were a pleasure to watch and the winning began in 2006.

GBR

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison