Best Secondary in the NFL???

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
So do we now have the best Secondary in the NFL??? Rhodes and AW, DRC, Peterson, Toler...Pretty strong. If Peterson is our Woodson, we could very well have the best secondary in football if healthy. This was a great pick and the safest pick.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't you think it should read Rhoades, AW, Petersen, Toler and DRC? With DRC as the afterthought?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm just looking forward to hopefully not seeing our CB's play 10 yards off the LOS

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
I definitly think a message was sent to DRC that he needs to get professional and stop the prima donna act.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
As long as A-Dub is guarding TE's we will not be in the top 5.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a strong defensive backfield. No doubt. I bet all the NFL preview magazines grade it as a B in their rankings though. Idiots!

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
your secondary is only as good as your pass rush....just sayinnnnnnn

I think we have to look for Calais Campbell to give us more of a pass rush. He showed promise and then regressed last year. That guy is the answer to getting to the Qb. With out him we are not going to pressure the Qb.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have to look for Calais Campbell to give us more of a pass rush. He showed promise and then regressed last year. That guy is the answer to getting to the Qb. With out him we are not going to pressure the Qb.

Campbell didn't really regress though. 7 sacks is good from a 3_4 DE

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
As long as A-Dub is guarding TE's we will not be in the top 5.

I am looking for this to change under Horton. A-Dub needs to be closer to the line putting pressure ala Dansby. He is a beast when used that way. Liability in coverage Imo

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
It's definitely a strong defensive backfield. No doubt. I bet all the NFL preview magazines grade it as a B in their rankings though. Idiots!

Depends on what we do with the 38th pick. We do well there and we get A all the way. Need a solid Olinemen to slip to us.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
Campbell didn't really regress though. 7 sacks is good from a 3_4 DE

Yes, it seemed to be a quite 7. Need him to have more of a presence IMO

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what we do with the 38th pick. We do well there and we get A all the way. Need a solid Olinemen to slip to us.

I meant our secondary grade. Not draft grade. Sorry.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm just looking forward to hopefully not seeing our CB's play 10 yards off the LOS

That is the Bulk of the coverage being played in the NFL today by most of the NFL, including Pitt, Baltimore, and the Jets.

So we should get used to it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
So do we now have the best Secondary in the NFL??? Rhodes and AW, DRC, Peterson, Toler...Pretty strong. If Peterson is our Woodson, we could very well have the best secondary in football if healthy. This was a great pick and the safest pick.

wooow there Cowboy!!! Lets see if DRC & PP7 can adapt to what Horton & what the Stealers predominately ran in coverage...a zone scheme. The strength of both players is man to man style, press coverage!!! This secondary has ability, now lets see the production we have yet to see before such statements!!!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes, it seemed to be a quite 7. Need him to have more of a presence IMO

Most Sacks on the Team.

Which is not what we need. Your 3-4 DE should never be your leading pass rusher, with 7.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this team can figure out a way to muster up ANY semblance of a pass rush, this secondary can be scary good.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
wooow there Cowboy!!! Lets see if DRC & PP7 can adapt to what Horton & what the Stealers predominately ran in coverage...a zone scheme. The strength of both players is man to man style, press coverage!!! This secondary has ability, now lets see the production we have yet to see before such statements!!!

I was soliciting opinions not making a statement. That group does make a statement though. I also said if PP7 is our Charles Woodson. Your correct that we have to see the production now.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Reaction score
Most Sacks on the Team.

Which is not what we need. Your 3-4 DE should never be your leading pass rusher, with 7.

There were many statements by Dockett and Robinson about how they looked to Campbell to get double digit sacks. He has that kind of ability. Contract year and a better coverage scheme under Horton...he may break out. As long as there sacks who cares who gets them. Campbell sacking the Qb is as good as any Lb sacking the Qb for me.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too early to say best but this is almost assuredly the fastest secondary the cards have ever fielded.

We'll see if Horton can mold that speed into a great secondary or not but it's easier to do with this sort of athletic ability.

I just hope Peterson can catch punts, his ability to return is a big part of the total package but you never know until a kid actually gets to the NFL whether or not he can return punts. I'm pretty certain he can.